Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Colocation

lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
edited March 2020 in General

My business contract with my ISP will eventually end, as I am currently basement hosting ;), so I'm looking to see if prices are cheaper colocating.

What's the cheapest colocation that you know of? (From an okay provider?)

Size: Searching for both 1U and 2U
Power: ~220 watts (1 amp @ 220 volts or 2 amps @ 110 volts)
IP Addresses: Preferably 5+ IPv4s and a lot of IPv6 addresses (Like /64 or /48 will be more than enough)
Network Speed: Preferably 1gbps+
Bandwidth: Preferably 50TB+ or maybe unmetered

Cheapest prices I have found are around $100.

Feel free to post links and/or PM me.

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• Checkout NForce or Databarn for NL. Clouvider for UK.

But you’re never going to get that much bandwidth for that price no matter who you go with.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    You're expecting 100TB on Gigabit for $100/mo?

Updated expectations to 50TB :)

@Jack said:
    Cheapest in the UK is probably https://www.ukservers.com/colocation/server-colocation/

Thanks. Seems very interesting. Prices are good too.

Thanks for the suggestions!

rmlhuk said: Databarn

Is that still around? They are using 2017 copyright, so they obviously haven't updated their site, and their English site version isn't English.

• Isn't there a US provider that does 150TB at gigabit speeds pretty much as their core business?

This isn't colocation, but check if this fits. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163314/usa-dedicated-servers-150tb-bw-ddos-protection-10-gbps-19-gpu-available-instant-setup/p1

Thanked by 1lentro

@TimboJones said:
    Isn't there a US provider that does 150TB at gigabit speeds pretty much as their core business?

This isn't colocation, but check if this fits. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163314/usa-dedicated-servers-150tb-bw-ddos-protection-10-gbps-19-gpu-available-instant-setup/p1

I believe they only have dedicated servers, but I sent them a message anyways. Thanks!

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited March 2020

@lentro said:

@TimboJones said:
    Isn't there a US provider that does 150TB at gigabit speeds pretty much as their core business?

I believe they only have dedicated servers, but I sent them a message anyways. Thanks!

Is your server hardware specialized? You could leave your home setup and just rent hardware in the DC.

@TimboJones said:

@lentro said:

@TimboJones said:

Is your server hardware specialized? You could leave your home setup and just rent hardware in the DC.

Yes, unfortunately in this case. Thank you for your help, though

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

I can offer you colocation in Dallas, TX, USA with the specs you require for under your listed budget.

Order Link: https://nexril.net/order/50/

Thanked by 1lentro
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

For europe contact Serverius
    They offer 100TB+ bandwidth up to 10gbps for free plans starts from 49 euro per month

Thanked by 1lentro

@ViridWeb said:
    They offer 100TB+ bandwidth up to 10gbps for free plans starts from 49 euro per month

Thank you for this suggestion. It seems very reasonable at 59 euros for a 2U server, and fair use @ 1gbps should suit my needs. I am double checking with them, though.

@Lyphiard said:
    I can offer you colocation in Dallas, TX, USA with the specs you require for under your listed budget.

Order Link: https://nexril.net/order/50/

Who are your IP transit and peering providers? (Or what data center do you operate out of so I can check theirs directly?)

• @lentro said:
    Who are your IP transit and peering providers? (Or what data center do you operate out of so I can check theirs directly?)

Found their ASN listed nice and easy to find under the locations page on their site.

AS13830 IPv4 Peers
    AS29802 HIVELOCITY, Inc.
    AS174 Cogent Communications

Thanked by 1lentro

@SolderOtter said:

@lentro said:

Found their ASN listed nice and easy to find under the locations page on their site.

AS13830 IPv4 Peers
    AS29802 HIVELOCITY, Inc.
    AS174 Cogent Communications

I am so stupid. Thank you.

• @lentro said:
    I am so stupid. Thank you.

At first I was being a sarcastic, but that's the same kind of answer I'd give for a brain-fart moment, so it's all good. Happy to help. :tongue:

Thanked by 1lentro
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

@lentro said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thank you for this suggestion. It seems very reasonable at 59 euros for a 2U server, and fair use @ 1gbps should suit my needs. I am double checking with them, though.

You can get a upgraded fair use @ 10gbps bandwidth at no extra cost as well if your server supports that..

• AquaNX is cheap and have been very reliable.

$39/month (no contracts)
    1U
    1Gig unmetered port/line
    1A
    1 IPv4

their info:
    Email us @ [email protected]
    Skype @ AquaNX

I've used them for a few years without issues and then came back again when I got back into hosting. Currently I have two 1U servers running with them; both are non production/mission critical. Both my servers are in San Jose.

• JoeFJoeF Member

@doughnet said:
    AquaNX is cheap and have been very reliable.

$39/month (no contracts)
    1U
    1Gig unmetered port/line
    1A
    1 IPv4

their info:
    Skype @ AquaNX

I've used them for a few years without issues and then came back again when I got back into hosting. Currently I have two 1U servers running with them; both are non production/mission critical. Both my servers are in San Jose.

I have had an awful experience with aquanx they are defiantly DNDW.

• JoeFJoeF Member
    edited March 2020

I would recommend alphavps for Europe. Although I think they are closed because of the Corona virus at the moment.

• @JoeF said:

@doughnet said:

$39/month (no contracts)
    1U
    1Gig unmetered port/line
    1A
    1 IPv4

their info:
    Skype @ AquaNX

Complete opposite with my colo experience.

@JoeF said:

@doughnet said:

$39/month (no contracts)
    1U
    1Gig unmetered port/line
    1A
    1 IPv4

their info:
    Skype @ AquaNX

Could you please elaborate? They have the best prices at the moment (Around $60 for everything included), so I am considering colocating with them.

• mxmodmxmod Member

If you are in the UK and dont care about 19" you can try colocker.co.uk

• I have not used this service and cannot vouch for them, but a quick google search led me to Oplink: link

@PineappleBox said:
    I have not used this service and cannot vouch for them, but a quick google search led me to Oplink: link

Thank you for showing that to me.
    I saw it listed on LEB, which immediately gave me some doubts ;)

Anyways, it seems their price is only for the first month. Then, it hikes up.

With 2 amps, we are looking at $200, which is a bit out of my budget. Thank you for the link, though!

• Just curious: What was your specific bad experience with AquaNX, though? You said “DNDW,” earlier but please elaborate

• @lentro said:

@PineappleBox said:
    I have not used this service and cannot vouch for them, but a quick google search led me to Oplink: link

Thank you for showing that to me.
    I saw it listed on LEB, which immediately gave me some doubts ;)

Anyways, it seems their price is only for the first month. Then, it hikes up.

With 2 amps, we are looking at $200, which is a bit out of my budget. Thank you for the link, though!

Hello, once again, I cannot confirm this as I do not use their service. However, I had used the code "2020," and from their WHMCS panel, it says that the code is valid for a 50% recurring discount. I'd recommend reaching out to their support and verifying this, however, I think it might be worth the time.

• LeviLevi Member

Can we see some photos from basement establishment? I always wondered how such infrastructure is built.

edited March 2020

@LTniger said:
    Can we see some photos from basement establishment? I always wondered how such infrastructure is built.

Servers... in a basement. You’re looking at two old Poweredges that I used to learning/development and a Proliant used for virtualization used for production. Attached to a gigabit switch and onto my ISP (network stuff not in image). I’ve got a UPS too (not in image)

You can join /r/HomeLab on reddit for some home labs

Thanked by 1Levi
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited March 2020

Serverius, 10G line upgrade for free. Unmetered bw.

Thanked by 1vetvetter