Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ModulesGarden WHMCS modules - good or bad?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ModulesGarden WHMCS modules - good or bad?

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

I saw some people saying they are total garbage one should avoid at any cost.

What is the overall experience here?
For another project i've been looking for several of their modules for quite a bit of time for the time we progress to the point of setting up billing. So should i skip them completely, or are their modules safe to use?

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

They do their job quite fine. We have 2 custom modules with them and both are working with no issue so far.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

From what I heard they are crap. But I think you should wait for others to comment.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    I saw some people saying they are total garbage one should avoid at any cost.

What is the overall experience here?
    For another project i've been looking for several of their modules for quite a bit of time for the time we progress to the point of setting up billing. So should i skip them completely, or are their modules safe to use?

Is it safe? Yes. Is it bloated and messy? Yes. Does it work? Yes. Do they offer support? Yes.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

From our experience their modules are really good and have very user friendly documentation.
    Many peoples complained about their support. But again we did not experience anything bad. Most of time we have received their reply within 6 to 8 hours.
    I know it's not that good but still not that bad either.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Thanks. So overally their modules are usable and safe :)

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Have you used them myself for a plugin for a specific client, though, cant recall what it was.

It worked without a problem. No complains.

• Depends on module. For example tried hetzner cloud module. Then tried the same module from another company. Day and night. Very limited functions. Fron the other side the competitor's module have anything I asked for. Backups, snapshots, images, iso mount, rescaling and so on. At the half price too.

So, it depends on the module you are searching of.

• Works definitely better then any Indian software, though they sometimes don`t test some features :) But support is good enough to resolve all issues.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Good stuff, with occasional issues, but they resolve them.

Sometimes they are limited with an expected feature, which we consider a flaw not having, but often due to limitation with vendor sid they have no control over. ;-(

Overall, we would recommend them. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST