Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New 2020 Dedicated Server Prices from $19/mo *fully managed*100% confidential* in Riga, Latvia - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New 2020 Dedicated Server Prices from $19/mo *fully managed*100% confidential* in Riga, Latvia

2»

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Honestly, I wonder why you have to reply in such way. You don't have to be passive-aggressive and I doubt things will become better.

@friendly_host One last question, I noticed that the license is now valid again. Have you did anything that caused the license to change from invalid to valid?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said:
    Honestly, I wonder why you have to reply in such way. You don't have to be passive-aggressive and I doubt things will become better.

@friendly_host One last question, I noticed that the license is now valid again. Have you did anything that caused the license to change from invalid to valid?

The license is linked to the account here on LET. There’s a policy/condition whereby when it detects the LET account is banned, it activates the WHMCS license.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @FAT32 said:
    One last question, I noticed that the license is now valid again. Have you did anything that caused the license to change from invalid to valid?

conflicted steve harvey

• In all honesty - you broke the ban evasion rule, so your second account needs to be banned as well.
    Nobody owes you any explanation, you shit your pants - you get to deal with the mess and smell.

• @FAT32 said:

Hmm... let me think... may be because our account was banned for life for no reason? When police pulls you over for speeding but you weren't actually speeding? When you're called a shoplifter but you haven't stolen anything? You remain calm and relaxed? OK. Your last question proves you have no idea what is going on whatsoever and what was the reason why the licence expired previous time...

You know how this situation would be solved on another forum? A moderator would contact us via PM, introduce himself and ask politely what was the issue with the licence. We would provide the explanation via PM. Issue solved.

How things are managed here: moderator posts a comment (disguising it right between all-out aggressive comments by bullies and trolls), then he gets aggravated for being called a "whmcs nazi" and bans the account for life immediately. He also ignores (or is too lazy to check?) previous communication with the provider on the same issue (where the reason has been mentioned and issue solved, account re-enabled). The provider has no chance to prove it was a mistake as they're locked out of the forum. The provider involved is a multi-million $ company. Meanwhile teens with self-hosted servers in their parents' basements keep selling services on LET. Awesome!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

So why is this alt account not banned for ban evasion yet?

Edit: thanks!

• @t0ny0 said:
    In all honesty - you broke the ban evasion rule, so your second account needs to be banned as well.
    Nobody owes you any explanation, you shit your pants - you get to deal with the mess and smell.

Lifetime ban was a mistake which needs to be corrected. This account was created with this sole purpose and can be deleted after our main account's access is restored.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

One you can always submit a ticket to https://support.lowendtalk.com to appeal a ban. This isn't the first time you're WHMCS license has been invalid. It's not up to us to verify why WHMCS is not showing correctly. It's for you to work with them to make sure it's working correctly.

Thanked by 2angstrom Clouvider

@friendly_host said:
    Hmm... let me think... may be because our account was banned for life for no reason? When police pulls you over for speeding but you weren't actually speeding? When you're called a shoplifter but you haven't stolen anything? You remain calm and relaxed? OK. Your last question proves you have no idea what is going on whatsoever and what was the reason why the licence expired previous time...

I did mention why you were banned. For not being able to prove the validity of your WHMCS license on the official site. Besides that, it is not just "WHMCS nazi", you did call us "LET nazi" previously:

I wonder why you just like to use this word a lot, it will cause confusion / anger for people.

You know how this situation would be solved on another forum? A moderator would contact us via PM, introduce himself and ask politely what was the issue with the licence. We would provide the explanation via PM. Issue solved.

I believe people would prefer things to be more transparent, that's why I am just posting in the thread and I believe I am not impolite as well.

How things are managed here: moderator posts a comment (disguising it right between all-out aggressive comments by bullies and trolls), then he gets aggravated for being called a "whmcs nazi" and bans the account for life immediately. He also ignores (or is too lazy to check?) previous communication with the provider on the same issue (where the reason has been mentioned and issue solved, account re-enabled). The provider has no chance to prove it was a mistake as they're locked out of the forum. The provider involved is a multi-million $ company. Meanwhile teens with self-hosted servers in their parents' basements keep selling services on LET. Awesome!

It is not too hard to read the title beside my username, I don't think this require someone to be familiar with the forum. By the time you got your provider tag, you should already have basic understanding of the forum.

I DID NOT ignore the previous communication and in fact I am one of the mods that ask other mods to give you another chance. I am well aware of the previous communication and I thought it was just a honest mistake.

As I said earlier, you have the chance to prove it. I waited you for days before you have time to check out my reply. I already gave you the chance to prove it but you wasted it by giving those abusive comments. I am wondering why you always have to be passive-aggressive, what triggered you?

I don't care even if you are a billion dollars company as I am just working voluntarily. We even warned OVH when they did something wrong as well. People don't earn my respect just because they are a big company, they earn my respect when they also respect each others regardless of their position.

Thanked by 2angstrom Falzo
  • This is why people call LET inbred sometimes. Same old providers ganging on new ones and ltniger calling for pitchforks on message 6 already.

If the host was banned for invalid whmcs configuration of course he would be mad since he pays for it anyway.

If he still had something to say due to a premature ban, of course he would make a second account to clear things up.

as for his responses, they were inappropriate and he could had been more chill rather than attacking the mods with his words.

Hes childish with those fuhrer comments and I have no idea what his "100% confidental" means, but its a legit host and new face here anyway.

Do you guys really have to make this so hostile for new providers? Competition and variety would be nice.. even for LET.

Thanked by 2labomba84 dosai
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@stefeman said: Do you guys really have to make this so hostile for new providers? Competition and variety would be nice.. even for LET.

It all started because they were displaying an invalid WHMCS license, and not because they were/are a new provider

Anyway, they can appeal the ban, but somehow it remains mysterious why they were displaying an invalid WHMCS license twice

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@angstrom said:

@stefeman said: Do you guys really have to make this so hostile for new providers? Competition and variety would be nice.. even for LET.

It all started because they were displaying an invalid WHMCS license, and not because they were/are a new provider

Anyway, they can appeal the ban, but somehow it remains mysterious why they were displaying an invalid WHMCS license twice

And on top of that, after being banned or called out, license is all of a sudden activated 😀

Thanked by 2angstrom Clouvider
  • honestly regardless of what happens they should stay banned. 19$ dedi+ "fully managed" should've been enough of a red flag to begin with. not worth the long term risk even if they do get licensing issues sorted.

• @FAT32 said:

How brave and courageous of you to first ban me and then post a reply, knowing I won't be able to answer. :smiley:

@friendly_host said:

I did mention why you were banned. For not being able to prove the validity of your WHMCS license on the official site.

This still stands: Your last question proves you have no idea what is going on whatsoever and what was the reason why the licence expired previous time...

Besides that, it is not just "WHMCS nazi", you did call us "LET nazi" previously:

I wonder why you just like to use this word a lot, it will cause confusion / anger for people.

I didn't address it to you specifically but to an aggressive cyberbully attacking us. If attacked, I will hit back instantly that's the kind of person I am.

I believe people would prefer things to be more transparent, that's why I am just posting in the thread and I believe I am not impolite as well.

I already mentioned I was inattentive enough - there were two posts with whmcs screenshots one by you and one by some troll and I mixed them up. My fault, sorry.

It is not too hard to read the title beside my username, I don't think this require someone to be familiar with the forum. By the time you got your provider tag, you should already have basic understanding of the forum.

Still I missed your mod badge believe it or not. Sorry my fault.

I DID NOT ignore the previous communication and in fact I am one of the mods that ask other mods to give you another chance. I am well aware of the previous communication and I thought it was just a honest mistake.

So if you didn't ignore our previous communication why are you asking all these questions? You should be aware of the reason why our licence showed as expired. It means you banned our account deliberately already knowing we're legit? Please explain...

As I said earlier, you have the chance to prove it. I waited you for days before you have time to check out my reply. I already gave you the chance to prove it but you wasted it by giving those abusive comments. I am wondering why you always have to be passive-aggressive, what triggered you?

Emmm... maybe a flood of comments from bullies and trolls?

I don't care even if you are a billion dollars company as I am just working voluntarily. We even warned OVH when they did something wrong as well. People don't earn my respect just because they are a big company, they earn my respect when they also respect each others regardless of their position.

So did you give them the lifetime ban too? Maybe we too can get away with a warning instead of a lifetime ban? :smiley:

So all this shady stuff makes me think you're protecting your long-term members and maybe you're also getting paid by them? I'll just leave this here:

Haha do you love us too? When was the last time you checked their whmcs licence? Can we pay you to bump our thread? :wink:

I mean, I naively thought a mod should be objective...

• @james50a said:
    honestly regardless of what happens they should stay banned. 19$ dedi+ "fully managed" should've been enough of a red flag to begin with. not worth the long term risk even if they do get licensing issues sorted.

Thanks, Sherlock! It's really a risk, a long-term risk since 2009! :smiley:

• @labomba84 said:

@james50a said:
    honestly regardless of what happens they should stay banned. 19$ dedi+ "fully managed" should've been enough of a red flag to begin with. not worth the long term risk even if they do get licensing issues sorted.

Thanks, Sherlock! It's really a risk, a long-term risk since 2009! :smiley:

Do you actually expect to have your ban removed by doing ban evasion AGAIN?

Thanked by 1gazmull
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

This is getting out of hand now, ban evasion x 2. /thread

@labomba84 said:
    How brave and courageous of you to first ban me and then post a reply, knowing I won't be able to answer. :smiley:

I know the thread is closed but to clear some things up. I am not the one banned you and if I would like to ban you I would have banned you earlier.

So all this shady stuff makes me think you're protecting your long-term members and maybe you're also getting paid by them? I'll just leave this here:

Haha do you love us too? When was the last time you checked their whmcs licence? Can we pay you to bump our thread? :wink:

I thought your apologies were sincere just now but I think I was wrong. First, the thread is sinked means any new comments will not trigger a bump. Second, believe it or not, the last time I checked their license is the same time I checked yours because I want to make sure it is not WHMCS's system fault.

I think there is no point continuing about this discussion because all I can see from your comments are also hates.

This discussion has been closed.