Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡1€/mo FIRST MONTH ONLY- 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, IPV4, IPV6, 1 Gbps, Europe Location⚡
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

⚡1€/mo FIRST MONTH ONLY- 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, IPV4, IPV6, 1 Gbps, Europe Location⚡

illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep
edited March 2020 in Offers

Hello guys,

I hope you're doing good during this corona virus situation, we've decided to give big discount for new users in our VPS 1 plan.

Please use coupon code: LET1FOR1M (valid until 30 March), to get VPS 1 for only 1€ in first month.
REGULAR PRICE of 5.95 after the 1st MONTH

Company:
-IllyHosting (ILLYSOFT LLC) is a registered company located in Kosovo (Reg No. #811279795).
-We are a vps, dedicated servers and colocation provider, our servers are located in our own data center in Prishtina, Kosovo and are fully owned by us.
-We offer a premium support and we are ready to assist you anytime in our live chat.

-Payment methods: PayPal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
-Datacenter Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
-ASN: AS207817 - ILLYSOFT, AL
-Speedtest Server: https://speedtest.illyhosting.com/
-Looking Glass: https://lg.illyhosting.com/
-Test ip: 194.5.235.3
-Test file: https://speedtest.illyhosting.com/1GB.bin
-Setup time: Instant.
-VPS Control Panel: Power control, reinstall your VPS, upload your own ISO, traffic stats, disk stats, etc.
-IPMI interface to manage dedicated servers.
-BGP session possibility for dedicated servers.

VPS 1:

RAM: 1 GB
CPU (Cores): 1
Disk: 20 GB SSD
Uplink: 1 Gbps*
Bandwidth: 5000 GB
IPv4: 1
Virtualization: KVM
Price: 5.95 €/mo 1.00 €/mo (Coupon: LET1FOR1M)
Order now: https://mya.illyhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=54

For more please visit our website: https://illyhosting.com, if you got any questions about any of our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Comments

• The promotion code entered has already been used

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

"...Please use coupon code: LET1FOR1M (valid until 30 March), to get VPS 1 for only 1€ in first month..."
    Only for the 1st month?

• illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep

@singhigh said:
    The promotion code entered has already been used

Please try to use the code again.

@yongsiklee said:
    "...Please use coupon code: LET1FOR1M (valid until 30 March), to get VPS 1 for only 1€ in first month..."
    Only for the 1st month?

Yes, discount is only for first month.

@illyhosting said:

@singhigh said:
    The promotion code entered has already been used

Please try to use the code again.

@yongsiklee said:
    Only for the 1st month?

Yes, discount is only for first month.

Thanks.

• Are you fine with clients running TOR relays on your VPS? No exitnodes, so no trouble with law or similar...

• Do you have any IPv6 addresses at the moment? If so, is it a /64, /48 or just a signle one?

• eKoeKo Member

Ordered, good luck with your sales!

@MarkLuun said:
    Are you fine with clients running TOR relays on your VPS? No exitnodes, so no trouble with law or similar...

I’m sorry but we don’t allow tor relays.

@lamhaoyin said:
    Do you have any IPv6 addresses at the moment? If so, is it a /64, /48 or just a signle one?

We forgot to mention, we give free IPv6 /64 with every VPS, you need to request it after we activate your vps.

@eKo said:
    Ordered, good luck with your sales!

Thank you!

• You say "1€/mo" in the title, which sounds nice, of course. But then it's only for the first month and 6€/mo afterwards (which seems very expensive in LET terms).

Anyway, on your site you say "100 % Uptime Guarantee". Great! Wait, it's not for the VPS, but only for the "network" - I have no idea how that would help me if my VPS is down. Hmm, but then it's "at least 100% of the time" (when would it be more than 100 %?). Hmm "100% Intel CPU" - is that good or bad? I guess something like a 90 % Intel CPU would be bad, but maybe an AMD CPU would actually be better (or ARM, depending on the use case).

Sorry for the rant, but I felt saying "1€/mo" was misleading...

Thanked by 2zenki yongsiklee
  • Need better rules on offers, really. It shouldn't be allowed to advertise non-recurring discounts as X/month, and it shouldn't be allowed to advertise yearly payment plans with any hints of X/month.

• The rules actually do say "List the final recurring price after any discounts"

@cmeerw said:
    The rules actually do say "List the final recurring price after any discounts"

Then the op needs to change the title from 1€/mo to 6€/mo.

@cmeerw said:
    You say "1€/mo" in the title, which sounds nice, of course. But then it's only for the first month and 6€/mo afterwards (which seems very expensive in LET terms).

Anyway, on your site you say "100 % Uptime Guarantee". Great! Wait, it's not for the VPS, but only for the "network" - I have no idea how that would help me if my VPS is down. Hmm, but then it's "at least 100% of the time" (when would it be more than 100 %?). Hmm "100% Intel CPU" - is that good or bad? I guess something like a 90 % Intel CPU would be bad, but maybe an AMD CPU would actually be better (or ARM, depending on the use case).

Dear,

Here in LET, we post when we create new offers, sometimes we post only first month discounts, sometimes life discount offers (like we did in our last offer here in LET), but we always mention these things in our post and I think it's okay to give discount only for one month, it's understandable we can't give recurring discount for this configuration with this price.

About uptime, we guarantee 100% network uptime as we said, we also take care a lot about our hardware and virtualization system and we usually don't have any problem.

@sundaymouse said:
    Need better rules on offers, really. It shouldn't be allowed to advertise non-recurring discounts as X/month, and it shouldn't be allowed to advertise yearly payment plans with any hints of X/month.

@cmeerw said:

@yongsiklee said:

@cmeerw said:

Giving discount for first month should be okay, it means we're saving you 4.95 Euro, somebody needs one month to develop a project or something like that and this is a great opportunity for them.

We've mentioned the regular price and we've mentioned that this price is only for the first month.

About the title, we usually write there the offer price as everyone does.

Regards,
    Illyhosting Team

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I updated the title and added some to the post.

Thanked by 1illyhosting

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    I updated the title and added some to the post.

Thank you.

• Ordered, but have got stuck in the "PENDING" state as 2 hours past.

• BGP session supported?

@lamhaoyin said:
    Ordered, but have got stuck in the "PENDING" state as 2 hours past.

We usually activate services within 3-7 minutes after payment, this could happen if your payment was not cleared yet with PayPal.

For more please open a ticket or go to livechat, we will be happy to help you.

@BetaRacks said:
    BGP session supported?

We offer BGP session with dedicated servers only.

• illyhosting said: We usually activate services within 3-7 minutes after payment, this could happen if your payment was not cleared yet with PayPal.

Already activated. Works fine :D

• zevuszevus Member
    edited March 2020

20. Termination. You agree that You will be responsible for notifying IllyHostingshould You desire to terminate Your use of IllyHosting’s Services. Notification of Your intent to terminate must be provided to IllyHosting no earlier than 10 days prior to Your billing date but no later than three days prior to Your billing date.

Essentially we have a 7 day period out of 30, 31 day month where one is 'allowed' to cancel.

I think such things are not enforceable. The requirement of prior notice is fine, of course ... but portion about being "unable" to cancel except during some certain time frame, I will have to pass. Please change this #20 to be reasonable -- I think it is not enforceable in any case (per US law & it may result in chargeback happy people doing chargebacks).

I was signing up but aborted after seeing this. Consider changing it?

regards,

• This would have been a nice offer to put it at donating computing power for supporting fight against Covid19. However, the terms of cancellation ruin such plans.

Thanked by 1zevus

@zevus said:
    20. Termination. You agree that You will be responsible for notifying IllyHostingshould You desire to terminate Your use of IllyHosting’s Services. Notification of Your intent to terminate must be provided to IllyHosting no earlier than 10 days prior to Your billing date but no later than three days prior to Your billing date.

Essentially we have a 7 day period out of 30, 31 day month where one is 'allowed' to cancel.

I think such things are not enforceable. The requirement of prior notice is fine, of course ... but portion about being "unable" to cancel except during some certain time frame, I will have to pass. Please change this #20 to be reasonable -- I think it is not enforceable in any case (per US law & it may result in chargeback happy people doing chargebacks).

I was signing up but aborted after seeing this. Consider changing it?

regards,

@default said:
    This would have been a nice offer to put it at donating computing power for supporting fight against Covid19. However, the terms of cancellation ruin such plans.

We've forwarded your request to our legal department and they made the changes.
    Now, if you want to terminate your services, you have to notify us about this at least 3 days before your billing date.

TOS: https://illyhosting.com/tos

Thanked by 1zevus
  • zevuszevus Member

Now, if you want to terminate your services, you have to notify us about this at least 3 days before your billing date.

Much better... Signed up, will give it a shot.

cheers,

@zevus said:

Much better... Signed up, will give it a shot.

cheers,

Thank you, we would love to hear your feedback.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2020

Yet Another Benchmark Script (thanks to @MasonR) - attempted on this server:

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2593.748 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 987Mi
    Swap       : 1.0Gi
    Disk       : 19G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 265.00 KB/s     (66) | 4.05 MB/s       (63)
    Write      | 281.00 KB/s     (70) | 4.34 MB/s       (67)
    Total      | 546.00 KB/s    (136) | 8.39 MB/s      (130)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
    Read       | 20.38 MB/s      (39) | 27.22 MB/s      (26)
    Write      | 22.15 MB/s      (43) | 30.36 MB/s      (29)
    Total      | 42.53 MB/s      (82) | 57.59 MB/s      (55)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 97.6 Mbits/sec  | 31.9 Mbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 97.8 Mbits/sec  | 478 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 97.7 Mbits/sec  | 304 Mbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 84.9 Mbits/sec  | 349 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 93.5 Mbits/sec  | 148 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 84.3 Mbits/sec  | 299 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 85.4 Mbits/sec  | 74.9 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 84.0 Mbits/sec  | 175 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 96.4 Mbits/sec  | 451 Mbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 97.4 Mbits/sec  | 10.5 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 95.9 Mbits/sec  | 672 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 89.6 Mbits/sec  | 377 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 85.1 Mbits/sec  | 397 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 512
    Multi Core      | 517
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1598552

• @illyhosting said:

@cmeerw said:
    You say "1€/mo" in the title, which sounds nice, of course. But then it's only for the first month and 6€/mo afterwards (which seems very expensive in LET terms).

Dear,

Here in LET, we post when we create new offers, sometimes we post only first month discounts, sometimes life discount offers (like we did in our last offer here in LET), but we always mention these things in our post and I think it's okay to give discount only for one month, it's understandable we can't give recurring discount for this configuration with this price.

About uptime, we guarantee 100% network uptime as we said, we also take care a lot about our hardware and virtualization system and we usually don't have any problem.

@sundaymouse said:
    Need better rules on offers, really. It shouldn't be allowed to advertise non-recurring discounts as X/month, and it shouldn't be allowed to advertise yearly payment plans with any hints of X/month.

@cmeerw said:

@yongsiklee said:

@cmeerw said:

Giving discount for first month should be okay, it means we're saving you 4.95 Euro, somebody needs one month to develop a project or something like that and this is a great opportunity for them.

We've mentioned the regular price and we've mentioned that this price is only for the first month.

Regards,
    Illyhosting Team

No, this is just plain wrong, misleading, and I think will reflect poorly in the end for you. I'm actually surprised you're defending this instead of a mea culpa. This is the kind of trait I first saw with HostDoc...

Title: "1€/mo FIRST MONTH ONLY- 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, IPV4, IPV6, 1 Gbps, Europe Location"

But here's the thing, there is NO 1€/mo. The title is actually:
    "1€ FIRST MONTH ONLY- 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, IPV4, IPV6, 1 Gbps, Europe Location"

See how the misleading /mo is both misleading and incorrect? Not open to interpretation, its just wrong.

Thanked by 2default yongsiklee

@TimboJones said:

@illyhosting said:

@cmeerw said:

Dear,

@sundaymouse said:

@cmeerw said:

@yongsiklee said:

@cmeerw said:

Regards,
    Illyhosting Team

No, this is just plain wrong, misleading, and I think will reflect poorly in the end for you. I'm actually surprised you're defending this instead of a mea culpa. This is the kind of trait I first saw with HostDoc...

Title: "1€/mo FIRST MONTH ONLY- 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, IPV4, IPV6, 1 Gbps, Europe Location"

But here's the thing, there is NO 1€/mo. The title is actually:
    "1€ FIRST MONTH ONLY- 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, IPV4, IPV6, 1 Gbps, Europe Location"

See how the misleading /mo is both misleading and incorrect? Not open to interpretation, its just wrong.

We totally agree with you, it was our mistake without any definite purpose, we tried to quote that this offer is valid for first month only but it's good that moderator changed the title and explained more. I think it's okay now!

BTW: We've added Bitcoin payments for those who are interested.

Thank you!