Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo taking 10+ hours to respond to tickets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo taking 10+ hours to respond to tickets

I have 20 servers with Contabo and have been with them from 4 years. Suddenly, they are taking 10+ hours to respond to tickets now and my servers go down due to issue from their network. I had 2 servers down today due to them. When I called them they said they have corona virus crisis. If they can't handle so many clients during this time then why are they still taking new orders and advertising on google. And in their updates too they mentioned the following -

17.03.2020: Increased demand for our services
In the last few days we have seen an increased demand for our VPS and servers. Currently, we still have all types of VPS and servers available, but if you already know that you will need a new VPS or dedicated server in the next 4 weeks, order it now so we can prioritize your order.

Availability of most popular services as of March 17th, 2020:

VPS SSD: 800+ VPS
VPS HDD: 300+ VPS
Dual 10-Core: 30+ servers
10-Core: 30+ servers
6-Core: 20+ servers

If you want to make a bulk order of 2+ servers or 10+ VPS feel free to contact us directly at [email protected]

They should at least provide good support for their old clients and stop taking new orders and their setup team should join hands for now in providing a faster and good support.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2020

Bavaria is under national emergency state + full shutdown. Contabos office is in Munich. But yeah, have fun spitting on them.

Thanked by 2Ympker TimboJones
  • They can hire me for support...

• @pike said:
    Bavaria is under national emergency state + full shutdown. Contabos office is in Munich. But yeah, have fun spitting on them.

then at least they should taking new orders. read my whole post again.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Considering what you paid, sounds like pretty good service.

• pikepike Veteran

Their announcement is from 17.3., bavaria under shutdown since ~19 hours, yes it is shitty for you but now is not the time to shame people.

Thanked by 2maverickp Ympker
  • LeeLee Veteran

erikkkkk said: I have 20 servers with Contabo and have been with them from 4 years.

And this makes you special? Get real, they have a lot more clients than just you.

Thanked by 2Ympker maverickp
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@pike said:

Soon we will see more like this, but worse.

Thanked by 2pike Ympker
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Considering what you paid, sounds like pretty good service.

• They have to disinfect each ticket bro

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@erikkkkk said:
    I have 20 servers with Contabo and have been with them from 4 years. Suddenly, they are taking 10+ hours to respond to tickets now and my servers go down due to issue from their network. I had 2 servers down today due to them.

Are you saying that those two servers of yours are still down?

There was work done this morning on node 12569:

Start: 21.03.2020 08:10
    Voraussichtliche Dauer: 45 Minuten
    Betroffene Systeme: Alle VPS auf dem Hostsystem 12569
    Beschreibung: Es werden dringende Wartungsarbeiten am Hostsystem durchgeführt, wodurch Ihre VPS für die Dauer der Wartung nicht erreichbar sein werden.

(See "Abgeschlossene Wartungen" on http://contabo-status.de/ )

If your servers are up, then what's the big deal? It's Saturday, and moreover, there's a lockdown.

If they can't handle so many clients during this time then why are they still taking new orders and advertising on google. And in their updates too they mentioned the following -

Completely irrelevant as far as whatever you want to say is concerned

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2020

I live in Bavaria and we are in an effective Emergency state and more or less shutdown. Cut them some slack to be honest. Right now they have probably reduced staff and different problems to deal with. There are network outages left and right. My internet at home is laggy browsing the internet and we got a 400 Mbit/s line from Vodafone. So many ppl doing home office now, streaming flix, watching pron.. ISPs just cant tank all this it seems. Also internet is considered "Neuland" in Germany so it's even worse than you imagine. Yes, your situation sucks. But bear with it for now.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@pike said:

Soon we will see more like this, but worse.

AlphaVPS had in Sofia today a 3 hour outage, delayed because DC was locked down + state of emergency. If they had technicians in the DC, pretty sure they could handled it quicker.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

. > @pike said:

We are in Bavaria and peoples still got to go to work, if you can not make home office like my colleagues.
    I don't think it should affect reply time much.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2020

@HostSlick said:
    . > @pike said:

We are in Bavaria and peoples still got to go to work, if you can not make home office like my colleagues.
    I don't think it should affect reply time much.

Well, maybe. Still, people's life, family, overall situation is probably a mess right now. Less public transport, network overload.. just saying this is no normal situation we are in right now.

Also this on Facebook:

Thanked by 2benj0x uptime
  • People in the world are dying and you are complaining about not having a response for 10 hours.

Dude, you need a reality check. Germany has a lot of COVID-19 cases, as stated above Bavaria is in some kind of lockdown and many businesses have to close.

Do you think they don’t reply to annoy you? No. They have to worry about their health. They are really not temporarily closed just because they think it is fun to have their businesses ruined.

Thanked by 1Ympker

DennisdeWit said: People in the world are dying and you are complaining about not having a response for 10 hours.

I think that's the wrong tack, because you can say that every day and it's always been true. People are dying in wars and you're complaining, people are dying of cancer and you're complaining, etc. Just because bad things are going on doesn't mean people shouldn't keep their commitments.

However, in this case, what is OP paying per month for this service? That's what's relevant...if you want white glove service, pay white glove prices.

Thanked by 3vpsGOD PulsedMedia nem
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

raindog308 said: However, in this case, what is OP paying per month for this service? That's what's relevant...if you want white glove service, pay white glove prices.

This. Looks like another giga international brand (same site layout and graphics), and very low prices. If you pay 10x what they ask even then you are probably not going to get guaranteed response within hours.

Leaseweb asks you to pay for 8hrs or better (well atleast last time i checked), per service and quite dearly. You can forget getting 8hrs or less with OVH, non-tech only works during business days 9 to 17. Tech tickets they have 24/7 staff, but you can forget communication with them and anywhere from few hours to several days. And that's the premium side of things, Kimsufi you are better of buying new server than get a disk replacement.

Typically you pay very dearly for guaranteed few hours response with SLA.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

DennisdeWit said: Germany has a lot of COVID-19 cases, as stated above Bavaria is in some kind of lockdown and many businesses have to close.

support can work from home or remotely and don't need to be in office and completely isolated in own home/flat and don't need to travel.

Majority businesses are close due to they do dealing with public / customers directly face to face, no one be able to get a flu remotely via computer or internet activity.

• @WebProject said:

DennisdeWit said: Germany has a lot of COVID-19 cases, as stated above Bavaria is in some kind of lockdown and many businesses have to close.

support can work from home or remotely and don't need to be in office and completely isolated in own home/flat and don't need to travel.

Majority businesses are close due to they do dealing with public / customers directly face to face, no one be able to get a flu remotely via computer or internet activity.

Sure thing. Because if there is a physical interruption within the servers at the datacenter (failing router, dying memory, whatever) of course there’s no human needed to fix it. Just assign a robot. Beep beep.

I even got a message from my DC to stay home and if I need fo access my server, there is free remote hands.

Not everything can be done on distance. And yes, I agree ‘people dying’ is not a reason to break promises. But I DO think it makes a difference if there is a virus in GERMANY (where Contabo is), or there is a war somewhere in Syria or Iraq. Chances that a German provider significantly will undergo problems during the Syrian war is not big. If 75% of your employees are sick, it’s a different story.

So I think my statement was misinterpreted @raindog308

Thanked by 1raindog308

DennisdeWit said: So I think my statement was misinterpreted @raindog308

Fair enough!

• contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

Hi all,
    We'd like to thank all of you for commenting on this topic and for caring about us! We are fine and during these difficult times, we continue to work normally. As it has already been mentioned, we currently experience a huge demand in our services, also due to many people switching to remote work. We are making sure that we can deal with it while providing best support to our existing customers. In case we did not manage it in a specific case, we are sorry for the inconveniences caused by it.

Thank you all for your support and stay safe!

Best regards,
    Your team at Contabo

Thanked by 3pike angstrom uptime