Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help beta test new API-first hosted email system and get 6 months of free service post beta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help beta test new API-first hosted email system and get 6 months of free service post beta

mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap.co (Cyberlabs s.r.o. CZ & Cyberlabs Inc. USA) has been providing enterprise email solutions at affordable prices since 2015.

We're happy to announce the beta launch of our new API-first hosted email platform and would like your participation and valuable feedback. You would receive 6 months of free service post beta (plus 3 months if you find the hidden easter egg!)

Introducing the New Mail System (NMS)

The New Mail System (NMS) is an API first hosted email platform from Mailcheap. It enables you to control every facet of an email system using the API, even the GUI is entirely built on top of it.

In addition to supporting SMTP, IMAP & POP protocols for sending/fetching emails, it also has native contacts (CardDAV) & calendaring (shareable, CalDAV) support, two-factor authentication (2FA) and an automatic migration feature (more on that below).

In essence, NMS allows complete programmatic access to email administration (via HTTPS API) and usage (through existing SMTP/IMAP/POP protocols), thereby providing seamless integration with your existing systems.

System features

• 100% API support for email administration
  • Responsive, modern HTML5 frontend (GUI)
  • Blazing fast (after the first few page loads!) GUI built entirely in client-side Javascript
  • Multiple permission levels including MasterAdmin (dedicated servers), DomainAdmin (shared servers, provisioned during/after beta) and MailUser -- more on that below
  • Automatic migration feature -- more on that below
  • TOTP based two-factor authentication (2FA)
  • IMAP / POP / SMTP support
  • Complete control over your data with dedicated server: ability to backup calendaring/contacts data and email data.

Mail features

• Domains with SDR, DKIM, antispam thresholds and antispam whitelist/blacklist controls
  • Mailboxes
  • Aliases & forwards
  • Sender addresses
  • Domain aliases
  • Relay domains with antispam thresholds and antispam whitelist/blacklist controls
  • Import / export above items
  • Contacts (CardDAV)
  • Calendar (shareable, CalDAV)
  • Server-side message filters based on sieve
  • Server-side vacation autoreply based on sieve

Webmails

• Roundcube: default and recommended webmail with contacts (CardDAV) and calendar (CalDAV) support
  • Rainloop: alternate webmail

Permission levels

• MailUser is the permission level with ability to send and receive emails.
  • DomainAdmin administers all MailUsers of domains belonging to them.
  • MasterAdmin administers all admins & MailUsers and has access to server-wide configuration.

Auto migration

Auto migration enables you to migrate users and their emails without resetting passwords, importing them into the system manually or performing email data migration for each user

How it works

• Set up auto migration for a domain with your existing (source) IMAP server details
  • Your users can then sign up from the login page
  • The system checks their credentials with the source IMAP server, creates an account for them and migrates the emails

Images

https://imgur.com/a/DpVyQ6L

Order beta plan

Basic-10G-NMS

• Unlimited Domains | Unlimited Users | Shared compute | 10 GB email quota | Order
  • Promo code: BETA-WEGQI9P71I (choose semi-annual billing term)
  • Invite link to Discord server for collaboration during beta: https://discord.gg/DvDgQhv

By participating in the beta you agree to our Terms of Service (https://www.mailcheap.co/legal.html). All orders must pass fraud check, your participation requires at a minimum weekly feedback through email and/or Discord. We reserve the right to refuse participation for suspicious orders and/or accounts.

Thanked by 2uptime Ganonk

Comments

• Seems good! Keep up the good work.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • bollebolle Member

I signed up for beta plan, received welcome email and order confirmation (6886963392), but was never able to login to client area.

If i try to login, it tells me that password is not ok. If I try to retrieve forgotten password, it tells me "No client account was found with the email address you entered".

I was really looking forward to try the API. I have several clients' whose email accounts and forwarders I would transfer right away. I wouldn't even mind paying for the beta plan (if that's the concern).

• very interesting, i'm use mailgun now, want to switch alternative.
    any email limit xxx/hour or xxx/day?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@bolle The order failed fraud check and the account was auto-closed, sorry about that. Please PM me if you'd like to verify manually.

any email limit xxx/hour or xxx/day?

@LightBlade Yes, since this is a shared service and uses Premium relay (external SMTP relay for high deliverability) it has sending limits to prevent abuse and maintain IP reputation.

Kind regards,
    Pavin Joseph.

• @mailcheap do you have an idea of what would be the price after the beta? Is it the $2 per month it shows right now?

@Mariomk said:
    @mailcheap do you have an idea of what would be the price after the beta? Is it the $2 per month it shows right now?

Yes, the prices would remain the same.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

mailcheap said: Multiple permission levels including MasterAdmin (dedicated servers)

Is this something that's going to offered as a self hosted solution when ready then?

Screenshots of UI look good!

@Mr_Tom said:

mailcheap said: Multiple permission levels including MasterAdmin (dedicated servers)

Is this something that's going to offered as a self hosted solution when ready then?

Screenshots of UI look good!

Thank you, there are plans to open source the front-end in the future but not the API so self hosted front-end is a possibility.

Pavin.

• @mailcheap said:

@Mariomk said:
    @mailcheap do you have an idea of what would be the price after the beta? Is it the $2 per month it shows right now?

Thanks for the quick reply, what is the actual difference between this and your regular service?

edited March 2020

@Mariomk said:

@mailcheap said:

@Mariomk said:

Thanks for the quick reply, what is the actual difference between this and your regular service?

The current service (products) would be updated to the New Mail System (NMS) once it goes into production in April 2020. Existing customers who wish to migrate can use the automatic migration feature to migrate to the new system without much friction.

Pavin.

Thanked by 1Mariomk
  • Placed an order and got maxmind error, sent a ticket and support staff asked Government issued ID. So to test a service you want full ID verification? FYI I signed up using correct address and home broadband IP.

@TheKiller said:
    Placed an order and got maxmind error, sent a ticket and support staff asked Government issued ID. So to test a service you want full ID verification? FYI I signed up using correct address and home broadband IP.

Sorry about that, but the order must pass fraud check or be manually verified. If it makes any difference, we do not keep the requested data for more than 6 months.

Pavin.

• @mailcheap said:

@TheKiller said:
    Placed an order and got maxmind error, sent a ticket and support staff asked Government issued ID. So to test a service you want full ID verification? FYI I signed up using correct address and home broadband IP.

Sorry about that, but the order must pass fraud check or be manually verified. If it makes any difference, we do not keep the requested data for more than 6 months.

Pavin.

No thanks. I wouldn't use your service even if it is useful. If you ask ID for even beta service, that is a no go for me thanks.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@TheKiller you sound a little butt hurt.

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:

No, the way it worked is nonsense. Same address and IP worked at another provider here at LET without an issue. And that was a working (not beta test) service.

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

No, the way it worked is nonsense. Same address and IP worked at another provider here at LET without an issue.

Maybe they weren't using Maxmind? If you have a dynamic IP, it could mean someone did something naughty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) before you were assigned it.

And that was a working (not beta test) service.

The service is very much working as its a late stage beta, to date we haven't received any reports of something not working, only suggestions on how something could work better.

Pavin.

• WolfWolf Member

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

No, the way it worked is nonsense. Same address and IP worked at another provider here at LET without an issue. And that was a working (not beta test) service.

Why should they let you (ab)use their infrastructure and ruin their reputation? It's not like they rejected you for made up reasons, but instead just asked for verification... which is pretty fine by my standards. If you are not "interested enough" or just act as bitchy as you are butthort now, they should be glad and thank Maxmind for the detection.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Why should they let you (ab)use their infrastructure and ruin their reputation? It's not like they rejected you for made up reasons, but instead just asked for verification... which is pretty fine by my standards. If you are not "interested enough" or just act as bitchy as you are butthort now, they should be glad and thank Maxmind for the detection.

So you think everyone who don't agree providing ID for small things are abusers? I see an intellectual in you. Keep wandering.

• WolfWolf Member

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

So you think everyone who don't agree providing ID for small things are abusers? I see an intellectual in you. Keep wandering.

Yeah... exactly my point. Heck. You are so smart!

• @Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Yeah... now go back to school and learn something instead of trying to be a police here. This was none of your business, I was referring to the provider, if you are the provider, let me know.

• WolfWolf Member

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Yeah... now go back to school and learn something instead of trying to be a police here. This was none of your business, I was referring to the provider, if you are the provider, let me know.

Oh noes. How harsh... you directly hit my heart.

Love strangers to post publicly, get butthurt and then tell others what to do... as if I'd care. Just having some fun here, messing around with you. Thanks for joining in! :smiley:

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Oh noes. How harsh... you directly hit my heart.

Love strangers to post publicly, get butthurt and then tell others what to do... as if I'd care. Just having some fun here, messing around with you. Thanks for joining in! :smiley:

I can see your burning ass with my comments, this must have been hurting hard, well sorry for this, I would try to make it less hurting for you next time.

• expired, FYI.

• @TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Dude, all you're doing is showing what a shitty customer you'd be. For all we know, your previous provider added you to a shit disturber list and that's why you got flagged.

Thanked by 2doghouch bugrakoc
  • @TimboJones said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Dude, all you're doing is showing what a shitty customer you'd be. For all we know, your previous provider added you to a shit disturber list and that's why you got flagged.

I never had any maxmind error before, why are you trying to be shit and clever due calling others shit? So dudes like you always thinks that a false positive is actually is positive? Move and get some life instead of crying on others comments.

• @mailcheap
    to bring the convo back to yourself and the service, do you have a plugin for cpanel to auto add new accounts etc?

@ginner159 said:
    @mailcheap
    to bring the convo back to yourself and the service, do you have a plugin for cpanel to auto add new accounts etc?

It certainly is possible to develop a plugin for cPanel using the API. Our reseller plans would include one for WHMCS.

Pavin.

• @TheKiller said:
    never had any maxmind error before

So what? Your IP working before !⇒
    working now.

@TheKiller said:
    So dudes like you always thinks that a false positive is actually is positive?

No one said that a false positive ⇒ positive.

• @TheKiller said:

@TimboJones said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

I never had any maxmind error before, why are you trying to be shit and clever due calling others shit? So dudes like you always thinks that a false positive is actually is positive? Move and get some life instead of crying on others comments.

I've been flagged before when signing up for new service. I just sent in a ticket confirming my name, address and what I'd use it for and got a quick reply that it shouldn't be a problem anymore. And it wasn't. And the world continued to turn.

The fact that you can't give your real name is a red flag. Otherwise, people make choices on what services they wish to share that info with or not, but they move on without whining about it.

• @TimboJones said:

@TheKiller said:

@TimboJones said:

@TheKiller said:

@Wolf said:

@TheKiller said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

I've been flagged before when signing up for new service. I just sent in a ticket confirming my name, address and what I'd use it for and got a quick reply that it shouldn't be a problem anymore. And it wasn't. And the world continued to turn.

The fact that you can't give your real name is a red flag. Otherwise, people make choices on what services they wish to share that info with or not, but they move on without whining about it.

Good for you if you don't hesitate in giving your ID for small things. I won't. However I can see your way of thinking, that if anyone don't want to give ID they are red flag bla bla bla. lol