Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Renting 8 vCPU 32GB RAM VPS 50% off
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Renting 8 vCPU 32GB RAM VPS 50% off

Hi,

So this week I ended up getting a 8 vCPU 32GB RAM VPS at SSDNode.

The problem is that I will no longer be using it and they only do refunds in account credits.

So instead of having a VPS gathering dust, I was hoping someone else could use it.

The VPS costs 199$ per year, so I'm willing to rent it to anyone for half the price (99$). At least that way I don't waste all my money.

If anyone is interested please reply or message me.

Thanks

Comments

• AstroAstro Member

I have a feeling thats against the TOS. Not sure though

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited April 2020
    1. First post
    2. Trying to dump something 50% off that is less than a week old
    3. Wants to "rent it to someone". Implies he will have control of the account

this won't end well.

• pikepike Veteran

@Unbelievable said:
    2. Trying to dump something 50% off that is less than a week old

Isn't illegal. Also it's better to have low estimations as to look for a 1:1 exchange.

@Unbelievable said:
    3. Wants to "rent it to someone". Implies he will have control of the account

This is not allowed because he isn't registered provider.

Looking at their TOS I see you can transfer credits to another account, so your best bet to avoid issues is trying to find someone willing to take them at a reasonable price using non-refundable payment option like crypto.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Simply Unbelievable.

• Hi @Unbelievable,

I totally understand you. And it really seems like a strange situation.

1. This is the first time I wrote a post. But I have been a daily anonymous reader for the last few months.
    2. Do you mean my VPS is less than a week old? I don't understand, sorry
    3. I'll be giving full root access. And I'm also willing to do monthly payments, if that helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Btw, if there are any ideas on how could I use the VPS without loosing my money, I'm all ears :)

@alxhotel said:
    1. This is the first time I wrote a post. But I have been a daily anonymous reader for the last few months.

I hope you realize that this is an extra red flag for many of us here.

• Hi @pike,

Thanks for the idea!

If that's correct, then I'm willing to transfer my account credits :)

Thanked by 1pike
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2020

@alxhotel

As @pike said above, you don't have a provider tag, so you're not allowed to advertise renting anything to anyone here

You could suggest transferring the VPS to someone for a given price, assuming that the provider allows VPSes to be transferred (some providers allow this for a transfer fee), but you would need to check with the provider first

Thanked by 2pike Pwner
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2020

@alxhotel you should definitely verify with the provider, as in their TOS they only mention "SLA Credits" which basically means credits you get because they couldn't keep their promised uptime.

Wether you can/want to transfer the VPS or the credits, you should edit the first post and maybe ask staff to change the title so people using ssdnode notice this thread.

• @pike true, I've messaged the provider. As soon as I get an answer, I will update the post.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

If you had VPS for one week, surely you be able to cancel under 14 days, as clearly they do have 14 days money back guarantee:
    https://www.ssdnodes.com/manage/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1
    “We stand behind our new users with a 14-day money back guarantee.”

• @WebProject I already tried that. And their answer is:

"We offer the 14 days refund guarantee for the first server so clients can test our infrastructure. After that, we do not offer any refund, but we do offer the account credit that you can use to pay for any future invoices with us.

Please refer to the section "Pricing/Billing FAQ" in the below URL and you can see the refund policy when you click on the text "Do you offer refunds?"

https://www.ssdnodes.com/pricing/"

edited April 2020

Very well.

When in a ditch, sue. Works always.

• stephfd21stephfd21 Member
    edited April 2020

@alxhotel said:
    @WebProject I already tried that. And their answer is:

"We offer the 14 days refund guarantee for the first server so clients can test our infrastructure. After that, we do not offer any refund, but we do offer the account credit that you can use to pay for any future invoices with us.

Please refer to the section "Pricing/Billing FAQ" in the below URL and you can see the refund policy when you click on the text "Do you offer refunds?"

https://www.ssdnodes.com/pricing/"

Hmmmm, what price would you rent it at monthly?