Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there really free VPS without credit cards? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there really free VPS without credit cards?

2»

Comments

• Came across this on the forums: Link. It's very little, but it is free and I don't think you can expect much from a free service.

• @PineappleBox said:

@TimboJones said:

@PineappleBox said:
    There's an extremely small service that I am aware of giving 1gb memory, 2vCPU's and 15GB disk NAT KVM's without root access (To students), for free. It's resold from OVH but they also make money off schools purchasing their higher plans for IT lessons.

That's pretty useless. Shared hosting is better at that point.

Not really. It comes pre-installed with a full Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop installation, and LAMP. You can also request packages from them via support, and there's a lot less that you can do with shared hosting, not to mention, you'll get better performance (They have 2.4GHz Xeon's, unmetered bandwidth and I've gotten upwards of 680mbps read/write on their disks).

Oh boy. Not apt access and you need to request support for each and every package you want installed. What could go wrong?

Basically, I'm thinking of every time I'm prompted for sudo password and if that meant opening a ticket, this would be a dumpster fire. But if it comes with everything you need already, good for you if it fits your purpose.

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited March 2020

On the forums yesterday I came across infofractal.io, which offers VPS and dedicated hosting in the South America / Chile region. They have a free service which can be used, but if you need to do anything online, forget it. You're limited to a 2mbps network which is painfully slow. However, if you need to only use linux features, this is doable.
    You're provided with the following:
    1vCore (E5-4657L v2 @ 2.40GHz)
    512MB memory
    512MB vSwap
    8GB Disk
    500GB monthly bandwidth
    Virtualizor Control Panel
    I believe that this is the closest to the OP's question, as no CC is required.

• @PineappleBox said:
    On the forums yesterday I came across infofractal.io, which offers VPS and dedicated hosting in the South America / Chile region. They have a free service which can be used, but if you need to do anything online, forget it. You're limited to a 2mbps network which is painfully slow. However, if you need to only use linux features, this is doable.
    512MB memory
    512MB vSwap
    8GB Disk
    500GB monthly bandwidth

2mb/s connection and only ip6. More along the lines of a NAT. and only free for one month, after that will need cc. Shill?

• @king8654 said:

@PineappleBox said:
    512MB memory
    512MB vSwap
    8GB Disk
    500GB monthly bandwidth

2mb/s connection and only ip6. More along the lines of a NAT. and only free for one month, after that will need cc. Shill?

It's not NAT, it's IPv6 only (HE tunnelbroker). Also it doesn't need CC, just register, choose 1 year, enter the coupon and enjoy the server for a year.

• @king8654 said:

@PineappleBox said:
    512MB memory
    512MB vSwap
    8GB Disk
    500GB monthly bandwidth

Nope haha, I'm just trying to find as many "free" VPS deals, as I became intrigued after finding the post. But may I ask where you found that it was limited to one month? I did not see this on the website.

• @HoussemKeyCo said:

@king8654 said:

@PineappleBox said:
    512MB memory
    512MB vSwap
    8GB Disk
    500GB monthly bandwidth

It's not NAT, it's IPv6 only (HE tunnelbroker). Also it doesn't need CC, just register, choose 1 year, enter the coupon and enjoy the server for a year.

Only ports 80, 443, 21 and 22 are available... why they have to restrict ports like that on IPv6?!
    They call it a sample VPS for a good reason.