Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The so-called 7 * 24 hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The so-called 7 * 24 hours

I want to contact the sales staff on Dreamhost, but I haven't been able to contact them. Is it because of COVID-19? But there is no official announcement, I think I should change a service provider

xXiyJdK

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2020

It can be that sales team is off on Easter Monday as it is a public holiday? Have you tried to call or email or other days? Not just on public holiday?

• CyrilCyril Member

@WebProject said:
    It can be that sales team is off on Easter Monday as it is a public holiday?

Easter is yesterday, are all the staff on holiday?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2020

@Cyril said:

@WebProject said:

Easter Sunday was yesterday, in UK also is Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday is bank holiday, so three days in row are public holidays, majority of companies are closed, so my recommendation is to try tomorrow.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Cyril said: I want to contact the sales staff on Dreamhost, but I haven't been able to contact them. Is it because of COVID-19? But there is no official announcement, I think I should change a service provider

Congrats on your second discussion

Yes, I also think you should change a service provider

• CyrilCyril Member

@WebProject said:

@Cyril said:

@WebProject said:

Easter Sunday was yesterday, in UK also is Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday is bank holiday, so three days in row are public holidays, majority of companies are closed, so my recommendation is to try tomorrow.

Thank you, because I do n’t know about public holidays at Easter

• 4d4m4d4m Member

I'm not sure why they're not responding, maybe they're just busy or understaffed, but Dreamhost is a US based company and the Monday after Easter is not a federal/public holiday in the US.

• CyrilCyril Member

@4d4m said:
    I'm not sure why they're not responding, maybe they're just busy or understaffed, but Dreamhost is a US based company and the Monday after Easter is not a federal/public holiday in the US.

I don't know why there are no customer service staff, I'm sure I contacted them in Los Angeles time. I ’m not an American either. I do n’t know if Monday after Easter is a holiday. I think it ’s because of COVID-19.

• Just because they are in California doesnt mean their sales staff is in california or works 24x7. They could be in a country that had monday off, they could be busy, they could be home because of covid, they could be travelling back from easter with family, they could be hungover and not care. They could be in a monday morning staff meeting. You would be stunned at the number of LET companies that are registered in the US - but noone is physically in the US. Although Dreamhost is much much bigger, just because the time and the address say calif- doesnt mean its really calif.