Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NextCloud cheap offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NextCloud cheap offers

Hello, what do you think with this NextCloud offer (Europe datacenter) :
1 TB Storage -> 9.99 EUR/Month (without backups)

Can i find cheaper ?

Thank you

Comments

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2020

Google One. About the same price at $9.99 USD, but you'll get 2TB and reliability that you won't get with most storage providers. Plus, Google Drive now supports incremental file changes, which makes it terrific for backing up documents, etc.

• edited March 2020

@FlamesRunner said:
    Google One. About the same price at $9.99 USD, but you'll get 2TB and reliability that you won't get with most storage providers. Plus, Google Drive now supports incremental file changes, which makes it terrific for backing up documents, etc.

Cost of your data being mined?
    I think one of the reasons to use nextcloud is to not have your data shared with Google?

But yes, Google's offering cannot be beaten if you only count the literal $. Thanks for suggesting.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @greattomeetyou

You could use G Suite, which I believe does have a stronger contract in terms of the privacy of your data. Alternatively, you could just encrypt any data you put in Google Drive, but that does add an annoying process to add/remove/access data.

• @seriesn can give you better deal I think , I have my nextcloud hosted with him and his support is great

Thanked by 2seriesn kp93
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@bharatwaj said:
    @seriesn can give you better deal I think , I have my nextcloud hosted with him and his support is great

I couldn't immediately find his Nextcloud hosting offers -- could you point me to them?

@Meditel said:

Can i find cheaper ?

Thank you

Congrats on your first post

Frankly, that's a good price for 1 TB of Nextcloud

If I may ask, which provider offers that?

• @angstrom said:

@bharatwaj said:
    @seriesn can give you better deal I think , I have my nextcloud hosted with him and his support is great

I couldn't immediately find his Nextcloud hosting offers -- could you point me to them?

He didn’t have directly, I asked him for a vps and install nextcloud, he did that for me
    I am pretty sure he will do for others also..

Thanked by 1angstrom

@bharatwaj said:

@angstrom said:

@bharatwaj said:

He didn’t have directly, I asked him for a vps and install nextcloud, he did that for me
    I am pretty sure he will do for others also..

Ah, okay, it's a private arrangement

Of course! :smiley:

Looking at their prices, it's less than a 3 euro difference between 1 TB and 2 TB, which is pretty good (after that, for 5 TB, there's a more significant jump in price)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • snzsnz Member

Also: it scales. If you have 100Gb now use the cheap one and upgrade as you need it.
    Also: it scales. If you have 1Tb now use the cheap one and downgrade as yo need it.

Thanked by 2angstrom Hetzner_OL
  • So, you decided to put your stuffs on a random provider without encryption rather than google?

• Does nextcloud support data encryption?

• snzsnz Member

@greattomeetyou said:
    Does nextcloud support data encryption?

yes

• @snz said:

@greattomeetyou said:

yes

Where do I look it up?
    Is it usable?

@greattomeetyou said:

@snz said:

@greattomeetyou said:

yes

Where do I look it up?
    Is it usable?

Nextcloud provide good documentation:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/configuration_files/encryption_configuration.html

I haven't yet tried Nextcloud encryption. It's an all-or-nothing setting, so it's worthwhile to study it well beforehand.

Thanked by 1greattomeetyou
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited March 2020

Nextcloud encryption works fine - I always enable it and put up with whatever overhead (space/CPU) it creates. Storage space usage looks whacky until you realise that additional space is used by the encryption. ;) (I haven't tried end-to-end encryption.)

• @bharatwaj thanks for the mention brother :)
    @angstrom It is nothing crazy boss. Just setting up Next cloud instance on a storage VPS :)

• @seriesn said:

Do you just install it via the official method? If you want to optimize the install a bit, check out ReinerNippes on GitHub. He has a very well made Ansible playbook for NextCloud on Docker, with all optional extras a simple switch away.

Thanked by 3seriesn uptime xetsys
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2020

@AC_Fan said:

@seriesn said:

Do you just install it via the official method? If you want to optimize the install a bit, check out ReinerNippes on GitHub. He has a very well made Ansible playbook for NextCloud on Docker, with all optional extras a simple switch away.

This is neat indeed. Thanks for headsup bud!

Yes, I have my own template, that is used for rapid deployment right now (mostly for internal stuffs).

• snzsnz Member

Also checkout this repo: https://github.com/tomMoulard/make-my-server

There's a ton of stuff for setting up dockerized services, including nextcloud.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can grab our StorageNL1TB for $7/mo in NL with 1TB HDD and 10Gbps port then install NextCloud: https://greenkvm.com/

• Ansible/Docker :-( Bloat - KISS.
    Just my opinion. ;)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Sooo much options...

You can get like <$5/TB/M if you find a deal like @cociu. Heck, Im paying like that much money for a 4TB storage server. Little caveat with then tho, if the files are important don't even bother. Reliability if not really their strong suit. But they are dirt cheap, can't find any deal better than theirs.

There are deals with Letbox, they have pretty good pricing. Altho they always do run out of stock with their promotional offers that are also next to dirt cheap and is probably better hosted than cociu's.

There is also Kimsufi, if you can score those sweet deals too. A little bit more expensive, but pretty decent.

Next is family. Nexusbytes @seriesn, would be my go to, I have really enjoyed being with their service. You will really feel like family and their choice of servers are topnotch. Plus, maybe just get an NVME server if you need it, they actually provide you with a free backup storage server that you can re-purpose for your Nextcloud.

I've been that road so just wanted to help out. Good luck. :)

Thanked by 1letbox
  • I actually just bought a lifetime deal at AppSumo, Icedrive: (don't know if referral codes are allowed but it would help me out) https://appsumo.com/r/f6hf4t0/

A lot of the storage deals looked very sketchy but AppSumo deals are legit, and this has actual encryption which has been really hard for me to find and why I won't pay for dropbox (along with it being too expensive). I paid around 100 for the 1TB plan which is a year of Dropbox (although I think Dropbox gives 2tb? The 2tb deal is 200) but there is a coupon if you're a first time buyer that takes 10% off.

• buzzyLET said: actual encryption

How do you verify that?

edited March 2020

@buzzyLET said:
    I actually just bought a lifetime deal at AppSumo, Icedrive: (don't know if referral codes are allowed but it would help me out) https://appsumo.com/r/I'M-PUSHING-MY-AFFILIATE-CODE

Please don't push your affiliate code in a thread about Nextcloud

If you want to make an argument in favor of Icedrive, then make this argument, but don't push your affiliate code for AppSumo instead of making this argument

• @Meditel said:

Can i find cheaper ?

Thank you

LiteServer 1TB = € 10 - 25% recurring discount = €7.5
    I have 2 servers there and pretty stable