Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Services - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Services

2»

Comments

• I may have to switch from GSuite to MXRoute when the next deal comes up. Seems like they get quite a bit of praise and it's good to see the provider active here.

Thanked by 1jar
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@taubin said:
    I may have to switch from GSuite to MXRoute when the next deal comes up. Seems like they get quite a bit of praise and it's good to see the provider active here.

They are worth all the money, actually, worth more than what we're spending.

Thanked by 1taubin
  • @armandorg said:

@taubin said:
    I may have to switch from GSuite to MXRoute when the next deal comes up. Seems like they get quite a bit of praise and it's good to see the provider active here.

They are worth all the money, actually, worth more than what we're spending.

That's quite true, and to be honest I probably won't wait.

But this is LET after all ;)

• syedssyeds Member

i think you may check https://hostinganddomain.net smtp services

• gksgks Member

I am sticking to @jar.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I have been using Yandex for some of my small projects and it has been brilliant so far. It is completely free, so if you are not paranoid about using a Russian company it is a good one to consider.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2020

I’m sure mxroute is fine... but an email provider that can’t provide support by email is funny to me :D only on LET... smh.

The kicker - their poor ‘support’ has been fixed, but of course they can’t share that, because it’s locked in their new ‘chat’ support system.

It is quite literally as much work to reply to an email as a chat. Idk wtf is wrong with people.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2020

@KermEd said:
    I’m sure mxroute is fine... but an email provider that can’t provide support by email is funny to me :D only on LET... smh.

The kicker - their poor ‘support’ has been fixed, but of course they can’t share that, because it’s locked in their new ‘chat’ support system.

It is quite literally as much work to reply to an email as a chat. Idk wtf is wrong with people.

Commenting on it is a good bit easier than actually running your own ESP at scale (that's key, anyone can do anything with under 2000 customers) when that ESP aims both to eliminate IP reputation issues and market norms on cost without employing a unique support strategy. Sure I could provide totally normal support paths and put my prices more in line with others, but that's not my goal and that's why I have customers. My customers are down for something unique and different that gets the job done. If they wanted the same old $5/m per user and a normal support ticket system instead of my in-house relays and storage-based cost, they'd pick from a million competitors. They don't, and they get great support and great deals as a result. From my vantage point, focusing on customers that are actively using the service and talking to me about it, it's working out quite well in the vast majority of cases. I have much better, more personal relationships with a much larger number of customers now.

But, as you say "only on LET." It's really "only on LET" that it's a problem, not in practice with 999 out of 1000 real customers. It's okay to not want to break out of preconceived notions about what support should look like, but if you're willing then you're going to get a much better support experience than MXroute could provide otherwise, and if you're not then you generally have to pay more (depending on your needs).

On a more abstract note, some of my thoughts on industry-wide support:

It is consistently the complaint against rapidly growing companies that, when they reach a certain size, support goes to shit. All of them are doing the same things to offer support. Yet, consistently, they either fail (if they're growing at a reasonable pace) or they're "too expensive" to the average user. They can either not grow, exclude a ton of customers that can't afford their high prices, or eventually their support goes to shit. Now, LET customers don't mind this. They don't mind when a company grows so big that it's support goes to shit. They just move to the next provider that hasn't gotten that big and tell their friends that the provider is no longer any good. That's a bit harder for the ESP space, but the mindset comes from the VPS space where companies are a dime a dozen. The providers that are growing rapidly, they shouldn't be seeing that as positive either, they should be seeing that as a challenge to think differently and figure out how to meet those needs at scale.

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and expecting different results, and as overused as that reference may be I think it heavily applies to support in the hosting industry. The ones destined to succeed without compromising on highly competitive pricing or support quality will be the ones who dare to break out of the default mold that has been failing time and time again at scale. What I've done with MXroute support is deploy a stronger version of my model for DO support that never saw full implementation (thus the week or longer wait times for most tickets). There may indeed be tweaks ahead for it, but it's an incredibly positive iteration on what was had before it. I'm quite proud of the level of support I'm able to offer given how insane MXroute's growth has been.

Thanked by 3angstrom gks dontknow
  • @jar said:

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and expecting different results

No, he most certainly did not say that. This is a made up quote from a 12 step program. It's seriously a really stupid and nonsensical quote, as well. They should have just said, "if you keep doing the things that make you a drug addict, you'll continue to be a drug addict". That's the context.

Any programmer that ever did a do/while loop should immediately recognize this quote as dumb. Computers essentially work as "keep doing this over and over until something happens" . The world is full of external forces, that's why things change regularly.

Please don't ever attribute that silly quote to Einstein. He deserves better.

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2020

@TimboJones So glad you cleared that up, thanks.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2020

@jar said:
    Commenting on it is a good bit easier than actually running your own ESP at scale

No offense - you don't know me, but if we are flexing... I've managed teams of over 1,000 with a service center of over 1,000,000 active clients with their average purchase price at around 3.2k. So, to be clear, this isn't 'at scale' to me.

Regardless, I already said I'm sure you have happy clients and justifications - it doesn't change it's amusing to me that you sell email services but don't provide it for support.

I'm quite proud of the level of support I'm able to offer given how insane MXroute's growth has been.

I'm glad you feel that way :). I'm happy you are seeing success. Given that chat is revolutionizing your business, it will be interesting to see if you decide to focus on including it in your sales model.

Thanked by 1jar