Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Packages! Long Term Recurring Discounts Inside! FROM 29.94€/1Y - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Packages! Long Term Recurring Discounts Inside! FROM 29.94€/1Y

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

You can use emby with our services, it's not even hard to setup. We did make an announcement with rough guide about it, but no wiki entry (yet).

Transcoding demands A LOT of CPU. We sometimes get silly questions like 30+ simultaneous 4k hdr transcodes on a 10-20€ shared oO; That's more than any single CPU can provide at this moment i think (2k+ passmark points required per stream, ie. EPyC 7551 is just shy of 20k - so 10 max, current 64C i think is around 50k so but that CPU also costs something silly like 10 000€). Essentially asking for dedicated dual 4k+ € each CPU in those instances.

Since Dragon-R is using EPyC 7551, 7601 and similar CPUs, transcoding 1-2 simultaneous threads is not a problem even on the lowest cost :)

If you do not transcode it does not need much at all.

plex indeed has some privacy concerns, they did pull back after community backlash, but they already showed their immoral privacy practice intent, essentially they want to collect all your data and use however they please (your library contents, what you watch, when you watch, how many times etc. anything they can get their hands on). Something akin to Facebook level (FB has now decided they essentially own your phone and even collects your banking details).
    That and some software design choices for their software has ensured we do not want to support it on any shared service.

Emby is fine, jellyfin too. You can setup those on your userspace, maybe "more official" support will come later.

Even decade ago streaming was not a problem if you did not need transcoding, on computers plain ol' VLC can do it trivially, SSHFS fuse mount, kodi etc. Kodi can directly use SSH/SFTP/FTP as well. Infact we even had streaming on the filemanager, might still work but the filemanager is in desperate need of replacement (if you know good one easy to integrate let us know!)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    You can use emby with our services, it's not even hard to setup. We did make an announcement with rough guide about it, but no wiki entry (yet).

Transcoding demands A LOT of CPU. We sometimes get silly questions like 30+ simultaneous 4k hdr transcodes on a 10-20€ shared oO; That's more than any single CPU can provide at this moment i think (2k+ passmark points required per stream, ie. EPyC 7551 is just shy of 20k - so 10 max, current 64C i think is around 50k so but that CPU also costs something silly like 10 000€). Essentially asking for dedicated dual 4k+ € each CPU in those instances.

Since Dragon-R is using EPyC 7551, 7601 and similar CPUs, transcoding 1-2 simultaneous threads is not a problem even on the lowest cost :)

If you do not transcode it does not need much at all.

plex indeed has some privacy concerns, they did pull back after community backlash, but they already showed their immoral privacy practice intent, essentially they want to collect all your data and use however they please (your library contents, what you watch, when you watch, how many times etc. anything they can get their hands on). Something akin to Facebook level (FB has now decided they essentially own your phone and even collects your banking details).
    That and some software design choices for their software has ensured we do not want to support it on any shared service.

Emby is fine, jellyfin too. You can setup those on your userspace, maybe "more official" support will come later.

Even decade ago streaming was not a problem if you did not need transcoding, on computers plain ol' VLC can do it trivially, SSHFS fuse mount, kodi etc. Kodi can directly use SSH/SFTP/FTP as well. Infact we even had streaming on the filemanager, might still work but the filemanager is in desperate need of replacement (if you know good one easy to integrate let us know!)

Wow, I didn't know about Emby cause I didn't read announcements, link for any one interested - http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=485

Can I run it on promo M1000 series box I have (no transcoding, only direct play)? I am slightly confused cause it says "higher end service say Dragon-R"

Just my two cents, but I am sort of really invested in Plex and if you time look at SeedboxWS.com they offer seedboxes for like 1 Euro for 100 GB box and plex capabilities at 0.5 Euro/month. How they do is their central Plex creates directories and sends users email to accept those directories, and transcoding is strictly disabled, your media just won't play if you try to transcode, but will work fine for direct play.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited April 2020

Thank you for your answer @PulsedMedia. Honestly for the discounted price, we can't really expect to have transcoding. All your competitors cost near the double (so they can offer more as defined per their objective i assume). Sometime something just "simple" is what we need.

On my side i'm more with Plex (lifetime Plex Pass) and trying Infuse atm. I really enjoy the way it works, etc. But yeah privacy is now a concern.

I've rented a service on your website (M1000). In my head i was like: "i can deal with it, there is this Infuse app on iOS that all people are talking about since a while ; i will try with PulsedMedia". Unfortunatly direct streaming with Infuse using SFTP connection is not working (ahah maybe it's because i'm in NA actually!). I will try again tomorrow.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

ps20090 said: Can I run it on promo M1000 series box I have (no transcoding, only direct play)? I am slightly confused cause it says "higher end service say Dragon-R"

Without transcoding sure thing, it does not take much resources :)

ps20090 said: Just my two cents, but I am sort of really invested in Plex and if you time look at SeedboxWS.com they offer seedboxes for like 1 Euro for 100 GB box and plex capabilities at 0.5 Euro/month. How they do is their central Plex creates directories and sends users email to accept those directories, and transcoding is strictly disabled, your media just won't play if you try to transcode, but will work fine for direct play.

Sounds like privacy / security nightmare on the making. Interesting choice tho, and good thing if it works and hope i'm wrong on the security nightmare in making.

o_be_one said: I've rented a service on your website (M1000).

• o_be_one said: Unfortunatly direct streaming with Infuse using SFTP connection is not working (ahah maybe it's because i'm in NA actually!). I will try again tomorrow.

So i've tried later yesterday. For 720p TV shows it works, for 4K movies it doesn't work. I imagine i ask too much :D !

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Got the M1000M a month or so ago.

My node has pretty old hardware (Opteron 2419 EE, 24GB Ram, 22TB total space) but performance was always pretty good.

I'd say the biggest problem pulsedmedia has is peering, I noticed that downloading from other seedbox providers was always in the 60mbps range, so having a torrent where only one person seeds can be slow.
    If there are enough seeders, I can max out the 1gbps pretty easily.

Setting up Cloudflare infront of the server, I can always max out file transfers from the server to me.

Some stuff is a bit outdated (e.g. Sonarr), but because you can use sshfs you can do a lot of stuff externally, I have Plex running on another server and use sshfs to access the files.

You can edit your lighttpd config, but I noticed that some stuff doesn't seem to work, like adding vhosts, don't know if that is me doing something wrong, maybe @PulsedMedia can explain.

Over all very happy for the price.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

• @berkay said:
    Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

Be careful with auction, read the wiki and ToS. No support for auction servers, they are made for trial mainly. Consider checking the page about Corona Relief, there is all offers you can have actually (and prices are quite good!).

Thanked by 1berkay
  • @o_be_one said:

@berkay said:

Be careful with auction, read the wiki and ToS. No support for auction servers, they are made for trial mainly. Consider checking the page about Corona Relief, there is all offers you can have actually (and prices are quite good!).

It is special Corona Auction, it is just regular service but with Reverse auction prices. Their specials page says "This is fully normal slot you can purchase upto 3 years, SLA level Gold like normal M1000 series, no special terms of anykind." regarding the auction at https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

Thanked by 2berkay PulsedMedia
  • ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited April 2020

@berkay said:

I think it is only 1 time thing, but you can purchase for upto 3 years so like need to pay for that whole term right now though. So suppose it 4 Euro, 4 Euro x 36 Months = 144 Euro right now. Or chose to buy it only 1 month and just pay 4 Euro right now.

I might be wrong so ask support or PulsedMedia to be sure. The Value250 and SSD series special have recurring price, but it requires annual or longer prepayment, look at https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

Thanked by 2berkay PulsedMedia

berkay said: Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

Recurring, any billing term you want.

o_be_one said: Be careful with auction, read the wiki and ToS. No support for auction servers, they are made for trial mainly. Consider checking the page about Corona Relief, there is all offers you can have actually (and prices are quite good!).

This is not true anymore. There are no special terms attached to these auctions.

From Corona specials page:

BIG BIG NEWS: Corona Auction available! We added an auction M1000 slot as Corona relief Seedbox Auctions page. This is fully normal slot you can purchase upto 3 years, SLA level Gold like normal M1000 series, no special terms of anykind.

Auction page:

Regular M1000 series service, just auction pricing! Sorry no long term additional discounts, but you can now buy for upto 3 years at the auction pricing.

Only the special page normal M1000 -50% is single time discount, it's way too steep discount to make recurring.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @PulsedMedia said:

berkay said: Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

Recurring, any billing term you want.

Thank you. Do you check billing tickets on weekends?

berkay said: Thank you. Do you check billing tickets on weekends?

at a very low priority, typically billing stuff done only on business days.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited April 2020

Thank you PulsedMedia for correcting my message. This is a good news!

Would like to talk again about Plex. ByteSized talked about Olaris as an open source community driven alternative to Plex more oriented to providers. Did you took a look @PulsedMedia ?

Ive seen that in the past you were providing WebDAV connection? I’ve opened a Ticket about this but I will just close it as I’m asking here also and you may be already busy at this time.

Last question: is it possible to optimize my route connection? I feel like this is where im struggling to stream 4k content with PulsedMedia. I’ve found this option with other providers I’ve tried and it fixed my buffering issue with servers in Netherland (as I’m in NA).

Thanks.

• Can these be used just as storage boxes?

guerrilla said: Can these be used just as storage boxes?

Yes.

o_be_one said: Would like to talk again about Plex. ByteSized talked about Olaris as an open source community driven alternative to Plex more oriented to providers. Did you took a look @PulsedMedia ?

Thanks for pointing that out, i have missed Olaris. Will take a look at that.

o_be_one said: Ive seen that in the past you were providing WebDAV connection? I’ve opened a Ticket about this but I will just close it as I’m asking here also and you may be already busy at this time.

WebDAV support was kind of dropped when we went to individual lighttpd process per user due to very low demand. Interestingly now there seems to be interest on it :)

You can change lighttpd config to support it tho.

o_be_one said: Last question: is it possible to optimize my route connection? I feel like this is where im struggling to stream 4k content with PulsedMedia. I’ve found this option with other providers I’ve tried and it fixed my buffering issue with servers in Netherland (as I’m in NA).

Sorry, we do not change routing on per client IP basis. Right now there is heavy congestion all over the place as well, for which we can do nothing about when 3rd party network is congested.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Thank you for all answers PulsedMedia, I really appreciate it.

I hope Olaris will be relevant and help you to offer another nice feature.

I will check to enable WebDAV then. Yeah I’m not surprised that requests regarding this are growing since few most known providers offers it and tells people that it’s « faster than sftp for streaming ». I’ve personnally not check about that and now I really think most buffer issues are related to routes congestion. As you said actually since all people are heavily using internet some routes are quite hard to pass.

About route, I’ve seen one provider offering CloudFlare network as route and it worked really well. Another one provides an app to find the best route and apply best routes for the customer. I’m not really a network guy and don’t well understand how it works and how hard is it to set this kind of change. Just wanted to share result of my research’s with you as since few days I’m heavily reading all wiki and faq to find all answers that could help to get the best experience.

Have a good weekend :)!

• What is price after 1 year sir..?

• @rinalarnando said:
    What is price after 1 year sir..?

For which plan? At https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

VALUE250 Series and SSD Series, price is recurring/ same price at renewal (but annual or longer payments, not monthly payments to get that discount)

M1000 series will get only 5% off at renewal. But you were affected by corona will get 15% off recurring + 1 month free. (% off is based on full price). So first annual payment will be like 62.35€
    down from 124.70€ Annually for M1000 M. Renewal price will be 124.70*95% = 118.46€ Annually (5% off)

If you affected by Corona, need to sumbit ticket and will get 124.70*85%=106€ Annually (15% recurring off discount + 1 month free)

Auction series will have same price recurring, they are monthly payments - https://pulsedmedia.com/seedbox-auctions.php No price change even after 1 year.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @ps20090 said:

@rinalarnando said:
    What is price after 1 year sir..?

For which plan? At https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

VALUE250 Series and SSD Series, price is recurring/ same price at renewal (but annual or longer payments, not monthly payments to get that discount)

M1000 series will get only 5% off at renewal. But you were affected by corona will get 15% off recurring + 1 month free. (% off is based on full price). So first annual payment will be like 62.35€
    down from 124.70€ Annually for M1000 M. Renewal price will be 124.70*95% = 118.46€ Annually (5% off)

If you affected by Corona, need to sumbit ticket and will get 124.70*85%=106€ Annually (15% recurring off discount + 1 month free)

Auction series will have same price recurring, they are monthly payments - https://pulsedmedia.com/seedbox-auctions.php No price change even after 1 year.

Yes VALUE250

o_be_one said: faster than sftp for streaming

That's not true, WebDAV is essentially HTTP/HTTPS.

rinalarnando said: Yes VALUE250

Like it says on the page, it is a recurring discount

edited April 2020

Some more M1000 added :)

o_be_one said: I hope Olaris will be relevant and help you to offer another nice feature.

If anyone is able to test this on our servers i'd be curious of the results.

@ps20090 thanks for answering so many questions here :)

Super busy over here, soooo many orders and so many servers to assemble :) Fun times! Busy+Hard but fun! :) ZEN MiniDedis "flying off the shelves" as well, got to order a bunch more by end of the week to fullfill all those orders. MDS in demand as well. And of course all the spam attacks, hopefully we can turn off email verification soon for billing as well.

No idea what to do with our wiki as of yet, it's essentially "ruined" by spammers now. no good tools to clean up all of the spam accounts and pages seem to exist, and looks like mediawiki has some bizarre database structure so not easy to clean it all up from there neither. Anyone who comes up with practical solution for us we'd be super pleased to hear about that!

Thanked by 2ps20090 o_be_one
  • mayaslmayasl Member

Why don't you accept card payments?

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@mayasl said:
    Why don't you accept card payments?

I don't know but if you don't have Paypal, click on Paypal Checkout button and then you can pay with your card through PayPal Guest Checkout.

I think first time you will need to cancel and return to NuCode and it returns next time when you click on Paypal Checkout.

• To replace MediaWiki, does anyone here already used something like Hugo or mkdocs? With CICD pipeline on GitHub or GitLab? Sounds interesting to me.

For WebDAV, SFTP and FTPS ; issue is more about the video player you use now I’ve checked more. Infuse, a more and more used video players on iOS devices, is bad at FTP / SFTP stream. But with WebDAV or HTTP(s) it works pretty well. The cons for HTTP(s) is that it only supports direct links I think.

edited May 2020

We received more praise and respects for our special offers today in form of yet another attack. This time a DDOS Bruteforce: http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=495

Rapid Seedbox was behind this, it's blatantly obvious once you start checking the routing and ownership of those subnets, knowing that they also have a IPv4 rental business on the side. Some of the subnets is directly under that competitor name, and some are under the owners name and/or their relatives. I would presume the most prevalent ownership details is their ipv4 rental business. Almost none has rdns setup, and apart from some colocrossing rdns most are very obvious spam websites/system rdns.

Above announcement has the checked IPs listed, once we blocked all those whole /24 subnets it ended. Almost all of those subnets point directly to Rapid Seedbox under an alias or another, but indeed a few subnets has directly their name. Once we pointed this out to them, they stopped all communication promptly with us.

UPDATE Did not take long after posting this information for rapid seedbox to respond. They claim they have found the customer behind this, waiting for more information.

UPDATE 2 Will take until tomorrow to find out more on who is behind this. In any case, the attack was very quickly mitigated, now it is all about finding out the culprit and going through the logs for precaution.

Thanked by 1larmarat
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Competition is healthy they say....

• @PulsedMedia said:
    We received more praise and respects for our special offers today in form of yet another attack. This time a DDOS Bruteforce: http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=495

Rapid Seedbox was behind this, it's blatantly obvious once you start checking the routing and ownership of those subnets, knowing that they also have a IPv4 rental business on the side. Some of the subnets is directly under that competitor name, and some are under the owners name and/or their relatives. I would presume the most prevalent ownership details is their ipv4 rental business. Almost none has rdns setup, and apart from some colocrossing rdns most are very obvious spam websites/system rdns.

Above announcement has the checked IPs listed, once we blocked all those whole /24 subnets it ended. Almost all of those subnets point directly to Rapid Seedbox under an alias or another, but indeed a few subnets has directly their name. Once we pointed this out to them, they stopped all communication promptly with us.

UPDATE Did not take long after posting this information for rapid seedbox to respond. They claim they have found the customer behind this, waiting for more information.

UPDATE 2 Will take until tomorrow to find out more on who is behind this. In any case, the attack was very quickly mitigated, now it is all about finding out the culprit and going through the logs for precaution.

Tricky to narrow down, I presume. I'd assume there is a ton of "legitimate" traffic between all the various seedbox providers. If you're getting attacks on login pages and not on torrent ports to client destinations, then yea, that's easier to spot. But if the attacks are coming from more than a few different subnets, then its a lot harder for Rapid Seedbox to blame this on a single, rogue customer doing it without their knowledge. In the off chance it is, that sounds like they have enough paid resources that Rapid Seedbox might not just simply drop them as a customer...

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2020

A single bad egg takes away the utility of Shell access for the good customers.

edited May 2020

announcement just updated. http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=495

The attacks targeted billing login page, which is kinda typical URL but not exactly. Check the announcement latest update -- This definitively was from someone in the seedbox niche -- and draw your own conclusions from this.

TimboJones said: But if the attacks are coming from more than a few different subnets, then its a lot harder for Rapid Seedbox to blame this on a single, rogue customer doing it without their knowledge.

This. That is a huge number of different subnets, and it was multiple IPs per subnet. Certainly, they do broker IPv4 rentals as well tho, so perhaps someone is just renting dozens of subnets. But several subnets have Rapid Seedbox as the current holder as well ... Some are completely unrelated etc. The published list of individual addresses is manually verified IPs to be part of the attack. There is 5977 suspicious IPs but there is going to be some legitimate users so we cannot just dump all those IPs publicly - afterall there is legitimate reasons for getting your password wrong a couple times in row.

Sadly this stuff takes tons of time to analyse, there would be probably tons of more information to be gathered with further log and data analysis.

And that might be the true purpose of these attacks as of late, DOS the human resources. That being said, we did make new hiring yesterday. He starts work Thursday and will be working on backend stuff only initially.

These attacks always start when we have a lot of sales, especially sales from other providers. Yes, we know that atleast 1 or 2 moved from Rapid Seedbox as well to us in the past month