Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SYS/OVH] Deals April - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SYS/OVH] Deals April

2»

Comments

• DXDDXD Member

@ninzo59 are there any UK deals to look forward to ?

Looking to get a yearly box.

• @ninzo59 @OVH_APAC few questions with the new vps plans for APAC,
    1. Does BW count up and down with VPS? Or same with dedi, which is up only?
    2. Does it have free 1gbit private networking? Hence I can make use of it and not use up my BW?

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

hello @kennsann ,
    I will create an official thread to inform the LET community about these VPS in APAC but in the mean time:

1) the bandwitdth on these new VPS are either 250Mbps, 500Mbps, 1Gbps or 2Gbps depending the model. Regarding the data traffic, it is unmetered except in APAC (Singapore and Australia) and the quota of traffic given is for upload (public outgoing traffic from your VPS to Internet). Incoming is thus unmetered in all regions (so indeed the same applies for Dedicated Server hosted in Australia or Singapore)

2) VPS does not have private network (vRack), you will need to choose a dedicated server or alternatively choose a public cloud servers, see the list here with details on both the public and private network: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/public-cloud/prices/

Hope this helps

Thanked by 1kennsann
  • @OVH_APAC said:
    hello @kennsann ,
    I will create an official thread to inform the LET community about these VPS in APAC but in the mean time:

1) the bandwitdth on these new VPS are either 250Mbps, 500Mbps, 1Gbps or 2Gbps depending the model. Regarding the data traffic, it is unmetered except in APAC (Singapore and Australia) and the quota of traffic given is for upload (public outgoing traffic from your VPS to Internet). Incoming is thus unmetered in all regions (so indeed the same applies for Dedicated Server hosted in Australia or Singapore)

2) VPS does not have private network (vRack), you will need to choose a dedicated server or alternatively choose a public cloud servers, see the list here with details on both the public and private network: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/public-cloud/prices/

Hope this helps

Thanks. The Cloud stuff are too expensive compared to the VPS. I just wish there was a way for Private network on VPS especially for APAC. Anyway, thanks a lot for answering my questions. :smile:

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@kennsann said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    hello @kennsann ,

Hope this helps

Thanks. The Cloud stuff are too expensive compared to the VPS. I just wish there was a way for Private network on VPS especially for APAC. Anyway, thanks a lot for answering my questions. :smile:

We do have small cloud servers (as part of our Public cloud offer) starting at only $3.5 USD /month.. (You get 50% off when you pay by the month instead of the hourly price) and it does include private network on it. Overall public cloud is a much more flexible product and great to build small to large infrastructures. Also with Public Cloud servers (except sandboxes) you have guaranteed resources 100% of the time.