Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

php-friends had a network outage.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

php-friends had a network outage.

MdT0jMdT0j Member
edited March 2020 in Outages

Just switched all my stuff to them yesterday, great timing.

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Congrats on your first discussion

What would you like for us to do?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • MdT0jMdT0j Member

Cry with me and let me know any status if you hear from somewhere :heartbreak:

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • angstrom said: What would you like for us to do?

Panic and buy more vpses. Don't forget to use your mask and keep at least 6 feet between two vpses.

Thanked by 2angstrom Ympker
  • Just noticed mine went down via monitoring. Hoping just a (bad) outage. :(

@MdT0j said:
    Cry with me and let me know any status if you hear from somewhere :heartbreak:

It's a bit early for thread drama: my VPS went offline just before you started this thread.

I'm sure that they're investigating ...

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2020

My VPS down too, rly shitty situation. Spinning up backups now... No redundancy?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • Both my PHP-friends and Avaro servers came down. I guess that's why.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

never even heard of them, a VPS provider?

Was back up for a moment, then down again. They're rebooting the routers

Thanked by 1Ympker

My VPS is back up

Thanked by 1MdT0j
  • pikepike Veteran

Yeah mine are back up too, didn't even get to finish spinning up a Hetzner instance.

Thanked by 2angstrom Ympker
  • @Avoro you probably need to reboot your node

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

Hello guys,

we are already working on that case and the problem should be resolved within the next minutes. At the moment I do not have exact informations what happens, but over 90 % of all VPS servers are back again.

Please keep in mind that we are working with all available resources (and send out a few technicians to our datacenter) to fix the problems. Everything should work again shortly.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited March 2020

Mine’s still maintaining its uptime and didn’t go down it seems.

Edit: Nvm, just noticed that it was a network outage, which lasted about 20 mins or so.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

Hi,

just wanted to confirm that the outage is not @Avoro's fault, our Juniper gear decided to "enhance" our friday night after a configuration change and Avoro is one of our colocation customers. Luckily, although the active and the passive routing engine crashed within a few minutes, we were able to solve the issue relatively fast (~ 20 minutes of total downtime). Additionally, we have restored redundancy in the meantime as one of our own technicians arrived at the datacenter about 15 minutes after he received his on-call escalation alert. (No cars were harmed during this mission.)

Best Regards,
    Tim

• S3phyS3phy Member

@PulsedMedia said:
    never even heard of them, a VPS provider?

Yep, with some good sales posted quite a while back.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2020

@PHP_Friends said:
    one of our own technicians arrived at the datacenter about 15 minutes after he received his on-call escalation alert.

And this is what you get if you pay a little above average for your VPS! Thanks @PHP_Friends, stay healthy in these crazy times.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Updated title accordingly. They did not do a hit and run that was being conveyed in the title.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Updated title accordingly. They did not do a hit and run that was being conveyed in the title.

Plus servers didn't actually go down but it was just a network-related outage.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2020

In case you are too young to realize this -

Shit happens. Get used to it.

And also know this: The end is always nigh. Don't take anything for granted.

• @MdT0j said:
    Just switched all my stuff to them yesterday, great timing.

Someone should have told you it was all your fault. LET let me down.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Our statement has been released last night: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr69fp

Thanked by 4angstrom Avoro DP Ympker
  • Got 3 vps with them , only yesterday offline for 30 mins i higly recommend them

Thanked by 2angstrom dataforest

Bumping this thread just to ask whether there's a network issue at this time

My VPS isn't reachable, nor is https://php-friends.de/ (or it's very slow). Can others confirm?

@angstrom said:

My VPS isn't reachable, nor is https://php-friends.de/ (or it's very slow). Can others confirm?

yea

Packet loss report from swiss for Europe.DEUAVORO at Tue Apr 21 15:21:41 2020.
    Loss pattern: 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%

Its dead jimmy.

@angstrom said:

Now reachable

My monitor indicates that my VPS wasn't reachable for 43 mins

edited April 2020

@angstrom said:

@angstrom said:

Now reachable

My monitor indicates that my VPS wasn't reachable for 43 mins

confirmed, its ALIVE AGAIN.
    43 minutes of downtime total here.

Thanked by 1angstrom