Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMTP Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMTP Service

Hi, I just want to know what email/smtp service you're using for sending transaction emails?

I have a website that gained a bit of popularity. The problem is, whenever they register, our system will send a verification email (also with forgot password). However, a lot of our users are using some random emails (either don't exist, typo error, etc) so our emails don't reach them. We used sparkpost before but got suspended due to high bounce rate. Amazon SNS is quite good but I am afraid of using it coz my account might be suspended due to the same reason.

Do you know any service provider that has high tolerance with bouncing emails? Or do you have any idea on how to solve this that I can replicate for free or cheaper?

Comments

• https://mxroute.com - MXRoute even has a lifetime plan :P

Thanked by 1xdev44
  • Mailchannels accept bounce, spam, etc.
    Other: MXRoute. Mailcheap.

Thanked by 1xdev44
  • xdev44xdev44 Member
    edited March 2020

@theblackesthat said:
    https://mxroute.com - MXRoute even has a lifetime plan :P

@Projectpop said:
    Mailchannels accept bounce, spam, etc.
    Other: MXRoute. Mailcheap.

Basically, no need for me to use any 3rd party email validation service when I use one of these service and there's no problem?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

try Amazon SES

• vncouponvncoupon Member
    edited March 2020

+1 for MxRoute

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

xdev44 said: Basically, no need for me to use any 3rd party email validation service when I use one of these service and there's no problem?

MXroute would also frown upon high bounce rates. You should be requiring users to confirm their email when signing up for an account. Try cleaning your list of obviously invalid emails and then make sure your website is performing double opt-in verification.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi xdev44
  • M66BM66B Veteran

The bounce rate for Amazon SES should be below 5%, but below 10% is conditionally tolerated for a while:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/pinpoint/latest/userguide/channels-email-deliverability-dashboard-bounce-complaint.html

I guess you won't find a provider that will accept an increased bounce rate for a longer period of time because it will hurt their reputation, which is why Sparkpost closed your account in the first place.

So, do what @jar says: cleanup, check, verify all the accounts.

Thanked by 1xdev44
  • I would recommend this
    1)Sendgrid - Free
    2)Sendinblue - Free
    3)SES (If you host on their IP it’s free) - Paid

I use all 3 for different tools.

Thanked by 1xdev44
  • cazrzcazrz Member

No one will tolerate high bounce rate. We use Mailchannels, AWS SES, Sendgrid, Mailjet, Sparkpost. We are planning to add Mailcheap very soon.

You will need to filter the bad apples before you send your email. This way there will be low bounce rate. This is the hardest to do. One of the important thing you will need to apply is the DELAY. So what we did is to build our own newsletter system. Our newsletter system also have an API for sending notifications and other transactional emails.

So on user sign-up, we verify their IP address, Phone Number and lastly their Email.
    Our newsletter system will then process their email, we have a system for email reputation. If the email address have good reputation the system will choose an SMTP provider and the sending server. The sending server are located on different data center. Depending on the IP address of the user. Then it sends to the SMTP provider.

Thanked by 2xdev44 mehargags
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bharatwaj said: 3)SES (If you host on their IP it’s free) - Paid

Even if you don't host it on their IP, it's extremely cheap...10 cents per 1,000.

https://aws.amazon.com/ses/pricing/

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Thanks for the information, everyone! I will definitely going to check on this. BTW, we are not sending marketing emails, just purely transactional.

• cazrzcazrz Member

@xdev44 said:
    Thanks for the information, everyone! I will definitely going to check on this. BTW, we are not sending marketing emails, just purely transactional.

Whatever type of email, you will need to lower the bounce rate.

Thanked by 1xdev44
  • HostYDHostYD Member, Host Rep

SES is good and cheap, try it.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Mailgun is prem

• Add a real time email verification to the registration form.
    https://neverbounce.com/verify

• The one we tested are Amazon SES and Mailjet. It is very affordable also.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep
    • aws ses