Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StackCP vs cPanel ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StackCP vs cPanel ?

What’s is pros and cons for StackCP and cPanel ?

Comments

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

StackCP....never heard of it. That's the difference.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb webcraft
  • AndruAndru Member
    edited March 2020

Just another cPanel like hosting control panel, price around $40/month

• LeviLevi Member

StackCP looks like bangladeshi junior php programmer made his first project.

• _MS__MS_ Member

StackCP is more polished than any other cPanel competitor I've seen (but, technically, it's not a competitor yet) From what I understand, It's not sold for external usage, you get this only with 20i's Reseller Hosting plans. 20i are creating their own control panels (StackCP, HostShop) for their own hosting platform.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

MS said: StackCP is more polished than any other cPanel competitor

I don't think so, as if it was better than any others by now it will be more popular control panel, similar to DA.

So far real alternative to cPanel is Plesk, the rest required to use ssh to manage server properly.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @Waqass said:
    StackCP....never heard of it. That's the difference.

Good

@zuby2402 said:
    Just another cPanel like hosting control panel, price around $40/month

Not like that

@LTniger said:

It’s Uk based StackCP control panel .
    Off_topics : you cancel my Wordpress host. 😂

MS said:
    StackCP is more polished than any other cPanel competitor I've seen (but, technically, it's not a competitor yet) From what I understand, It's not sold for external usage, you get this only with 20i's Reseller Hosting plans. 20i are creating their own control panels (StackCP, HostShop) for their own hosting platform.

Right ..still it’s not competitor

@WebProject said:

MS said: StackCP is more polished than any other cPanel competitor

I don't think so, as if it was better than any others by now it will be more popular control panel, similar to DA.

So far real alternative to cPanel is Plesk, the rest required to use ssh to manage server properly.

• LeeLee Veteran

WebProject said: So far real alternative to cPanel is Plesk, the rest required to use ssh to manage server properly.

You don't require ssh at all to manage cPanel/Plesk properly? Ok.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Shazan
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Not comparable with cPanel as StackCP proprietary panel of 20i.

@LTniger said:

It's 20i.com panel. It's UK company and running by former owner of WebFusion, 123-reg & Heart Internet.

Thanked by 1HostMayo
  • LeviLevi Member

Sadcasm said: you cancel my Wordpress host.

I just working on update. Soon™.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:

WebProject said: So far real alternative to cPanel is Plesk, the rest required to use ssh to manage server properly.

You don't require ssh at all to manage cPanel/Plesk properly? Ok.

Still required but not as much as DA, as majority of functions in DA is missing, personally I prefer ssh as much easier than undeveloped or incomplete control panel.

• @ExonHost said:
    Not comparable with cPanel as StackCP proprietary panel of 20i.

@LTniger said:

It's 20i.com panel. It's UK company and running by former owner of WebFusion, 123-reg & Heart Internet.

Is it the panel they use on 123-reg? Because if so, it's absolute trash.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

StackCP is a custom panel that 20i use. Easy to get into, but hard to leave. So far I haven’t seen them resell the panel separately..... so your tied to their hardware / software and support.

Can anybody post a screenshot of that panel...just curious how it looks under the hood.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited March 2020

@Waqass Multiple posts say its 20i. Being bored and nothing better to do I went to the 20i.com website. Being somewhat inquisitive I clicked on its menu. I saw stackcp try the demo and that gave me a really big clue. Unlike the first 3 pedantic posts in this thread which provide very little intelligent info, the demo should answer everyones questions. By the way StackCP is very nice and simple to use. I know one pound is a lot for people on this site, but try their service for a month and you can test it yourself. And yes angstrom, this is my first post and deank, yes the end is nigh

Thanked by 3timelapse seriesn 4d4m
  • It looks like Cpanel! Much better than DA evolution theme tbh

https://www.stackcp.com/login/demo

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@timelapse said:
    It looks like Cpanel! Much better than DA evolution theme tbh

https://www.stackcp.com/login/demo

baby cPanel

• A quick whizz around the demo and it looks OK, if not good, IMHumbleO. Would be interesting to see the backend of it but noticed that it's not included in their VPS plans.

zuby2402 said: price around $40/month

Where did you get that from? I'd be more tempted by $5/month!

• @AlwaysSkint its 40 pounds a month for a reseller at 20i. They do not offer it like a cpanel license that you install on a vps, rather you sign up for a reseller acct and can resell all their services plus get their own billing software and a built in CDN as well. Pretty much an all in one solution. Their first month is 1 pound to test it. Price point is high- which would lead to LET angst among many people here, but it is also unlimited which leads to LET glee (and the eternal unlimited, unmetered, blah blah blah argument).

• fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited March 2020

4.74mb of javascript. Some sick mix of jQuery and Vue and god help us even jQueryUI and bootstrap and bootstrap ui addons and they still use window.alert. Can't imagine it would take you guys long to find an SQLi or XSS..

• @fpmagic and yet they have been in production for over 2 years (don't know the exact length- but thats when I first noticed them) and of course they have more clients than probably 99% of let. IS "Can't imagine it would take you guys long to find an SQLi or XSS.." a rant or is there any factual basis? I assume rant because you seem to not like what they did.

• fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited March 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    @fpmagic and yet they have been in production for over 2 years (don't know the exact length- but thats when I first noticed them) and of course they have more clients than probably 99% of let. IS "Can't imagine it would take you guys long to find an SQLi or XSS.." a rant or is there any factual basis? I assume rant because you seem to not like what they did.

I certainly don't rate their frontend and dismayed that others would refer to it as "polished", the bar is far too low for these products across this industry. Indeed, rant aside (profanity removed), it could be possible that their server-side setup is organized and suitably secure, but I highly doubt it, if the front[end] garden is a mess generally the house will be.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

It’s unlimited for now..... but who’s to say it won’t be limited in the future. HeartInternet was their previous brand which was u limited, but now it’s like 250 accounts plus per account fee. Granted the same dudes that bought cPanel also bought HeartInternet.

I wonder if the original cPanel dudes could bring out another panel in time.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Waqass said:
    Can anybody post a screenshot of that panel...just curious how it looks under the hood.

I thik the sole purpose of this thread is to help 20i and their cPanel plagiarised StackCP to get SEO boost. Because comparison of these 2 panel is a waste of time as 20i will not allow to use it externally.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint HostMayo

@timelapse thanks for the demo....clean interface and polished icons. Though there is much more to a control panel than just a front end eye candy ...moreover its limited to 20i network so this ends here :smile:

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

Oof, didn't bother to minify JS either.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited March 2020

@nem - pro tip - poke fun at the production system, not the demo system that has been modified with many features disabled. But you would know that due to your extensive and lengthy educational training. However, to keep you on the straight and narrow and not go off on a tangent, I will stipulate your system is the best and all others have deficits that your watchful eye can easily see. @Waqass - first post - never seen it, last post, more to a panel than eye candy, fascinating evolution.