Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hardware] 1U E3 1270v3 + 32GB RAM + X10SLM-F - $235/each!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Hardware] 1U E3 1270v3 + 32GB RAM + X10SLM-F - $235/each!

FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We've done a fairly large hardware overhaul and have quite a few of these units spare.

• Supermicro 512L/512F chassis (2.5" drive cage included)
  • 32GB ECC UNBUFFERED RAM
  • Intel 1270v3 CPU
  • Supermicro X10SLM-F/X10SLL-F
  • 1U passive heatsink

$235.00/each + shipping

Servers are physically located in Fiberhub. If you have services with them we can personally rack them for you.

If you're buying multiple nodes we can do any customizing you want (specific SSD's you want installed, etc) saving you on future remote hands. You'd just have to mail the drives to us in Vegas. We can also pre-badge & pre-configure all IPMI's to your specifications.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Foul lukesUbuntu

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Fiberhub is also kindly offering half off the 1st month for anyone wanting to colocate these with him in Las Vegas or Dallas.

Francisco

• PMed you

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Shipping to Netherlands,EU not possible or, atleast would be expensive? Rack Rails?

HostSlick said: Shipping to Netherlands,EU not possible or, atleast would be expensive? Rack Rails?

When I shipped my slices to Luxembourg it was around $1000 per 8 to ship.

These don't have rails since they're half depth. They hang off the front ears.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • shellshell Member

interesting, but shipping to indonesia would be expensive + customs :neutral:

• What's the cost for shipping to Seattle? What's the power draw at full load?

• JonesJones Member

@Francisco

Dear sir, I'm sorry to disturb you, help me :) #549147

@discord said:
    What's the cost for shipping to Seattle? What's the power draw at full load?

probably like $30 or so.

Francisco

@shell said:
    interesting, but shipping to indonesia would be expensive + customs :neutral:

Yep, but would it still be cheaper than buying it local?

Francisco

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Hmmm, I wonder how much a unit would cost to ship to the UK, as I might be interested.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Only if I saw this a few days earlier!

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Are you able to make a canadian business invoice?

• How much do you think it will be to ship to the UK?

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited March 2020

Shipping to Europe would be very expensive, customs will charge you VAT + import fees etc. I don't think it's worth it.

When I check ebay I see shipping costs for similar servers from € 100 to over € 200.

So by the time you have the server here you probably spend 5 or 600 euros and you have to wait a long time for it.

@gestiondbi said:

Whats the difference between that and a normal one? Is is printed used maple syrup? Or do you just want it charged in CAD?

Francisco

• @marvel said:
    Shipping to Europe would be very expensive, customs will charge you VAT + import fees etc. I don't think it's worth it.

When I check ebay I see shipping costs for similar servers from € 100 to over € 200.

So by the time you have the server here you probably spend 5 or 600 euros and you have to wait a long time for it.

True. Probably cheaper to fly to Vegas with a luggage case and bring it back. Virus though

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Jord said: Hmmm, I wonder how much a unit would cost to ship to the UK, as I might be interested.

Let me know if you get a price.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

As for the hardware that you are selling, what is the total lot size? Secondly, if I am not mistaken these can house a total of 2 x 2.5" (or 3.5") drives, correct?

@Host4Geeks said:
    I hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

As for the hardware that you are selling, what is the total lot size? Secondly, if I am not mistaken these can house a total of 2 x 2.5" (or 3.5") drives, correct?

2x2.5". You can do 2x3.5" but it's a bit odd and I don't like it.

I have > 40 units in hand complete. There's more than that available but I have a few people that I'm earmarking nodes for.

Francisco

• Are drives included? Any leftovers are ok ;)

• Using a service like NetParcel will be cheaper, I'm sure, but IIRC, no insurance for servers and computers and shit. That being said, I've used goorooship and netparcel for over 50 shipments and have never had lost or damage (but was CAN/US, not US/Europe)

• @Francisco said:

@gestiondbi said:

Whats the difference between that and a normal one? Is is printed used maple syrup? Or do you just want it charged in CAD?

Francisco

Correction. The paper is flattened poutine and the ink is maple syrup.

• What is the power draw under full load?

@matrix07012 said:
    What is the power draw under full load?

< 120W.

I can run 42 in a rack with addon cards, dual SSD's, and be < 40A@120V.

Francisco

• Dropped you a ticket/message about these on BuyVM since I didn't know what you were billing these through

• bjrjkbjrjk Member

Servers are cost-effective but the ship fees not. If ship them to China, ship fees may cost up to a server's price.

• @Francisco could offer dedi too if more than 10-20 people are interested here. :smiley:

• edited March 2020

@mrclown said:
    @Francisco could offer dedi too if more than 10-20 people are interested here. :smiley:

Interested. Would like to know the monthly cost. Thanks.

@greattomeetyou said:

@mrclown said:
    @Francisco could offer dedi too if more than 10-20 people are interested here. :smiley:

It's not a market I'm interested in getting into.

I recommend you go harras @qps or @Rob_T. Both are great owners and will treat you right.

Francisco

Thanked by 1qps
  • H> @Francisco said:

@greattomeetyou said:

@mrclown said:

It's not a market I'm interested in getting into.

I recommend you go harras @qps or @Rob_T. Both are great owners and will treat you right.

Francisco

Thanks.

BTW, how do I calculate shipping cost? Box size and weight?
    Thanks.