Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't understand Hetzner's risk control standards
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I don't understand Hetzner's risk control standards

I registered a account,and the system show i must provide my credential information,and i upload my id scan.
About one minutes later,i receive the email,my account have been deactivated.
I am a chinese,but now i living in vietnam.so my register information is my vietnam information,and my id scan is my chinese certificate.
i don't understand what's wrong with me.

Comments

• Talk with them, not LET. I don't care.

• Because you've provided ID that doesn't match the information you've provided. You'll have to provide ID that matches the information you're providing.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Go elsewhere. '

At the end of the day it's their choice not to accept you, that is their right. Nothing you can do about that. You can't force them to offer you service.

Any company operating on lean(ish) margins is going to have to make decisions as to what parameters to use for assessing risk. You might be a great customer, but how do they know that? At the end of the day they will make a decision, and as long as they have not taken your money and refused service what should it matter to you? There are plenty of fish in that pond.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @WSCallum said:
    Because you've provided ID that doesn't match the information you've provided. You'll have to provide ID that matches the information you're providing.

There is no place to fill in the credential information when i registering account, how do they judge inconsistency?

• @SplitIce said:
    Go elsewhere. '

At the end of the day it's their choice not to accept you, that is their right. Nothing you can do about that. You can't force them to offer you service.

Any company operating on lean(ish) margins is going to have to make decisions as to what parameters to use for assessing risk. You might be a great customer, but how do they know that? At the end of the day they will make a decision, and as long as they have not taken your money and refused service what should it matter to you? There are plenty of fish in that pond.

I uploaded my id scan. They can refuse to provide services to me, but they must delete my information.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@klarns said:

@WSCallum said:
    Because you've provided ID that doesn't match the information you've provided. You'll have to provide ID that matches the information you're providing.

There is no place to fill in the credential information when i registering account, how do they judge inconsistency?

As @WSCallum said you have to register account with your real and present details and the provided ID must match with the account details.

So now it's your choice. Either follow the rules or search for another provider

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@klarns They are German, I'm sure they will and you can ask them to confirm as much. GDPR is well enforced there.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@klarns said:

@SplitIce said:
    Go elsewhere. '

I uploaded my id scan. They can refuse to provide services to me, but they must delete my information.

Contact them directly via email or phone. As mentioned, this really isn't a topic that we can provide much insight to apart from Hetzner themselves.

• @ViridWeb said:

@klarns said:

@WSCallum said:

As @WSCallum said you have to register account with your real and present details and the provided ID must match with the account details.

So now it's your choice. Either follow the rules or search for another provider

All my information is real.I living in vietnam now.
    i think my register information is my living information,different with my nationality information.I am also a foreigner in Vietnam.

• What's going on lately with everyone thinking hetzner is obligated to take on customers with identification issues or histories of abuse?

Thanked by 2WSCallum Hazelcl
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@klarns said:

Hetzner only accept ID in English or German. This is probably the issue.

• donkodonko Member

@jackb said:

@klarns said:

Really? @Hetzner_OL

• @jackb said:

@klarns said:

I uploaded mine in Spanish, but I guess I was automatically accepted as Spain is part of Europe and not a risk country.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@donko said:

@jackb said:

@klarns said:

Really? @Hetzner_OL

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3094959/#Comment_3094959

Thanked by 2donko Hetzner_OL
  • sweatbarsweatbar Member
    edited April 2020

No one does call them instead

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

WSCallum said: Because you've provided ID that doesn't match the information you've provided. You'll have to provide ID that matches the information you're providing.

This would definitely make your account information look suspicious. You can try to explain the situation to our team at [email protected]. However, there is good chance that they will still not accept the account unless you can provide some additional documentation. Even then, they still might not accept the account. --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:

WSCallum said: Because you've provided ID that doesn't match the information you've provided. You'll have to provide ID that matches the information you're providing.

This would definitely make your account information look suspicious. You can try to explain the situation to our team at [email protected]. However, there is good chance that they will still not accept the account unless you can provide some additional documentation. Even then, they still might not accept the account. --Katie

If i input chinese information and provide my chinese passport,but now i'm in vietnam,so my ip still suspicious.
    I don't know if this is acceptable。

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Try to write an explanation as best as you can.
    As an American who lives in Germany, I often need to provide additional information like this when I make online orders with other companies. And sometimes, my accounts are still not accepted.
    --Katie

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@klarns said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

If i input chinese information and provide my chinese passport,but now i'm in vietnam,so my ip still suspicious.

The problem isn't that you're a Chinese national living in Vietnam. (Many people reside in a country in which they're a resident but not a citizen.)

For Hetzner, you're living in Vietnam, no matter what your nationality, so any name + address ID that you show to them should indicate your address in Vietnam, not your address in China. If you're living in Vietnam but your ID indicates that your address is in China, forget it: it won't succeed.

• @angstrom said:

@klarns said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

The problem isn't that you're a Chinese national living in Vietnam. (Many people reside in a country in which they're a resident but not a citizen.)

For Hetzner, you're living in Vietnam, no matter what your nationality, so any name + address ID that you show to them should indicate your address in Vietnam, not your address in China. If you're living in Vietnam but your ID indicates that your address is in China, forget it: it won't succeed.

Yes,i don't have vietnam credential.So i can't show my vietnam address in any credential.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@klarns said:

@angstrom said:

@klarns said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Yes,i don't have vietnam credential.So i can't show my vietnam address in any credential.

In this case, it will be difficult, I'm afraid.

Thanked by 2webcraft Hetzner_OL
  • @angstrom said:

@klarns said:

@angstrom said:

@klarns said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

In this case, it will be difficult, I'm afraid.

The only material that can prove my address information in Vietnam is my company business card

• I don't understand TOO

• Very easy, find someone else? This is a site full of providers, a good number who will take your money.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @king8654 said:
    Very easy, find someone else? This is a site full of providers, a good number who will take your money.

Yes!