Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PulsedMedia - Not delivering a dedicated server (from seedbox) after 15 days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PulsedMedia - Not delivering a dedicated server (from seedbox) after 15 days

eKoeKo Member
edited March 2020 in Reviews

Im really disappointed
I've ordered on March 6th, and still waiting to be delivered, the dude is avoiding my requests to give the amount is paid as credit, so I can purchase other services and do not provide refunds (cuz apparently they do not provide refunds for dedicated servers and/or paid with cryptos (WATCH OUT!)) or giving an estimated date when I will get what I paid for.

I spend : 49.99 euro for the F19-MDS-12T plan

https://cdn.lewd.host/3JdEp7ua.jpg

Im providing full ticket screenshot and waiting for your comments/suggestions.
This is not accettable...If you cant deliver a product do not offer it, simple as that!

https://cdn.lewd.host/C6UD2ilU.jpg

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

@PulsedMedia Want to take care of this? 15 days is really a joke sorry.

Thanked by 1sonic
  • eKoeKo Member

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @PulsedMedia Want to take care of this? 15 days is really a joke sorry.

Thats the right word, a Joke (a bad one in my opinion).

• I had one seedbox with them,because of same attitude I never looked back and also suggest others to stay away where you have other providers with better specs and services.

• Feralhosting has been stable and a great price for my needs.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

So @PulsedMedia is an one man Army?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@ViridWeb said:

Nothing wrong with it if you provide good service.

• I am start new thread:

@MikeA is taking 30 seconds to respond to my ticket today ...

But website mentions am under heavy load support

Are they have cervezavirus ? :scream:

Thanked by 4ViridWeb MikeA imok zenki

@MikeA said:

@ViridWeb said:

Nothing wrong with it if you provide good service.

Yep absolutely.. Service matters and not how many people work there..
    Btw my comment was not against the @PulsedMedia

• I rarely speak out about companies but PulsedMedia are genuinely awful. I've read so many reports of their treating customers with disdain and basically exploiting their stringent and unusual ToS in order to justify horrible business practices. They are a stain on the seedbox industry.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@blursedcomment said:
    I rarely speak out about companies but PulsedMedia are genuinely awful. I've read so many reports of their treating customers with disdain and basically exploiting their stringent and unusual ToS in order to justify horrible business practices. They are a stain on the seedbox industry.

Congrats on your first comment

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

He rarely speaks about companies and yet comments on a trivial matter.

• has the shitting already started? am I late?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

He will be refunded to credit if he wishes, he was told that due to the current situation everything is delayed, and his custom requested setup needs different tools to install which we have not automated NOR built yet. (Bypassing CentOS installer completely).
    He was already told refund is coming a little bit later.

Server has been provisioned automatically within minutes as per being MDS, he got full root access to it, but the custom setup he requested had not been done as of yet.

If you read the ticket he requested custom CentOS RAID setup, unfortunately CentOS 7 installer is completely borked to properly do a setup like that, i personally spent hours (in the hot aisle too!) trying to get the installer to cooperate but it just does not allow per disk custom partitioning and building of MD raid arrays.
    so custom template made on another machine, manual partitioning via shell and then cloning the template in was the way to go. Just did not have the hours to do it, and Finland has semi-shutdown now.

Our promise is NBD+4, which stands for Next Business Day + 4 (business days), so 7 days to complete. This has not been met obviously, and he was promised compensation as when the custom setup is done. Our normal custom order delivery promise is 4 weeks, but that includes hardware build etc.

There was announcement that everything is delayed and he was told that he would get extra days added to his service.

We did have a big spike in CUSTOM server deliveries as well, servers not yet built and stress tested at this time as well, someone who does not have any server at all and has ordered high end server just comes first - there was many of those delivered earlier this month.

Of course, none of the above excuses the failure to do the custom install within the NBD+4 promise, we did drop the ball here by not already having a ready to go CentOS template image ready which we can just clone into his machine.

We are already looking for solutions to automated dedicated server reinstalls/reboots etc., we are primarily a seedbox business and dedis has been a minority stuff but their importance grows all the time. Prior to the past few months it made no sense to automate as we've had so few requests outside the usual Debian/Ubuntu setup.

But yeah, we'll work on getting stuff automated better for future. It's inexcusable when a simple server reinstallation takes this long, no matter how complicated the requested disk configuration is. (Not complicated at all in this instance, just not something CentOS installer seem to support very well, correct me if i'm wrong been genuinely baffled how the partitioning tool could be this ridiculously bad in CentOS installer... while i do recall installing CentOS with MD RAID in the past. Nevermind other usability issues like no mirror selection)

• You should have checked /r/seedboxes before buying from PulsedMedia.

Thanked by 1dosai

roshan91 said: You should have checked /r/seedboxes before buying from PulsedMedia.

Do not believe everything you read there .... there are certain ..... eh... politics involved.

Now let's hope @eKo updates rest of the ticket as well.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • eKoeKo Member
    edited March 2020

Matter fixed.
    Got credited in my account the value of the paid invoices.

I should Have used LET to fix things earlier (not waiting 15 days in this case) !!!

Thanks for the comments/suggestions, I will use @PulsedMedia as it were intended to be used, a seedbox (shared one).

Please @PieHasBeenEaten
    The thread can be closed, Thanks

• @PulsedMedia

someone who does not have any server at all and has ordered high end server just comes first - there was many of those delivered earlier this month.

Why? Shouldn’t it be first in first out?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • In 2015 I have used pulsedmedia and their performance was awfully slow!

eKo said: I should Have used LET to fix things earlier (not waiting 15 days in this case) !!!

You were never forgotten. Please update rest of the tickets and do not leave others in the dark.
    I cannot comment anything but what you say on this thread to protect Your own privacy.

Oh and on technicals -> We now got a flexible CentOS template made (finally), and this could've been done on next on-site visit which is yet to be scheduled due to the COVID 19 situation, might be tomorrow tho.

seriesn said: Why? Shouldn’t it be first in first out?

Yes for the same queue. Different queues, premium service gets pushed on top always. But i do think in this case those premium orders also arrived earlier.

OP also already had the server with root access, so he was not completely without service (Plus who would have thought 15-30min quick reinstall becomes a multi hour ordeal only to result in installer crash... hell just going through this thread has taken now 3x what a typical OS install takes). During the scheduled period when it was supposed to be reinstalled (manually) to his custom specification other things just did not progress as fast as planned.

sayem314 said: In 2015 I have used pulsedmedia and their performance was awfully slow!

In 2015 90% of our servers were rental dedis from the likes of Online.net and Server4You as well. We only had tiny margin on our own DC back then, and we were only using Cogent back then.

Early 2016 we moved to a new DC and got rid of Cogent as well (NEVER AGAIN!)

@sayem314 in essence, nothing is the same anymore since 2015. Everything has changed since then from technical side. Typical server also was 2 disk RAID0, now 4 disk RAID5. Back then online.net servers were awfully bad I/O performance, 2 drives behaved like 0.8 drives among other issues.

Online.net also tried to bait & switch us to more expensive and even lower performing servers (1-4MB/s sequential read throughput on drives on average), and as we complained about that they shutdown about 350 servers as some their staff member got annoyed that we kept on complaining and refusing those servers they were forcing on us.

• eKoeKo Member

@PulsedMedia said:

eKo said: I should Have used LET to fix things earlier (not waiting 15 days in this case) !!!

You were never forgotten. Please update rest of the tickets and do not leave others in the dark.
    I cannot comment anything but what you say on this thread to protect Your own privacy.

You're insisting in the fact you provided root access on a seedbox, when I asked for a centos intall with root access.
    I didnt used that server/seedbox as you mentioned multiple times in the ticket.

As I stated above, from now on, I will use your service as a shared seedbox, as it were intented to be in the first place, silly me that I wanted a dedicated server from a seedbox provider....

And, I believe this: If you gotta provide a service like dedicated servers, BEFORE offering it, be prepared at least custom configs or offer a rescue system or similar, so the user can configure stuff himself/herself.

Im glad the matter got solved, lets end it here, shall we?

https://cdn.lewd.host/SQZk6wm1.jpg

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Get a room you two with a box of condoms.

edited March 2020

@deank said:
    Get a room you two with a box of condoms.

Lol.. That's true they look like made for each other.. :wink:

@PulsedMedia said:

roshan91 said: You should have checked /r/seedboxes before buying from PulsedMedia.

Do not believe everything you read there .... there are certain ..... eh... politics involved.

Now let's hope @eKo updates rest of the ticket as well.

Politics? Will it help to make china a democracy?

This discussion has been closed.