Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• ofitofit Member

@qmesso said:

ofit said: If I understood correctly, then via FTP you can upload to the server, but not download from the server. What are you guys using it for?

you can use as a backup with the rclone, this is a good solution for me

you can upload to server but how you download from server if some bad things happened?

• ofitofit Member
    edited April 2020

@ofit said:

@qmesso said:

ofit said: If I understood correctly, then via FTP you can upload to the server, but not download from the server. What are you guys using it for?

you can upload to server but how you download from server if some bad things happened?

Understood, you mean API not FTP. Premium subscription is required to use the API.

• @ofit said:

@Ympker said:

@littlemodesty said:
    Can it be used as a external storage for Nextcloud via FTP? I see a download limit(only can be download after 5minutes after upload) on their FTP page but since I am not a paid user, I do not know the limit is applied to only HTTP download or FTP download.

You can use FTP only for remote uupload. Not for download. It is not like a normal FTP server.

You can use FTP to upload, not to download though.

If I understood correctly, then via FTP you can upload to the server, but not download from the server. What are you guys using it for?

To back from UpdraftPlus WordPress plugin to 1Fichier or from Jetbackup to 1Fichier :)

• @ofit said:

@qmesso said:

You can upload using FTP, but then you download using HTTPS and a link like https://1fichier.com/?asdfghjlk. You can set each file to be inline, that is, a direct link.

With rclone, sending stuff to it works pretty well.

Now, personal advice: excellent service for g'zipped backups or sharing files with friends, but encrypt everything you send there.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Is the 15/yr price recurring?

• sonicsonic Veteran

@klikli said:
    Is the 15/yr price recurring?

No.

• @klikli said:
    Is the 15/yr price recurring?

No. Specials with discounted prices happen ever so often per year, though.

• dosaidosai Member

@dedipromo said:

@plumberg said:
    Anyone used transferwise to transfer money for 1fichier?

I just submitted a transfer using transferwise; hope it goes through without problems.

Any luck?

• @dosai said:

@dedipromo said:

@plumberg said:

I just submitted a transfer using transferwise; hope it goes through without problems.

Any luck?

Ah, I forgot to update here; I received the voucher 2 days after the transfer, so it definitely worked.

Thanked by 3uptime Ympker dosai
  • @dedipromo said:

@dosai said:

@dedipromo said:

@plumberg said:

Any luck?

Ah, I forgot to update here; I received the voucher 2 days after the transfer, so it definitely worked.

Just wanted to add... mine too got added. Seamless - through Transfer wise. Ended up with approx $2 in fees for all transfers and conversions.

Thanked by 3uptime Ympker dosai
  • Do they ever do €5/yr access any more, or is it always €10?

• It isn't exactly unlimited, though. They use the terminology cold and hot storage to determine how much you can store.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    Do they ever do €5/yr access any more, or is it always €10?

The lowest price I've ever seen is 10.
    5 is too unrealistic.

• EmmEmm Member

@qmesso said:

I think so.

However, rclone encountered a problem(some files):

[HTTP error 403 (403 Forbidden) returned body: "{\"status\":\"KO\",\"message\":\"Flood detected: IP Locked #374\"}"]

I tried to limit the speed and concurrent connections, but to no avail.

Two of my friends have the same problem.

• edited April 2020

What are the typical upload and download speed within EU?
    What are the typical upload and download speed within US?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2020

@greattomeetyou said:
    What are the typical upload and download speed within EU?
    What are the typical upload and download speed within US?

Good enough so that many LET users use it. Don't expect diamonds. You are paying 15€/year. It's good enough. They operate their own network and POP is in France iirc. Speedtest: https://1fichier.com/network.html

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited April 2020

Location seems to be Amsterdam

Host��������������������������������������������������������� Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. 5.2.71.����������������������������������������������������0.0%    13   17.2  11.0   0.5  78.6  22.6
     2. 5.178.66.26�������������������������������������������������0.0%    13    0.5   4.2   0.5  19.6   7.0
     3. 178.21.17.18������������������������������������������������0.0%    13    8.4   2.2   1.2   8.4   1.9
     4. 185.8.179.33������������������������������������������������0.0%    13    1.6   2.2   1.2   8.9   2.0
     5. ams-ix.dstorage.fr������������������������������������������0.0%    13    3.7   3.1   2.9   3.7   0.0
     6. speedtest.1fichier.com

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @debaser said:
    Location seems to be Amsterdam

Host��������������������������������������������������������� Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. 5.2.71.����������������������������������������������������0.0%    13   17.2  11.0   0.5  78.6  22.6
     2. 5.178.66.26�������������������������������������������������0.0%    13    0.5   4.2   0.5  19.6   7.0
     3. 178.21.17.18������������������������������������������������0.0%    13    8.4   2.2   1.2   8.4   1.9
     4. 185.8.179.33������������������������������������������������0.0%    13    1.6   2.2   1.2   8.9   2.0
     5. ams-ix.dstorage.fr������������������������������������������0.0%    13    3.7   3.1   2.9   3.7   0.0
     6. speedtest.1fichier.com

Iirc someone mentioned this a while ago but it wasn't a "real" POP or smth.. i dont remember haha

• It’s a bit deceptive if they point their speedtest server to this then.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Emm said:

@qmesso said:

I think so.

[HTTP error 403 (403 Forbidden) returned body: "{\"status\":\"KO\",\"message\":\"Flood detected: IP Locked #374\"}"]

1fichier is rate-limiting harder than before and not telling anyone about it ;-) rclone beta has the fix but it is getting slower because of built-in sleep times.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited October 2020

@sgheghele said:

@Emm said:

@qmesso said:

I think so.

1fichier is rate-limiting harder than before and not telling anyone about it ;-) rclone beta has the fix but it is getting slower because of built-in sleep times.

Because this is not classic file storage. It's a little bit different service.
    Their key audience it's a people who shares files only, not a people who store only their data. And people who need these files and such type of files many with high speeds.

Business model as for me pretty transparent and legit. It is explains why they (1fichier) have so many limitations and restrictions everywhere. At least not scam, because 1fichier for many years in the market, and I don't see anything that sounds or acted as a crazy thing from their side.

But this service impossible to use for daily usage like google drive, mega, koofr, onedrive, pcloud, etc... And that's a problem.

Even for sharing files to clients you can't too, too many restrictions which will force an end user to purchase a subsription for a file for downloading it on maximum speed. Smart, wise and transparent business model. But their target audience is a people who're storing something (for sharing) from 1fichier (games, warez, big video archives, etc) for people who want that at any cost, so they will for sure purchase an account for unlocking speeds, and problems for downloading important for a visitor of 1fichier download link.

I was surprised that rclone implementation was there, but after trying it, i did not found rclone work properly with their API, too much restrictions and problems.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2020

@desperand said:

@sgheghele said:

@Emm said:

@qmesso said:

I think so.

Because this is not classic file storage. It's a little bit different service.
    Their key audience it's a people who shares files only, not a people who store only their data. And people who need these files and such type of files many with high speeds.

Business model as for me pretty transparent and legit. It is explains why they (1fichier) have so many limitations and restrictions everywhere. At least not scam, because 1fichier for many years in the market, and I don't see anything that sounds or acted as a crazy thing from their side.

But this service impossible to use for daily usage like google drive, mega, koofr, onedrive, pcloud, etc... And that's a problem.

Even for sharing files to clients you can't too, too many restrictions which will force an end user to purchase a subsription for a file for downloading it on maximum speed. Smart, wise and transparent business model. But their target audience is a people who're storing something (for sharing) from 1fichier (games, warez, big video archives, etc) for people who want that at any cost, so they will for sure purchase an account for unlocking speeds, and problems for downloading important for a visitor of 1fichier download link.

I was surprised that rclone implementation was there, but after trying it, i did not found rclone work properly with their API, too much restrictions and problems.

You can setup @nulldev script to have your clients download files at full speed (premium) withouth signing in.

https://gist.github.com/null-dev/59d219649670d81b65348c7abf4dd13b

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited October 2020

Their network is pretty good (In my case), I was gonna snatch a plan but I can't pay through my mobile plan. Not sure why they don't have more payment options.

A friend let me borrow his to store quite large files (20tb and 30tb zipped files) and I was able to download them without any issues at a capped 27MB/s, very impressive considering I live in Canada, and they are in France.

Got similar if not better than US-based providers such as Dropbox.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Wow, this thread is still alive after all of this time. :)

I used to use 1Fichier for tar files (backups), but I now have a storage VPS for this purpose. Naturally, a storage VPS isn't as cheap, but I don't need TBs of storage, and I can set up the VPS as I want.

This said, it's nice to see that 1Fichier is still around and appears to be doing well. :)

Thanked by 2BBTN Ympker
  • @angstrom said:
    Wow, this thread is still alive after all of this time. :)

I used to use 1Fichier for tar files (backups), but I now have a storage VPS for this purpose. Naturally, a storage VPS isn't as cheap, but I don't need TBs of storage, and I can set up the VPS as I want.

This said, it's nice to see that 1Fichier is still around and appears to be doing well. :)

Your Premium offer subscription is valid until 2021-12-27

I do not even remember when I subscribed...still working here but I won’t renew it. It’s very cheap and performant for full backups, but a drag to handle (removing files in particular).

Thanked by 2angstrom Ympker
  • gksgks Member

What other cheap storage options available for the long term, I see Microsoft business essential with team viewer, email and we get 1 TB storage drive, for roughly 2 USD per month [For Indian location INR 125 + 18% TAX].

• @gks said:
    What other cheap storage options available for the long term, I see Microsoft business essential with team viewer, email and we get 1 TB storage drive, for roughly 2 USD per month [For Indian location INR 125 + 18% TAX].

This looks good. Any link to this product service page?

• @angstrom said:
    Wow, this thread is still alive after all of this time. :)

No active subscription atm but am already considering to get one again for some wp ftp backups/jetbackup remote.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • gksgks Member

@plumberg said:

@gks said:

This looks good. Any link to this product service page?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/business/microsoft-365-business-basic?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Last 4 months, I am using free, they offered for 6 months free offer due to covid. I think, there is a year commitment.

• If anyone's interested, name.com provides single unlimited google gsuite accounts on domains for 8 USD per month. That's cheap and google has mirrors everywhere.

Thanked by 1that_guy