Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't trust the free VPS providers except some few really big ones - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't trust the free VPS providers except some few really big ones

2»

Comments

• @Lee said:
    Any free service is a scam, bastards.

view your sign XD

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @mrTom said:
    My free evolution-host.com VPS, that I got from their promotion here in exchange for a link, works just fine, no problems and excellent performance for some months now.

This is my experience also, it's been virtually flawless. Never had any issues, and I never caused any issues more importantly lol

• ralphralph Member

free VPS
    scammers

Sorry but it doesn't seem you understand what you are talking about so I didn't read anything after your first sentence, the terminology you are using is completely irrelevant.

• @deank said:
    Remember kids, "free" means you are paying in something else other than currency.

You're paying with your insanity

• Why on Earth would anyone bother with a free VPS when you can get them for < $10/yr

Or if really desparate, <$3/yr without IPv4

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • niuwoniuwo Member

euserv is good. It work fine for me a long time

• My experience with evolution-host.com was/ is nice and flawless. In exchange for a VPS I placed their link in my forum profile on another forum. Since that day my VPS is running smooth all the time. Nothing negative to say at all! :)

Proof:
    https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/888C911023347F50CBE25738C893E357C2C92BA2

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

OR Just make your own VPN

• emgemg Veteran

I tried a free VPS a few years ago, from Host1Free (Host1Plus). It took way too much effort to get, keep, and maintain. I remember a long waiting list until my request was accepted, and connecting to the new VPS was a challenge. Performance was so bad the VPS wasn't useable, not even as a way to learn VPS configuration and management. "Bad" does not begin to describe the experience.

Soon after I got my free VPS, Host1Plus got hacked, and all their VPSs (paid and free) were destroyed by the attacker. There were no backups. Paid VPSs were down for weeks, There was no easy way to get your freeVPS back. The replacement process involved going through more hoops than it was worth for me. I will never trust Host1Plus for anything after that experience.

No free VPS is worth the effort and sacrifice. Not even as a learning aid. Don't waste your time. Find a decent cheap VPS and scrounge up the money for it.

If you are a poor student, you should be able to get a free VPS from a quality commercial provider based on your student status. Ask your computer science professor to help you. One of my children got one from Digital Ocean for a year while they were a college student.

• i'm the owner of one hosting and we will give a free trial VPS server for like 4 days but we never give 1 month free.

Giving 1 month need a lot of money and don't give any earn!

• MarkLuunMarkLuun Member
    edited April 2020

I > @emg said:

I tried a free VPS a few years ago, from Host1Free (Host1Plus). It took way too much effort to get, keep, and maintain. I remember a long waiting list until my request was accepted, and connecting to the new VPS was a challenge. Performance was so bad the VPS wasn't useable, not even as a way to learn VPS configuration and management. "Bad" does not begin to describe the experience.

Soon after I got my free VPS, Host1Plus got hacked, and all their VPSs (paid and free) were destroyed by the attacker. There were no backups. Paid VPSs were down for weeks, There was no easy way to get your freeVPS back. The replacement process involved going through more hoops than it was worth for me. I will never trust Host1Plus for anything after that experience.

No free VPS is worth the effort and sacrifice. Not even as a learning aid. Don't waste your time. Find a decent cheap VPS and scrounge up the money for it.

If you are a poor student, you should be able to get a free VPS from a quality commercial provider based on your student status. Ask your computer science professor to help you. One of my children got one from Digital Ocean for a year while they were a college student.

https://ipax.at also gives away free V10 virtual servers to students. A proof, like a university document, is required.
    Their V10 servers are really nice, btw.! :)

• EmmEmm Member

Maybe Oracle is a good choice

• lmsylmsy Member

@MarkLuun said:
    https://ipax.at also gives away free V10 virtual servers to students. A proof, like a university document, is required.
    Their V10 servers are really nice, btw.! :)

The student program is currently suspended due to the COVID-19 crisis for new registrations in order to conserve technical and especially human resources.

• Free is the most expensive

• @vncoupon said:

@thedp said:

Start offering NAT VPSs for free then :)

Good idea! :)

@vncoupon said:

@thedp said:

Start offering NAT VPSs for free then :)

Good idea! :)

VPS with IPV6 is also welcome ;)