Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ovh delivery time ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ovh delivery time ?

Hello ,
has anyone knows the delivery time of ovh currently ?
I ordered a dedicated server from ovh.com/us directly and it says 120s but it been hours now even trough the order is validated and its currently in "The product is being delivered" state !

Comments

• Is it your first time ordering with them? If so I believe they still do manual verification on your account.

• cazrzcazrz Member

Takes hours or days. Hours if you use CC, days if you use Paypal.
    Go with digitalocean or vultr if you want instant delivery.
    If you want cheap and can wait then go with OVH.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

OVH is fine if your authorised with them.

• cazrzcazrz Member

Its funny actually, that even if you use the prepaid account your order is not instant.
    I haven't really experienced instant activation from OVH. I already tried paying with CC, Paypal and even with Prepaid account. Its actually the worst buying experience I ever had out of 32 providers. One of the worst dashboard also.

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

I wouldn’t believe what they have on their website. The longest setup I’ve known (not for me but for a friend) is 7 days for a server with an apparent 48 hour turnaround. I don’t believe their was any verification to do either.

Maybe worth contacting sales tomorrow when they’re open?

• cazrzcazrz Member

Just awhile ago I made a new order. After 30 minutes they processed it and was updated to "COMPLETED". We received the server details. Then after that they sent me a new invoice asking to pay again for that server. This is my 4th server with them, in just 2 weeks. All order I experience with these 4 servers are the worst. Either it took hours, days, and now this new issue of double payment.

• You probably have the server already by this time if not, it won't hurt to call them and follow up. Email/ticket is so slow there.

• I received the server 2 hours after which is funny since its says delivery 120s :neutral:

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited April 2020

I just noticed that they gave me a server with different data center instead of the one in my order. Oh well. @OVH_APAC

• It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 7 days..speaking from personal experience :wink:

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

@cazrz said:
    I just noticed that they gave me a server with different data center instead of the one in my order. Oh well. @OVH_APAC

Write a quick email and try to get some free credit ;). Perfect opportunity to test their customer service!

• I once ordered an OVH server where it said 120 sec and it took 3 weeks!

• @momkin - Just curious. You ordered a server in the middle of a pandemic from a company in France (where they are using high speed rail to move patients to available resources) and came here within 2 hours of ordering wondering where your server was? Perhaps they are running a lean staff right now and it was Palm SUNDAY. Sunday's I presume are light staff anyway. Maybe noone felt the need to edit the website to say- Hey there is a pandemic, things may take a bit longer. Alas, you got your server so the world can rest easy knowing there is one less server awaiting an owner.

• @Unbelievable said:
    @momkin - Just curious. You ordered a server in the middle of a pandemic from a company in France (where they are using high speed rail to move patients to available resources) and came here within 2 hours of ordering wondering where your server was? Perhaps they are running a lean staff right now and it was Palm SUNDAY. Sunday's I presume are light staff anyway. Maybe noone felt the need to edit the website to say- Hey there is a pandemic, things may take a bit longer. Alas, you got your server so the world can rest easy knowing there is one less server awaiting an owner.

I'm not stupid or newbie .
    My account with ovh is already validated so the order was confirmed automatically after payment.
    And for the delivery its always instant when it says 120s.

The support staff don't deliver the servers , its fully automated system that's why i asked why it took 2 hours to delivery because they usually deliver the server after 5 min max !

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@cazrz said:

Hello @cazrz, could you please PM separately with your order number or account number..this is very strange to me and the first time to hear something like this happening.
    Regarding delivery time, 120s is an indication and is from the moment your order is validated (so indeed, there could be some check before we validate an order where you might be asked to send a form of ID for instance).
    120s in general mean the server is available and ready to go (but double check if you choose a different disk option as this may change the availability and thus may require the intervention of a tech in the concerned datacenter)
    Hope this helps

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Regarding delivery time, 120s is an indication and is from the moment your order is validated (so indeed, there could be some check before we validate an order where you might be asked to send a form of ID for instance).

His account is validated already as he mentioned already and there is another user here experienced 2 weeks of delivery instead of 120s. Just saying...