Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Android apps with GUI for SFTP file transfer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Android apps with GUI for SFTP file transfer?

user123user123 Member

Hey LET! Do you know of any good Android apps with a GUI that can be used to transfer files (e.g. via SFTP) from a VPS? I have tried several apps so far, but they are all commanline-based. I use the BitviseSSH client on my computer and find it to be very convenient (when it doesn't crash), but I haven't found a way to easily transfer files to/from Android devices from my VPS or from my Synology NAS.

Comments

• Try turbo ftp client .. afaik free version only allow to add 1 server

Thanked by 1user123
  • @hardgamers said:
    Try turbo ftp client .. afaik free version only allow to add 1 server

The app looks interesting, though a review from last month says you can't add any servers or try SFTP without buying it.

• hardgamershardgamers Member
    edited March 2020

I still use this until now, and I can add only 1 server(account).

Thanked by 1user123
  • 62Rz6z62Rz6z Member
    edited March 2020

Ghisler's total commander file mgr.

you can get the .apk from the dev, possibly fdroid, and android market.

sftp will be via an addon extension plugin available from same sources.

Also, I think ghost commander can do sftp too, and I know that's in fdroid, but not sure if it's built-in or plugin required. I like tc better, but gc isn't bad.

They're both very - O R T H O D O X - 2 pane filemgrs.

I think they both do samba/cifs, WebDAV, and more, which should be faster than sftp if you're on a trusted connection. Dropbox/drive/etc via plugins.

If you're on a no-G device, use aurora store to fetch .apk direct from android market. Not really relevant in this situation.

Unrelated, but adding it because I didn't know about it until recently, but mosh client is very interesting.

Edited to add additional opinions

Actually, I'm also curious what other apps everyone may use on mobile for ssh, vpn, etc.

Good topic.

Thanked by 1user123
  • You don't say if it needs to be free. Solid Explorer is a good GUI file manager for multiple platforms, and has a free trial. SFTP is just one of the MANY file and cloud protocols it supports.

Thanked by 2user123 vimalware
  • Try Cx File Explorer freeware with NO ads - Allows to access files within remote or shared storage like FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SMB, WebDAV, and LAN.

Thanked by 1user123
  • I recently switched to termius and it's my all in one for SSH & SFTP

Thanked by 1user123
  • You can try AndFTP or Termius

Thanked by 1user123
  • Thanks for the suggestions, @62Rz6z @cochon @niceboy @Reaperofpower @vncoupon :)

• rcxbrcxb Member

I second LYSESOFT AndFTP. Make sure you configure the "Remote dir:" on all your hosts to somewhere writable when you're setting them up, as that's where your files will automatically go when you "Share" a file to AndFTP from within other apps.

Thanked by 1user123
  • 0xC70xC7 Member

@Reaperofpower said:
    I recently switched to termius and it's my all in one for SSH & SFTP

+1 for Termius, however for SFTP function you have to be 'premium' subsciption.

Thanked by 1user123
  • SreeSree Member

Try MiXplorer from xda

Thanked by 1user123
  • es explorer
    This is an Android file manager

It contains remote file management
    It supports many transport protocols
    Including SFTP

Thanked by 1user123