Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rootserver VS2-free from euserv.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rootserver VS2-free from euserv.com

2»

Comments

• @globalone said:
    If the free version is so terrible, their paid plans can be no better.

This defies all logic, of course the paid plan would be better. You get what you pay for. If you pay nothing, you’ll get almost nothing.

Thanked by 2angstrom drunkendog
  • Price determines quality

• @debaser said:

@globalone said:
    If the free version is so terrible, their paid plans can be no better.

This defies all logic, of course the paid plan would be better. You get what you pay for. If you pay nothing, you’ll get almost nothing.

Logically, they offer a free service in the hope that people will like it and upgrade to the paid plan. However, if customers only experience pain with the free service, they will not upgrade, rendering this exercise futile. Logic seems to evade you, debaser. As for Ganonk, price does not always determine quality (unless you think that all those running a Linux server would actually choose a Windows server if the latter were free).

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@inb0n0b0 said: Logically, they offer a free service in the hope that people will like it and upgrade to the paid plan. However, if customers only experience pain with the free service, they will not upgrade, rendering this exercise futile.

Congrats on your first comment

Thanked by 1inb0n0b0
  • xaocxaoc Member

servO unreachable -_-.

• Section 11.1 of their standard ToS is enough for me to NEVER signup to them - even a freebie!

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Section 11.1 of their standard ToS is enough for me to NEVER signup to them - even a freebie!

Hi AlwaysSkint, Can you share a bit why you don't like their "Section 11.1 of their standard ToS" ? From their page, I found

"1.1 The company ISPpro Internet KG and it ́s devisions (hereinafter known as THE PROVIDER)
    does all goods and services on the basis of these terms and conditions. As far as domain names are
    covered by this contract, supplemented by the registration conditions of each registrar. "

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2021

@momomo said: From their page, I found..

Holy necro-post!

You didn't read very far..

11.1 The contract period begins on the date of delivery of the service by THE PROVIDER or the
    contractually agreed date. The contract, unless nothing else is agreed, is concluded for a period of
    12 months. It will be automatically renewed for another 12 months if it will be not terminated later
    than 3 months before the relevant contract period ends. ... etc.

Set your diary on a loud alarm, folks.

• Thank for sharing!

• I found that server OK. Just that not having IPv4 public address is an issue. But there is a workaround you can use to access IPv4 site from the server.

• @melvinchng said:
    I found that server OK. Just that not having IPv4 public address is an issue. But there is a workaround you can use to access IPv4 site from the server.

or just buy one from them, it's 2.38 EUR setup fee and then it's free.

• @henix said:

@melvinchng said:
    I found that server OK. Just that not having IPv4 public address is an issue. But there is a workaround you can use to access IPv4 site from the server.

or just buy one from them, it's 2.38 EUR setup fee and then it's free.

Oh? I thought there's a recurring payment for IPv4. I might just get one instead.