Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Free Panels for OpenLitespeed Webserver!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Free Panels for OpenLitespeed Webserver!

Hello,
I have searched nearly everywhere but I have not Seen any Official Support by Free Panel Developers for OpenLitespeed. Why is this So? I am interested in VirtualMin or VestaCP but none tell how to Successfully use Litespeed with it. I anyone can Help!

Comments

• cyberpanel should help you.

• AndruAndru Member

definetly CyberPanel.

• @niceboy said:
    cyberpanel should help you.

Yes. But the Problem is that I am Interested in 4GB Ram VPS but Cyberpanel is Free for Only 2GB Ram Limit. So, it is of no use.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for cyberpanel

• Cyberpanel is free for any ram limit. You are referring to the free LiteSpeed enterprise license which is limited to 2GB. You can opt during installation to use openlitespeed.

• @hennaboy said:
    Cyberpanel is free for any ram limit. You are referring to the free LiteSpeed enterprise license which is limited to 2GB. You can opt during installation to use openlitespeed.

I don't Understand If I use Openlitespeed with CyberPanel then there is no Ram Limit. Seriously! Could you please refer me a link.

• +1 cyberpanel but if you are going with vps then why u dont with the provider which offers free Directadmin Licenses ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Signup with a host that includes free DirectAdmin ;)

Francisco

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

Francisco

or go with buyvm.net

• Personally, I would go with DirectAdmin and OpenLitespeed setup rather than CyberPanel. Not because CyberPanel is bad, I just prefer DirectAdmin. I’ve got a a test server up with DA/OLS on CentOS 8 and it’s great.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Awesome service from Fran

Thanked by 2Francisco DA_Mark
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Go with BuyVM and get free DirectAdmin, DirectAdmin is prem and so is @Francisco

Thanked by 2Francisco DA_Mark
  • DA openlitespeed requires custom configuration and finding all the config which has been split over several files.

Cyberpanel you can use the openlitespeed webadmin and configure direct in there which is easier for those that have never used openlitespeed before.

DA with openlitespeed is for the more experienced openlitespeed user.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

DA on its own required system admin skills, as not all functions are control via control panel, so ssh and Linux knowledge is required.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • I think best of your choice is Cyberpanel. Its Free

• CyberPanel is releasing their v2, a jump from v1.95, bring a few important features. It's worth trying for new beginners.

• systemfreakssystemfreaks Member, Patron Provider

I would suggest Direct Admin it works and there is plenty of support,

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • Big thanks to everyone who was kind enough to suggest DA.

@hanzen -- there are a few VPS providers offering DirectAdmin for free... @Francisco already mentioned that he does.

Keeping on topic, we are the only ones who offer a 60 day free license that is fully functional (not a single feature crippled) so that is another way to get your server configured with OpenLiteSpeed. This is true even if you let the demo expire... you won't be able to login to DA, but everything else will continue to function perfectly.

Commercial software does have some value, and there's a reason you can search nearly everywhere but not find what you want for free. I believe we are the only ones who bridge this gap by offering a personal license that works out to only $2/month... fully understanding that there are people who are willing to chip in for commercial software, but not empty their wallets for it either...

At any rate, if you are planning on a static setup and just wanting to get everything configured (for free) just create an account on our site and generate your own free license. No games, no credit card required. You will have 60 days to configure everything the way you want. Or, just go with a host that offers this for cheap/free forever :)

• +1 for cyberpanel.

DirectAdmin is prem

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • *DirectAdmin was prem. There are way better monthly paid panels than DA (looking at PLESK). But this topic is about free panel. So You are limited to cyberpanel.

@Ponury_Typ said:
    *DirectAdmin was prem. There are way better monthly paid panels than DA (looking at PLESK). But this topic is about free panel. So You are limited to cyberpanel.

You aren't limited to cyberpanel at all, many providers give DA for free.

• Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited April 2020

There is no such thing as free. The price of DA is included in the price of the service. Please stop being naive about that.

Plus its always better to pick a solution that won't lock you to the specific service provider.

@Ponury_Typ said:
    There is no such thing as free. The price of DA is included in the price of the service. Please stop being naive about that.

Plus its always better to pick a solution that won't lock you to the specific service provider.

So you are saying a vm which is $2 a month with Free DA included is a bad deal? Please stop being naive about that.

• Sure, go with VM that doesn't even meet minimum system requirements for the software that You will be running on it. It sounds like a great idea, I wonder what could go wrong.

edited April 2020

@Ponury_Typ said:
    Sure, go with VM that doesn't even meet minimum system requirements for the software that You will be running on it. It sounds like a great idea, I wonder what could go wrong.

I've got two working completely fine 😂 no issues whatsoever. Hats off to @Francisco

• @agentmishra said:

or go with buyvm.net

Except that it is always out of stock?

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • go to buyvm.

• If you don't want to invest any amount then you can go for the cyber panel that is free. But I would recommend you invest some amount for better performance than go for directadmin panel.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@hanzen said:

@hennaboy said:
    Cyberpanel is free for any ram limit. You are referring to the free LiteSpeed enterprise license which is limited to 2GB. You can opt during installation to use openlitespeed.

I don't Understand If I use Openlitespeed with CyberPanel then there is no Ram Limit. Seriously! Could you please refer me a link.

Check the docs. https://cyberpanel.net/docs/installing-cyberpanel/

There has two installation option. First one for OpenLiteSpeed and 2nd one for Enterprise version.