Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zayo ip transit global account manager!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zayo ip transit global account manager!

ssdvssdv Member

Trying to get hold of some global account manager at zayo but no luck. Does anyone know global account manager who can quote for North America and EU?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Good luck. They aren't very responsive. It took over 6 months to get a quote.

• ssdvssdv Member

@qps said:
    Good luck. They aren't very responsive. It took over 6 months to get a quote.

lol Thanks for letting us know :smiley:

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

To be honest Zayo's sales team is the worst I've ever dealt with.

Are you really sure you want to work with Zayo? So many better alternatives that are eager to win business.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

qps said: Good luck. They aren't very responsive. It took over 6 months to get a quote.

LOL! That's quite unresponsive. The opposite of cogent, who gives you quote even after telling them Go fsck themselves more than dozen times.

jbiloh said: Are you really sure you want to work with Zayo? So many better alternatives that are eager to win business.

But is the price and quality good?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

I had no issues getting ahold of them. Although I felt like their prices were a tad steep.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

I wouldn’t recommend doing any IP Transit deals with Zayo. Striking lack of professionalism, quality and respect to their Customers.

@Jack said:
    @Clouvider How about for waves or other services, is it literally just IP Transit side of the business or in general?

Didn’t had an issue with anything else. We use them for dark fibre in a few locations and they are great, but IP transit - damn. Never again.

edited April 2020

@PulsedMedia said:

qps said: Good luck. They aren't very responsive. It took over 6 months to get a quote.

LOL! That's quite unresponsive. The opposite of cogent, who gives you quote even after telling them Go fsck themselves more than dozen times.

jbiloh said: Are you really sure you want to work with Zayo? So many better alternatives that are eager to win business.

But is the price and quality good?

Gtt and telia both have a better network. I'd be happy to introduce you to someone at gtt if you like. And both are cheaper.

• ssdvssdv Member

Some facilities don't have much option in US and Canada and we need it for backup.
    @jiloh will get in touch.
    Thanks

@ssdv said:
    Some facilities don't have much option in US and Canada and we need it for backup.
    Thanks

Depending on your traffic it may be useless even for backup, I would not recommend it.

• ssdvssdv Member

@Clouvider said:

@ssdv said:
    Thanks

Depending on your traffic it may be useless even for backup, I would not recommend it.

Does it make sense to spend few thousand per month for backup transit (wave/fiber, cross connect on both side, colo, optics ) to connect some carrier which are present in other facility and then pay transit fee on top of it or better use on net carrier as backup?

edited April 2020

Yes. Least that will be the backup you can rely on :).

Maybe find some Tier 2 network that's in the facility you're in that could sell you a mix as backup in that case.

• ssdvssdv Member

@Clouvider said:
    Yes. Least that will be the backup you can rely on :).

Maybe find some Tier 2 network that's in the facility you're in that could sell you a mix as backup in that case.

Limited options in few locations but will keep looking :)

What building are you at?

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

As others have said, Zayo is kind of a nightmare, however if you need a rep that replies quickly shoot me a PM I'll dig one up that we have had clients use in the past who does quite well.
    That is if he's still there you know how sales reps are. :)

Seems like a pretty strong consensus across the board that zayo is a nightmare to deal with. I'm not surprised.

Thanked by 1Clouvider