Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro - Get Free 50% Credit until to 20-Mar-2020
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro - Get Free 50% Credit until to 20-Mar-2020

I received a promotional email from Hostsolutions.ro.
Thanks @cociu for giving some warmth in this period of time, and it seems that there will be a new VPS offer is coming soon~

==========================Start Line==========================

Dear clients,

We're sending this email to inform you about a new promotion we're running, from 18/03/2020 to 20/03/2020, any client that Top-ups (adds credit) up to 1000€ per client will get an additional 50%.

Small example: Considering you upload 100€, you will get an additional 50€ free of charge, your total credit will be 150€.

Do note that this credit is NOT refundable, so we strongly recommend you to Top-up what you think you will be able spend with us in the next months.

Furthermore, ticket support may be delayed within the next weeks due to the COVID-19 virus, please do bear with us, and avoid opening multiple tickets. Our staff is still working in the issues as we speak, though limited. We're doing our best to ensure your services won't be impacted.

To all our clients, please, #staysafe

Regards,
HostSolutions.ro

==========================End Line==========================

Comments

• PHDanPHDan Member

Ponzi

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

To be honest: For me this sounds like searching for some quick money for fixing their network. I hope they won't bring out any more new offers soon. Even more clients won't make their network better. In my opinion, processing tickets and especially fixing severe internal network problems which have been reported 4 weeks ago, should be done before sending out any 50% promotions. Currently the network is only usable between midnight and 3-6 AM. Maybe that's what happens if you oversubscribe your links to heavily.. Or attract to many seedboxes on to tiny pipes.

However, best wishes, stay healthy, and hopefully on some happy day in the future, a SmokePing from a dedicated server to Google DNS won't look like this anymore. :)

• Sounds like a liquidity risk

• donkodonko Member

no thanks... never again

• I had to cancel my DEDI with them , because it was down for 24 Hours which is not good for me , and now they have network problems , i don't think its time for promotions ,

It time to fix things and get thing better !

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2020

dfroe said: To be honest: For me this sounds like searching for some quick money for fixing their network. I hope they won't bring out any more new offers soon. Even more clients won't make their network better. In my opinion, processing tickets and especially fixing severe internal network problems which have been reported 4 weeks ago, should be done before sending out any 50% promotions

Nothing against you , and i hope you know i am totally transparent like always, at least you are not client from yesterday , but if you cannot understand this period when the delivery is delay (i have buy some pieces almost 1 month ago and was delivered last week) , when a business is take measure to not have all employers in the same time working due of some risck ... etc etc , i will stop share my transparency. About offer i dont think you have see some more offers here start when we have talk wia tiketing system wen we have told you 1 week to fix this (yes i assume this ) but you have my personal apologise for delay all this. Now about have or not money like you refered here "To be honest: For me this sounds like searching for some quick money for fixing their network" this is another discution. I never ask money to buy or fix our problems , i do this offer often in the last year and i dont think is the first email what you get from us with this offer no ? You have benefit it in full so please do not take decisions for me. Now if i "really" need money to fix the network i dont think your stats pic will help me to colect this money for fixing the network , nothing to hide but i think all LET people know yet about this issue due of your stats and is not somethig to hide anyway , but afirm about colect money for such problem and share the stats i dont think will help me anyway. Just my 2 cents.

In all this year`s presented here in LET i have been accused of no suitable offer , no shit , no etc , no no no , but i have prove my continuity in this business and also i have keep my words.
    Yes is hurt so see i am blamed and acused by you because i have been totaly transparent but seems this is not how you like a host to be .. Any way i will not justif me any more. I cannot retract my offer right now because many customers is not from let and is almost imposible to know ho is from let and who is fro another source, this just to proove you i dont need to get money to fix my network.

Way i have do this offer ? will be the last share from backend :

1) is difficult period for many people so instead of lost existing clients i prefere to make a reduction.

2) is a way to compensate our clients for the shit what we have past in the last weeks.

Where this money will be inverted?

verry simple in another existing business what Marius have and is make 3x more profit in this period than a normal period.

@dfroe , you can beleve or not , is your decision.

EDIT : if you think i have not money to fix the network i offer you a big exception to make a full refund of the credit you have any time. I dont think is a good inversion for you to have credit with a risk company wo dont have some reserves in case some parts is broked.

• Didn't get the mail and no announcement in the panel, but I guess it's available to all actual customer ?

• It's not a trash, and it's not a scam. This product isn't for you.

End of topic.

• cociucociu Member

The thread can be closed for me. Thanks.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@ben47955 said:
    Didn't get the mail and no announcement in the panel, but I guess it's available to all actual customer ?

This was sent via email. Did you perhaps opt out of marketing emails? Or, check your spam.

I don't want to justify myself nor was it my intention to push you into that direction. We all have our opinions and they might not always be the same - which is totally fine. I definitely never described your promotions as scam. I used them several times in the past and you always kept your word, adding the 50% on top has never been an issue at all. I just hoped you keep your word in many other aspects as well. One year ago you promised that is would be the last and final 50% promo; I think we had 2 or 3 of them since then. Your promised native IPv6 years ago. Fixing the network problems. And so on. Please: Be cautious when using the word "promise" because it means a lot when you want to build trust. Certain steps like adding another upstream carrier actually worked (although traffic is still using only one connection) and the electricity improved. But if you have a broken network for more than a month, the problems with the packet loss exist since August last year, sometimes more, sometimes less, it is hard to understand why you don't make it first priority to properly fix your internal network. If you deliver good (network) quality, this is the best advertisement you can have. I know this is hard and I know you spent a lot of work and effort in the background. But after several months I would expect some more success. Of course the current situation makes everything a lot more complicated, no doubt about it. But as I said, those issues exist longer than Covid-19. My aim is definitely not to place a more negative reputation on your work. I am only talking from a customer's point of view and the experience during the last months isn't really good. If you make it to deliver a better service, I am the first one to tell the world about it; as I already did in the past. From the contact we have, which goes a bit beyond the typical provider-customer-relationship, which is a great thing about people here on LET, we are both honest people. You are aware of the issues. If you want that people do not associate your offers with bad network quality, just fix your network and let your customers build trust again. I appreciate your offer to refund my credit but to be honest when I gave you my money and shipped my own parts to your datacenter, it was more like trusting a friend. And I don't think this hasn't changed. There are people who love you - it wasn't only Nekki. ;) We do not need to know the actual reasons why you wasn't able to fix your network so far, if it was money, people, time. Just do it. Keep your words; a bit more often. ;) So I am looking forward to better times and I am pretty sure you and your team is capable to provide a better customer experience on the long run.
    Stay healthy!

• PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: LINE BREAKS ARE FREE. :smiley:

Thanked by 2BlaZe FlamesRunner
  • Getting more customer lock in before things get shittier is good business. I like how they even lowered expectations while also taking your money.

• @donko said:
    no thanks... never again

Why?

• @greattomeetyou said:

@donko said:
    no thanks... never again

Why?

Because of the Doctor? Maybe...

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Need a TL;DR version of what @dfroe said

edited March 2020

@BlaZe said:

If you have flat tires, fix them before going on a race you want to win.

• sister needs $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited March 2020

Looks like a cash and run operation.

@BlaZe said:

@Kiwi83 already did that.

@TRASH_DONT_BUY

• @dfroe said:

@BlaZe said:

If you have flat tires, fix them before going on a race you want to win.

Well, it's a race to the bottom so....

• BBTNBBTN Member

@cociu said:

Hi, when will payments made on 20/03/2020 be honored towards your promotional offer?

• cociucociu Member

BBTN said: Hi, when will payments made on 20/03/2020 be honored towards your promotional offer?

if you have upload credit and not received the bonus please open a tiket because is something missing here. Thanks.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • Why you guys are so arrogants with other members here ? Try to respect others and their offers if you dont like the offer why you are commenting ? @dfroe , do not prejudge others , im not protecting this guy @cociu i dont know him but the way you are attacking its not right here , we are humans and the way of communication should be respectful.

All the best

• classical said: Why you guys are so arrogants with other members here ? Try to respect others and their offers if you dont like the offer why you are commenting ? @dfroe , do not prejudge others , im not protecting this guy @cociu i dont know him but the way you are attacking its not right here , we are humans and the way of communication should be respectful.

It seems you might be reading too much into this. Many of us are existing HS customers and @dfroe brought up some legitimate concerns about the viability of purchasing more plans/credit moving forward. He didn't back cociu into a corner, he just wanted some solid answers which cociu was willing to at least partly acknowledge.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

Just out of curiosity, where do you see a personal attack or prejudgement?
    Not to justify myself, just for better understanding.

And regarding the reason to comment if you do not like something: Wouldn't it be wrong especially in a fair and open community to hide bad experiences?

In this particular case some of use are waiting patiently for more than a month to get the network fixed.

This is a recent iperf I ran just right now. I barely exceed 5 Mbit/s. During some other hours I have sometimes seen 10 Mbit/s. And that's on a dedicated server, not a vps.

$ iperf3 -p $((5200+(RANDOM%10))) -c ping.online.net
    Connecting to host ping.online.net, port 5204
    [  5] local 89.35.XX.XX port 52550 connected to 62.210.18.40 port 5208
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr  Cwnd
    [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  3.39 MBytes  28.5 Mbits/sec   13   65.0 KBytes
    [  5]   1.00-2.00   sec  1.24 MBytes  10.4 Mbits/sec    1   43.8 KBytes
    [  5]   2.00-3.00   sec   636 KBytes  5.21 Mbits/sec    4   28.3 KBytes
    [  5]   3.00-4.00   sec   636 KBytes  5.21 Mbits/sec    3   21.2 KBytes
    [  5]   4.00-5.00   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   22.6 KBytes
    [  5]   5.00-6.00   sec   636 KBytes  5.21 Mbits/sec    2   19.8 KBytes
    [  5]   6.00-7.00   sec   636 KBytes  5.22 Mbits/sec    0   32.5 KBytes
    [  5]   7.00-8.00   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    5   15.6 KBytes
    [  5]   8.00-9.00   sec   636 KBytes  5.22 Mbits/sec    1   21.2 KBytes
    [  5]   9.00-10.00  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    2   18.4 KBytes
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
    [  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  7.74 MBytes  6.49 Mbits/sec   32             sender
    [  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  6.32 MBytes  5.30 Mbits/sec                  receiver

I personally do not think it's to high expectations to get such issues properly addressed.
    Let's see, maybe everything will be better in April.

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • kennsannkennsann Member
    edited March 2020

I'd just like to complain as well for my Storage VPS with them, this just happened twice now.

1. Probably a months ago, I needed to SSH into the server to add some things after it has been running for over two months. Then I can't SSH into my server, I know I didn't not make any mistakes with the password, or whatever protection over SSH. So I restarted it via the client control panel. Nothing happened, and now my web apps were no longer loading. Nothing was really that important for me to cry over, so I just said maybe something was corrupted somewhere, so what I did was to reinstall the OS. And the server died. Literally.

I opened a ticket for it to be fixed, what they did was not a manual reset of the server I was in, but they moved me to another node! So that probably means they could no longer do anything with the previous server I had.

1. Fast forward to yesterday. I needed to do the same thing, add some stuff into the server and I went to SSH in, no luck again. Tried to restart in the client panel, still can't SSH into the server and my web apps are all down again. I haven't tried to do an OS reinstall tho, but I think I know where this is going. :/

Over all, dirt cheap, but I guess you get what you paid for.

Edit: Update, reinstalled OS. Worked this time. But still frustrating to do this all over again. :/

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@classical said:
    Why you guys are so arrogants with other members here ? Try to respect others and their offers if you dont like the offer why you are commenting ? @dfroe , do not prejudge others , im not protecting this guy @cociu i dont know him but the way you are attacking its not right here , we are humans and the way of communication should be respectful.

You just joined 6 weeks ago. Go read threads about @cociu over the last few years.

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • @raindog308 said:

@classical said:
    Why you guys are so arrogants with other members here ? Try to respect others and their offers if you dont like the offer why you are commenting ? @dfroe , do not prejudge others , im not protecting this guy @cociu i dont know him but the way you are attacking its not right here , we are humans and the way of communication should be respectful.

You just joined 6 weeks ago. Go read threads about @cociu over the last few years.

Agreed +1

• @raindog308 said:

@classical said:

Again you are making inequality , i dont need to read threads you need to be educated with others you are behaving inhumanly , every human in this world fall down (materially or psychologically) , but we need to get up and not to make worst for him or someone else.