Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMaxim ★ KVM ★ Tampa, FL, US / London, UK ★ Quality VPS at low prices! ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMaxim ★ KVM ★ Tampa, FL, US / London, UK ★ Quality VPS at low prices! ★

mike1smike1s Member
edited March 2020 in Offers

Who is HostMaxim

HostMaxim is a subsidiary of The Winter Hill Companies, LLC. We provide KVM powered VPS hosting at affordable prices in both Tampa, FL, US and London, UK.

Our Tampa location is excellent for Latin America based customers, with latency under 60 ms to Costa Rica!

We pride ourselves in providing prompt and professional support.

Have a question?: Drop us a message at sales[at]HostMaxim.com and one of our friendly staff members will be glad to help!

10% of proceeds from this sale will be donated to the World Health Organization's COVID-19 response fund (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/donate)

Use coupon code STAYSAFE to save 40%!

The Offer

VPS512

• 512 MB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD Storage
  • 2 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IP Address
    Price: $3.50/mo ($2.10/mo with promo code STAYSAFE)
    Order Now - Tampa
    Order Now - London

VPS1024

• 1 GB RAM
  • 40 GB SSD Storage
  • 2 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IP Address
    Price: $6.50/mo ($3.90/mo with promo code STAYSAFE)
    Order Now - Tampa
    Order Now - London

VPS2048

• 2 GB RAM
  • 60 GB SSD Storage
  • 4 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IP Address
    Price: $9.50/mo ($5.70mo with promo code STAYSAFE)
    Order Now - Tampa
    Order Now - London

View all plans:
    All Plans - Tampa
    All Plans - London

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I use as a test IP?

Tampa, FL: 204.9.39.11 (Great for Latin America customers)
    London, UK: 54.37.244.181

Do you own your hardware?

We own our hardware in the Tampa location, London, UK is currently leased.

What are your bandwidth providers?

Our current providers are CenturyLink/Level3, Cogent, XO/Verizon and WOW.

What hardware do you use?

We currently use the following hardware:
    Tampa, FL: Xeon E5-2650s with Enterprise grade SSDs
    London, UK: Xeon-E 2136 with NVMe SSD

Where are your servers located?

Our VPS are based out of Tampa, FL and London, UK. Additional locations can be requested and will be added.

Is CPU Passthrough enabled?

We have CPU Passthrough enabled for all plans by default.

Do you provide refunds?

Yes, you are eligible for a refund if you cancel and request it during the first 30 days.

What kind of software is not allowed?

We do not allow virtual currency mining, gaming servers, or IRC servers to be run on our VPS. Please note, however, that this is not an exhaustive list and that you should check our Terms of Service or contact us if you have any questions about what is allowed.

Contact Us

Email: sales[at]HostMaxim.com
    Twitter: Follow Us

Thanked by 3zevus seriesn Ganonk

Comments

• zevuszevus Member

Tedros gets enough money from China already, i suspect. ah, yes, no sense in spreading xenophobia by closing borders. but now, it's all about border closures, to flatten the curve ... or giving out such uplifting info on january 15th about how china was still somehow not aware of human to human transmissions (how else could it have come from the US, right? hah)

but not hating on the gesture, just where it is directed, it is commendable for sure

Thanked by 1BetaRacks
  • @zevus said:
    Tedros gets enough money from China already, i suspect. ah, yes, no sense in spreading xenophobia by closing borders. but now, it's all about border closures, to flatten the curve ... or giving out such uplifting info on january 15th about how china was still somehow not aware of human to human transmissions (how else could it have come from the US, right? hah)

but not hating on the gesture, just where it is directed, it is commendable for sure

Feel free to suggest another charity, we're open to alternatives.

• Is the discount recurring?

• @t0ny0 said:
    Is the discount recurring?

It is!

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Can you show me a looking glass instead of Ping IP so I can test the real speed? Thx

• @Greyhound said:
    Can you show me a looking glass instead of Ping IP so I can test the real speed? Thx

I need to build one, will likely be doing that tonight.

• @HM-Micheal

I've ordered one of your vps in Tampa (not one of the above). The machine looks really fine testwise but the network could be better.

It does seem as if it capped at 400 mbit/s, which is totally fine for a vps, I get nearly 350 mbit/s to Miami (also really good).

But the upstream to AT&T in the U.S. is really poor - I see only between 3 to 8 mbit/s to different locations in the U.S. (again, talking only about AT&T here).

And the upstream to South America is still not as good as by OVHs Montreal dc (e.g. sys machines in bhs).

On a sidenote: I don't get any emails by your system (yeah, looked for spam as well), even if my mail adress is fine (whilst it does use greylisting)? Fortunately I've found the mails in your whms board.

• Ok, tested the network again and today on a monday there is no speed problem anymore in upstream to AT&T. Don't know if there was a sunday problem at AT&T or somewhere in between your dc & AT&T - but now I get up to 280 mbit/s in upstreaming to AT&T (depending on location as always but still 150 mbit/s to West Coast AT&T) and that is really good. Will check again next sunday but now you get a recommend from me. South America also looks slightly better.

• @OhJohn said:
    Ok, tested the network again and today on a monday there is no speed problem anymore in upstream to AT&T. Don't know if there was a sunday problem at AT&T or somewhere in between your dc & AT&T - but now I get up to 280 mbit/s in upstreaming to AT&T (depending on location as always but still 150 mbit/s to West Coast AT&T) and that is really good. Will check again next sunday but now you get a recommend from me. South America also looks slightly better.

Thanks! I’ll be checking into why you’re not getting emails, thanks for the heads up.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited April 2020

Ask us about colocation starting at $70 per month in Tampa, FL!

• @HM-Michael said:

Sell Out

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Alexchina said:

@HM-Michael said:

Sell Out

AFAIK, they was out of business.

• @sonic said:

@Alexchina said:

@HM-Michael said:

Sell Out

was out of business?what happen

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Alexchina said:

@sonic said:

@Alexchina said:

@HM-Michael said:

Sell Out

was out of business?what happen

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164251/hostmaxim-is-shutting-down#latest

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Jord can this thread be closed?

This discussion has been closed.