Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MVPS

There have been little to no other reviews of MVPS.net on here, I thought I'd drop in with my own experience regarding their service and what my experience has been for the last month of using them. I found them after looking for yet another affordable VPS and in this case, I found them to be one of the more affordable choices with datacenters available in Sweden.

They do use their own custom control panel that is fairly OK, which offers all the features most would ask for such as the ability to reinstall the VM, reset password and web console to name a few things.
As I have only used the service for about a month, I can't say about the longterm uptime or so, but for the past month that I have used them, there have been no outages at all.

My only concern is that they advertise gigabit speeds for the Swedish location, but yet all VM's are capped to 100mbit/s which is a bit of a bummer.

Benchmark:

root@debian:~# curl -sS https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jgillich/nixbench/master/nixbench.sh | sh
nixbench v0.6.6 - https://github.com/jgillich/nixbench

cpu

Sha256 (1x) : 274.68 MB/s
Gzip (1x) : 168.80 MB/s
AES (1x) : 1381.83 MB/s

Sha256 (1x) : 272.15 MB/s
Gzip (1x) : 168.13 MB/s
AES (1x) : 1387.48 MB/s

disk

1. run : 640 MB/s
  2. run : 902 MB/s
  3. run : 720 MB/s
  4. run : 829 MB/s
  5. run : 825 MB/s
    Average : 783 MB/s

geekbench

Single-Core Score : 3273
Multi-Core Score : 3036
Result URL : https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15160973

host

Platform : debian 10.1
CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
Cores : 1
Clock : 2499 Mhz
RAM : 1995 MB

net

CDN : 9.38 MB/s
Amsterdam, The Netherlands : 9.23 MB/s
Dallas, USA : 8.10 MB/s
Frankfurt, Germany : 9.19 MB/s
Hong Kong, China : 6.98 MB/s
London, United Kingdoms : 9.11 MB/s
Melbourne, Australia : 6.39 MB/s
Oslo, Norway : 8.99 MB/s
Paris, France : 9.16 MB/s
Queretaro Mexico : 7.85 MB/s
San Jose, USA : 7.82 MB/s
Sao Paulo, Brazil : 6.98 MB/s
Seoul, Korea : 6.12 MB/s
Singapore, Singapore : 7.45 MB/s
Tokyo, Japan : 4.84 MB/s
Toronto, Canada : 8.35 MB/s
Washington, USA : 8.47 MB/s

Comments

• Update:

2 months later and there have been no downtime thus far, performance is still great also:

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • "performance is still great also"

Is that what that indicates? My takeaway is that you're idling it and wouldn't actually know if performance was great or not. What are you doing with it?

• i am using them now for last 3 or 4 months with 4 vps, 4 locations, they are really good, even the network speed is good for me ^^ I hope if they can add more locations.

• @Prime404 said:
    Update:

2 months later and there have been no downtime thus far, performance is still great also:

Hi
    Can you tell me what monitoring software this is? Thank you

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited April 2020

@TimboJones said:
    "performance is still great also"

Is that what that indicates? My takeaway is that you're idling it and wouldn't actually know if performance was great or not. What are you doing with it?

I've been benchmarking their machines mostly a bunch of times over the past few months really, the performance has largely been unchanged.

Will see how it fares after a few more months when I actually start using it for something more productive.

• 4d4m4d4m Member

@kaka51 said:

@Prime404 said:
    Update:

Hi

Looks like Hetrixtools.com in dark mode.

• @4d4m said:

@kaka51 said:

@Prime404 said:
    Update:

Hi

Looks like Hetrixtools.com in dark mode.

Yes. I just registered there and can confirm it's definitely Hetrixtools.

• I'm an active customer of MVPS.net the service is extremely good, till now zero downtime. Support is very fast & extremely helpful & customer friendly. But like @Prime404 mentioned they say 1GBPS shared but I never got speed more than 70 MBPS (tested via speedtest-cli). But performance wise its perfect to run my wordpress blogs. For bloggers its a 100% best choice ;-)

• g3luxg3lux Member

Also just purchased a MVPS server.
    "Plan VPS One" started with Germany. But getting terrible performance, slow download. "wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test" wouldn't even start.
    Right away talked with them, asked for different location. They refunded, and they recommended Netherlands. Went ahead purchased on Netherlands.
    Much better performance. Nice CPU and I/O speed.
    using nench.sh

iops really impressive (better than vpsserver, hetzner)

But as said above limited to 100mbps guaranteed (1GBPS backbone), and that gets verified with speedtests.

All in all very good hosting for the price. Snappy vps, and support is great, friendly.
    ToS, (allowed/not allowed) explicit.
    No extra costs, if over 3TB bandwidth, just reduces to 1mbps connection.

For wordpress, static websites, or even somewhat advanced sites. One of the best choices.

• they will look for excuse for ban your account i lost 187 euro after a week
    they ban may account saying you have virus in first they tell me reinstall your
    service then they change their mind and ban me no one trust them they not professinal

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited June 2020

@ziedroot said:
    they will look for excuse for ban your account i lost 187 euro after a week
    they ban may account saying you have virus in first they tell me reinstall your
    service then they change their mind and ban me no one trust them they not professinal

Seems like a pretty bold claim to make without backing it up with evidence, please screenshot the conversation you've had with them to prove your case.

Edit: Checked trustpilot, it seems you were banned for hosting a botnet controller:

Edit nr2: Just googling your username brings up hacking and carding forums

Thanked by 3lokuzard Ouji donko
  • MVPS is one of the best hosting providers out there. Pls. don't spread false news about them. I'm 100% sure unless you have done something illegal they won't take strict action. I personally inform them everything before hand on what I'm gonna host, that i believe may be against their TOS. They had always replied back quickly with do's & don'ts. No issues so far & I'm still maintaining a very healthy relation with them & expecting to use their service in future as well. They are the best.... <3

Dear members, pls. don't encourage such outrages without backed by valid proofs. Everything we comment goes public. Our personally motivated comments can hurt someone's good business. Think twice :|

• Mar1oMar1o Member
    edited March 2021

I have the "Ultra VPS" package in the Netherlands and have been using it for the past 2 months. I'm quite impressed with the performance and the uptime. It's better than some dedicated servers I've had.

Benchmark:

[root@vps ~]# curl -sS https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jgillich/nixbench/master/nixbench.sh | sh
    nixbench v0.6.6 - https://github.com/jgillich/nixbench

cpu

Sha256 (1x) : 307.72 MB/s
    Gzip (1x) : 190.52 MB/s
    AES (1x) : 1719.49 MB/s

Sha256 (8x) : 2633.71 MB/s
    Gzip (8x) : 1612.68 MB/s
    AES (8x) : 7774.54 MB/s

disk

1. run : 701 MB/s
    2. run : 1163 MB/s
    3. run : 1208 MB/s