Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSSLIM SCAMMING CLIENTS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSSLIM SCAMMING CLIENTS

Hi

I ordered a vps before 1 month at this website but everything its a mess they claim to provide ddos protection at 250gbps+ but nevermind this was a lie after all i wanted to remove my credit card details from them but there is no option to do that , so i contacted them to remove my card from there and they are just keeping me lie everyday they told me we will remove we will remove and nothing its happening also they dont asnwer support tickets i think they are scammers look the atached pictures below
- In progress 1 month now
I was asking to remove my card in 14 march now is 17 march and they still change the ticket to "Answered" without answering at all.

And i heard of this website by this website i found vpsslim to lowendtalk so anyone please help me with this , they dont want to remove my credit card from them ?

Comments

• Curious, how do you know that the ddos protection doesn’t work?

• classicalclassical Member
    edited March 2020

@seriesn said:
    Curious, how do you know that the ddos protection doesn’t work?

You should be curious about my credit card dude ,btw i runed a game server on it and after 10 mins i got an attack of 2gbps and the vps goes down.

• @classical said:

@seriesn said:

You should be curious about my credit card dude ,btw i runed a game server on it and after 10 mins i got an attack of 2gbps and the vps goes down.

Billing questions, weekends, corona virus. Many things can impact the credit card situation. I would say wait 24 more hours and if you don’t get a proper response, call your CC, request for either a replacement card or block transactions for the provider :)

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited March 2020

@seriesn said:

@classical said:

@seriesn said:

Billing questions, weekends, corona virus. Many things can impact the credit card situation. I would say wait 24 more hours and if you don’t get a proper response, call your CC, request for either a replacement card or block transactions for the provider :)

Thats can be done in 5 seconds to remove my card but i waited 3 days and the same they just change the ticket status to answered , their chat is always offline , also did you see the 1st pic ? i opened a ticket in 28feb and i dont get a response from that date !!

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Ah, the always reliable LowEndBox offers

Thanked by 3netomx imok jixun
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@classical said:

@seriesn said:

10 minutes and a dedis? Wow, you're gold

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2020

@classical said:

@seriesn said:

@classical said:

@seriesn said:

Thats can be done in 5 seconds to remove my card but i waited 3 days and the same they just change the ticket status to answered , their chat is always offline , also did you see the 1st pic ? i opened a ticket in 28feb and i dont get a response from that date !!

Requires an admin. Most likely regular staffs don’t have access to that.

I also seen the other ticket over the weekend that they responded sir. Once status is changed to answered/in progress, it no longer shows up on the default view unless someone pulls up the list. Try following up :”)

• They only had a 72 hour downtime before, it definitely wasn't a red flag. Oh well, don't worry too much. Here are some other providers who might be able to help you:

@HostSlayer
    @VPSlices

/s

• JoeFJoeF Member

VPS slim is owned by host slim. They are absolutely useless even when the world is operating normally. Try contacting him persistently over Skype that is how I was able to get a response from Ralph.

• That is why I used paypal instead of using the card info directly. With paypal you can block and report merchant.

• @jeorlie said:
    That is why I used paypal instead of using the card info directly. With paypal you can block and report merchant.

They dont offer paypal , i will wait until tomorrow and report to the police if i dont get an answer.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

classical said: i will wait until tomorrow and report to the police if i dont get an answer.

And tell them what? That you asked someone from who you signed up for a contract to remove your credit card details 4 days ago? Please tell us how this story ends. :)

If you want to be serious, request them to remove your credit card details within a reasonable period (for example March 27th) and let them do their job. Not every tech support guy will have permissions to twiddle with your stored credit card data.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited March 2020

dfroe said: Not every tech support guy will have permissions to twiddle with your stored credit card data.

The guy who answered the ticket is the owner. Same shitshow for (at least? don't know) 7 years now.

edited March 2020

@dfroe the owner has just asnwered all my tickets but my card its still there, are you blind ?

• Protip: provide detailed replies and don't half ass it.

He asked you what IP you used and you replied, "the one you gave me". That's not a fucking IP, and doesn't help to confirm or deny certain troubleshooting steps. Typos and copy/paste mistakes are very common and need to be ruled out. It's usually easy, except when someone doesn't answer questions properly, dragging things on and on.

You show a screen shot where Support tells you where to remove credit card information AND offers to do it for you, but after this you write "they dont want to remove my credit card from them ?" That just makes you look like you can't read and belligerent. That being said, in the panel, you have the ability to EDIT an existing card, but not delete it. This appears to be a panel limitation, not the provider intentionally being a dick or trying to scam you.

You say they lie every day and don't answer tickets.You have demonstrated neither. As people stated, it's the weekend and might not have access, so had to put in a request to be done Monday. You'll notice the support person made a FUTURE TENSE statement, not saying it was already done. So no lie, and that's not even being lawyer weasely. Also, you show timestamps for Support replies, some being fairly quick. You're mischaracterizing their response completely. You say ticket 1 month in progress, when it's been two weeks, and two different issues. The issue this thread is about is 3 days old, not 30 days.

Asking to have your credit card removed is a totally valid request, especially if the panel doesn't allow you to. But misrepresenting things doesn't help things at all.

If you really need it gone ASAP, you can edit the card to your new credit card number and that will remove your previous Visa. Maybe you can even put a dummy number in its place.

• Last Active
    October 2019

• JoeFJoeF Member

Could you submit a gdpr request to remove all data?

• @JoeF said:
    Could you submit a gdpr request to remove all data?

He did. Asking to remove that kind of data and them not doing so is already a violation.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

Cannot comment on vps slim.
    As for hostslim - they strung me along for 6 weeks without delivering. You can read the whole thing here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1800530

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@SGraf said:
    Cannot comment on vps slim.
    As for hostslim - they strung me along for 6 weeks without delivering. You can read the whole thing here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1800530

Congrats on your first post

I guess that both VPSslim and HostSlim have the same owner? In any case, HostSlim don't sound so good

• Alright, I change my opinion. I believe in, Innocent till proven guilty. But customer service issue seems like a recurring theme :(. Sad...

• @TimboJones said:
    Protip: provide detailed replies and don't half ass it.

He asked you what IP you used and you replied, "the one you gave me". That's not a fucking IP, and doesn't help to confirm or deny certain troubleshooting steps. Typos and copy/paste mistakes are very common and need to be ruled out. It's usually easy, except when someone doesn't answer questions properly, dragging things on and on.

You show a screen shot where Support tells you where to remove credit card information AND offers to do it for you, but after this you write "they dont want to remove my credit card from them ?" That just makes you look like you can't read and belligerent. That being said, in the panel, you have the ability to EDIT an existing card, but not delete it. This appears to be a panel limitation, not the provider intentionally being a dick or trying to scam you.

You say they lie every day and don't answer tickets.You have demonstrated neither. As people stated, it's the weekend and might not have access, so had to put in a request to be done Monday. You'll notice the support person made a FUTURE TENSE statement, not saying it was already done. So no lie, and that's not even being lawyer weasely. Also, you show timestamps for Support replies, some being fairly quick. You're mischaracterizing their response completely. You say ticket 1 month in progress, when it's been two weeks, and two different issues. The issue this thread is about is 3 days old, not 30 days.

Asking to have your credit card removed is a totally valid request, especially if the panel doesn't allow you to. But misrepresenting things doesn't help things at all.

If you really need it gone ASAP, you can edit the card to your new credit card number and that will remove your previous Visa. Maybe you can even put a dummy number in its place.

Dude there is no option to remove my card from them and you should not writed all this roman without reading my post after all.

• @classical said:

@TimboJones said:
    Protip: provide detailed replies and don't half ass it.

Dude there is no option to remove my card from them and you should not writed all this roman without reading my post after all.

Lol. Ironic, since I read yours but you didn't read mine. Just don't be surprised if you have trouble placing orders at the next place you want to order from.

• Hostslim is a legit company, I don't have experience with their customer support but all I can say it's not a scam operation.

If bad support means scam then OVH is a huge scam.

• classical said: anyone please help me with this

What exactly are you expecting people here to do for you? Seems like you are just venting.

• It takes time for them to reply. Its a frustrating experience but you need to keep contacting them via livechat and skype. Do not expect quick support. It usually takes them 7 days to do anything. I still use them for non-production stuff and this thing hasn't changed one bit.