Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there really free VPS without credit cards?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there really free VPS without credit cards?

I have been looking for a free VPS for testing purpose over the last couple of years. I don't have credit cards or I am not willing to expose my credit cards to the Web, in order to protect myself. However, there are no ready to use free VPS for me to test before buying.

Four biggest free VPS providers - Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Oracle - all request you for credit cards, they scare me away. Several smaller VPS providers do the same thing. Those without such requirements impose other restrictions, such as a reciprocal links, posting reviews or comments on their forums. There are even VPS providers that are just phishing your data, without any further information after I have ordered their free accounts.

Results: no free VPS without creditcard requirements in its real sense. In another words, there are no free VPS in the same sense as free virtual hosting. Although free hosting is of low quality, still you can get them in abundance. But you cannot get free VPS as easy as free hosting. Why?

Can anyone share your information and experiences?

Comments

• Because if I were to offer free virtual servers, I would almost always result in a monetary net loss. Plus, I would open myself up to a whole lot of abuse if I don't check your details, etc.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • yes there are Free VPS Server without giving credit card information to them but Experts have always advised not to go for Free hosting as there are many Limitations relating to it.

• Anyone who has any legitimacy will not offer free vps without card, just setting the nodes up for abuse.

Just use a burner card through privacy or someone similar with a $1 max of your looking for a trial. At somepoint have to expose your info online if you want to rent services

Thanked by 1lentro
  • RecDRecD Member

Euserv offers free IPv6 VPS at the moment..
    And you don’t need a credit card to apply

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@globalone said: But you cannot get free VPS as easy as free hosting. Why?

Congrats on your first post

Let me ask: what do you offer for free that could easily attract abuse?

Thanked by 1lentro
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • Try mzunguhosting.ml

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep

globalone said: But you cannot get free VPS as easy as free hosting. Why?

Free Webhosting can be run cheaply, VPSs not so much.
    And, with a VPS you can do a lot more abuse than with Webhosting.

Keep in mind; there is nothing really fore free in this World. You always pay with something. In this case, they make the bet that you will eventually use/need more resources (that's why you need to add a Credit card) or buy another service..
    +They get some more data to use from you ;)

• Get a prepaid credit card, problem solved. Not willing to use a credit card online is just a lame excuse. Topic title should be: Looking for free anonymous VPS, which don't exist.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • If you've been looking as you stated for years then don't you think you're time wouldve been better spent working for an hour and just buying one? Nothings truly free in life, always sacrifice something

• post4vps.com

free vps for posts.

• @perryoo11

There's the string though, posting on a forum ;)

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @perryoo11

no credit card needed

• @perryoo11 said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @perryoo11

no credit card needed

@globalone said:
    Those without such requirements impose other restrictions, such as a reciprocal links, posting reviews or comments on their forums. There are even VPS providers that are just phishing your data, without any further information after I have ordered their free accounts.

• @FlamesRunner said:

@perryoo11 said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @perryoo11

no credit card needed

@globalone said:
    Those without such requirements impose other restrictions, such as a reciprocal links, posting reviews or comments on their forums. There are even VPS providers that are just phishing your data, without any further information after I have ordered their free accounts.

Alright.

but for a little effort i can say that post4vps is a free place to get a free vps.
    no data hoarding intended. (as admin there i can tell that we like to know who we are giving the vps to).

• @perryoo11

Not denying that you have a (relatively) easy way to obtain a server without a monthly monetary cost, but in essence your price is to make posts on your forum. This in itself is a trade of services in a sense; so I wouldn't classify it as free because one must put a set amount of time in it each month.

Sure, you may not collect a wad of personal information either. Good! But the thing the OP asked for was a no strings attached, free virtual server with no verification, etc.

It is the "no strings attached" part that makes it difficult (and I would say nearly impossible) to provide without the provider losing out in every possible way in most cases whether it'd be financially, legally, etc.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • VirtualBox/KVM on PC/laptop and TunnelBroker. Perfect for free vps!!

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited March 2020

@globalone said:
    But you cannot get free VPS as easy as free hosting. Why?

Beside being able to charge you money asking for credit card also makes (well, almost) sure:

1. You won't open 6 accounts for example (when something is free the demand is endless, that's a basic rule in economy).

2. Your identity is real. So you probably won't use that VPS for committing crimes (If you have such an intention or will have later).

3. Credit cards (vs debit cards/prepaid cards) also mean some bank already trusted you with a credit line - that adds some guarantee you're a positive guy

4. Maybe most important, you're a real potential client - Always one click ahead of becoming a paid user when you chose to (given the suitable deal/promo etc.)

You can't argue that from provider perspective all the above makes a lot of sense. World isn't perfect and VPS resources are limited and come with costs.

Of course you shouldn't trust dubious providers with your cards but since Google/Microsoft/Amazon/Oracle also scare you I think you're an exception.

How about PayPal? Some providers will add extra credits for free when you top up fixed balances through PayPal... yes it won't be totally free but that's another way to enjoy free usage time without giving providers your card (well, if you trust PayPal to begin with...) .

Also after some time & activity in LowEndTalk you'll be able to request a free VPS from projects like NanoKVM / FreeMach in this forum. So be a fruitful member!

Good luck!

Thanked by 2TimboJones mlc
  • donkodonko Member

alibaba cloud gives 1 year free vps, capped 1Mbps xD, you can verify account with paypal

• Thank you for all of your comments. In fact I have been using paid VPSs for years, but I dont think they are providing the services I have expected, and my websites are not very much successful, therefore I don't want to pay for further VPSs, that is the reasons why I want to use a free VPS service for now, unless there is enough reason to resume paid services.

• AutizmoAutizmo Member
    edited March 2020

I don't think I've ever given @Francisco my credit card info. I always pay with crypto. There's no free trial but cheapest one is like $2/mo so it's not much.

• @reikuzan said:
    Try mzunguhosting.ml

https : //limitlesshost.net

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@amarcc said:

@reikuzan said:
    Try mzunguhosting.ml

https : //limitlesshost dot net are spammers

And now you're shilling or spamming

No congrats on your second post

• There's an extremely small service that I am aware of giving 1gb memory, 2vCPU's and 15GB disk NAT KVM's without root access (To students), for free. It's resold from OVH but they also make money off schools purchasing their higher plans for IT lessons.

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited March 2020

UPDATE:

I found vpsfree.cz. I've tested it out and it seems to work fine. I am not sure if this is a permanently free service, but it's been running fine without any credit card info (I also signed up with fake info, for safety reasons). Here's some bench.sh results:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 8
    CPU frequency        : 2399.897 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 120.0 GB (0.2 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 4096 MB (21 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 5 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    OS                   : Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 3.16.6-042stab141.42
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 680 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 634 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 778 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 697.3 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         29.8MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           2.68MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.06MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           15.2MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           36.1MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             4.74MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           9.79MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          14.3MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            35.4MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.84MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          11.5MB/s      

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited March 2020

@PineappleBox said:
    UPDATE:

I found vpsfree.cz. I've tested it out and it seems to work fine. I am not sure if this is a permanently free service, but it's been running fine without any credit card info (I also signed up with fake info, for safety reasons). Here's some bench.sh results:

CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 8
    CPU frequency        : 2399.897 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 120.0 GB (0.2 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 4096 MB (21 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 5 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    OS                   : Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 3.16.6-042stab141.42
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 680 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 634 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 778 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 697.3 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         29.8MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           2.68MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.06MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           15.2MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           36.1MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             4.74MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           9.79MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          14.3MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            35.4MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.84MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          11.5MB/s      

(Google Translate)
    After testing within a week
    pay the membership fee
    900 CZK or 36 € for three months

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2020

@PineappleBox

It took me about one minute to figure out you're only getting that for free for a week.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @PineappleBox said:
    There's an extremely small service that I am aware of giving 1gb memory, 2vCPU's and 15GB disk NAT KVM's without root access (To students), for free. It's resold from OVH but they also make money off schools purchasing their higher plans for IT lessons.

That's pretty useless. Shared hosting is better at that point.

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited March 2020

@TimboJones said:

@PineappleBox said:
    There's an extremely small service that I am aware of giving 1gb memory, 2vCPU's and 15GB disk NAT KVM's without root access (To students), for free. It's resold from OVH but they also make money off schools purchasing their higher plans for IT lessons.

That's pretty useless. Shared hosting is better at that point.

Not really. It comes pre-installed with a full Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop installation, and LAMP. You can also request packages from them via support, and there's a lot less that you can do with shared hosting, not to mention, you'll get better performance (They have 2.4GHz Xeon's, unmetered bandwidth and I've gotten upwards of 680mbps read/write on their disks).