Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fiberhub are they good ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fiberhub are they good ?

I am looking for colo and I am thinking of using them

Hi, have anyone tried fiberhub before ?

If you have can let us know both the good and the bad?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

They're awesome.

Francisco

Thanked by 1nodesec
  • @Francisco I was about to pm you but thought will post instead.

Thank you for your reply.

• fiberhub good

Thanked by 1nodesec
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Yes, excellent service at FiberHub.

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1nodesec
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

I think @Francisco is a tad bit biased. :)
    Keep up the hard work!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Can't comment on the service or network but the facility is very average. Perhaps below average.

@jbiloh said:
    Can't comment on the service or network but the facility is very average. Perhaps below average.

Robs still trying to get footlocker to move in next door but they're being stubborn.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MannDude

They don't keep someone there 24hrs?
    In case stuff goes belly up?

• Rob_TRob_T Member, Host Rep

Very Average or Perhaps below average? I don't think you've ever seen my facility Jon, and if you have, you certainly haven't seen it in the past few years. Not to blow my own horn, but it's pretty well-built (and over 80% occupied).

I'll happily compare uptime / outage data with you. Say when.

@jbiloh said:

edited April 2020

@AlienData_Josh said:
    They don't keep someone there 24hrs?
    In case stuff goes belly up?

They have staff to do remote hands. I've been a thorn in everyone's ass with node fixes at 2am more than once.

They're good people. They're easy to work with and dont break my balls when our cage and the surrounding area are messy. They help me when needed and I'll gladly have a meal and drinks with.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Rob_T said:
    Very Average or Perhaps below average? I don't think you've ever seen my facility Jon, and if you have, you certainly haven't seen it in the past few years. Not to blow my own horn, but it's pretty well-built (and over 80% occupied).

I'll happily compare uptime / outage data with you. Say when.

@jbiloh said:

Hi Rob,

You gave me a tour a few years back. Unless you've moved facilities since then, I've been to your shop.

• @Francisco said:

@jbiloh said:

Robs still trying to get footlocker to move in next door but they're being stubborn.

Francisco

Is he trying to get the super shoe salesman?...Ooops thats Kohls, but I digress...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@jbiloh said:

Francisco

Nike would bring some clients.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @MikeA As spike lee says... its gotta be the shooooes!

• BloomVPSBloomVPS Member, Patron Provider

I know this thread is old, but we are vacating Fiberhub Dallas soon and wanted to share our experience in that location.

We have been with them as a colocation customer for about a year. For the first several months things were fine - there were some hiccups here and there but things were generally solved in a timely manner.

However, our experience has taken an entire 180 during June and July. During this time, there were frequent (in many cases several times per day) network disruptions due to BGP session flapping and/or capacity issues (I have gotten multiple reasons).

While they did fix the issue of the network going down frequently, for over a month we had experienced poor single-stream download speeds. We used to get 500-800+ Mbps data transfer rates between Fiberhub Dallas and our other locations, but since the "fix" we were lucky to get more than 70-100 Mbps. According to Billy Cooter, VP of Sales at Fiberhub, this is an acceptable rate on a 10Gbps link.

To make things worse, their network engineer, Rob Tyree, has a habit of not responding to tickets. As of this writing, I currently have a ticket open with Rob to troubleshoot the poor download speeds that has not had a response in OVER ONE MONTH. I have e-mailed Billy Cooter several times asking him to help us get a response from Rob, and there has been nothing.

The customer support has been absolutely abysmal and I can no longer put any faith or recommendations into using them for any hosting service. In my conversations with others in the hosting industry, we are not the only ones to be on the receiving end of awful network quality/customer service and it has not been specific to Dallas.

Thanked by 2JasonM nodesec

@BloomVPS Have you already found another location?
    We are located down in Spring, Texas (Just north of Houston).
    We have multiple providers at our facility and can use them or us for your uplinks.
    ~Josh

• BloomVPSBloomVPS Member, Patron Provider

@DataIdeas-Josh Yes we have found a new provider in Plano. Same company we use in Ashburn with no complaints.

@BloomVPS said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh Yes we have found a new provider in Plano. Same company we use in Ashburn with no complaints.

Ah, okay.
    Well if need any help please feel free to shoot us a message. We will be glad to help you out.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hope to works better for you in your new home!

If you need transit in Dallas, so long as you can get a link to Equinix/Infomart campus we can help with top notch Corero protected IP transit.