Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TinyKVM - part 4 - 27 months later
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TinyKVM - part 4 - 27 months later

lwtlwt Member

Nothing new, really.

No downtime (except caused by me but won't blame them for those).

Love their noVNC console access BTW, saved my ass once.

Overall <3

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

My main wish for TinyKVM would be a small update, say, 512 MB RAM and a 10 GB SSD for $18 :smile:

Thanked by 3RedSox uptime abjr
  • I'm sincerely glad you're happy with it.

• lwtlwt Member

@angstrom said:
    My main wish for TinyKVM would be a small update, say, 512 MB RAM and a 10 GB SSD for $18 :smile:

They do upgrades. I currently pay 5$ more for an upgrade to 512MB RAM.

I don't think the 7GB I get is SSD, though.

However, I am not really after rock bottom prices. I want reliability and they deliver - so far.

• lwtlwt Member

BTW I use it as a personal & private clone of spamgourmet.com

• Solid service so far. There was a time though when my VM was up but could not get my wireguard to work. (Debian 10) Gave it some time and working well again now without doing anything.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2020

@lwt said:

@angstrom said:

However, I am not really after rock bottom prices. I want reliability and they deliver - so far.

I was merely expressing a personal wish that they update very modestly the specs of the TinyKVM product because in my view, 256 MB RAM + 7 GB HDD (w/ SSD caching) is no longer competitive

This said, I used TinyKVM for a couple of years, so I completely agree about the quality of the product

• dracodraco Member

Here to second the quality of TinyKVM. Very good indeed. And the response time when you need support is amazing.

• dracodraco Member

@lwt said:

@angstrom said:

$20 annually for 512MB RAM?

• lwtlwt Member

Yes. Not going to bankrupt me, you know?

• It seems they charge $15.99/m for 1 GB RAM VPS under their another brand Ramhost. I'm genuinely curious about who are their targeted customers.

• GromGrom Member

@Kiwi83 said:
    It seems they charge $15.99/m for 1 GB RAM VPS under their another brand Ramhost. I'm genuinely curious about who are their targeted customers.

They've been around forever, they're an excellent and trustworthy host.

Both prgmr and ramhost are "no bullshit" & "we don't assume you're stupid" hosts.

• @Grom said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    It seems they charge $15.99/m for 1 GB RAM VPS under their another brand Ramhost. I'm genuinely curious about who are their targeted customers.

They've been around forever, they're an excellent and trustworthy host.

Both prgmr and ramhost are "no bullshit" & "we don't assume you're stupid" hosts.

But 1 GB RAM VPS for $15.99/m? Sounds more like paying just for a sense of nostalgia to me.