Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KeepSolid/VPNUnlimited introduced Wireguard (beta) support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KeepSolid/VPNUnlimited introduced Wireguard (beta) support

2»

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

@elliotc said:
    I wonder are keepsolid app adblock included?
    I didn't see any settings for adblock, and I think it is pretty important function for a VPN.

Not included. I have to use Pihole

• @elliotc said:
    I didn't see any settings for adblock, and I think it is pretty important function for a VPN.

Just use AdGuard DNS for free.

Thanked by 1ernie88
  • @elliotc said:

They had it at one point. I asked them about it and removed it because it had problems.

• akhfaakhfa Member

Just bought one and the $15 is still valid. The apps and the website is cleaner than ivacy. Seems good so far. Thanks for the info

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sonicsonic Veteran

linux client not work for me

• @sonic said:

Contact their support or setup openvpn (gui) manually on linux :)

• Sorry for the OT, but I see that Hola VPN Plus has a lifetime deal on StackSocial as well.
    Hola has been known to use users of their "free" service as exit nodes to unlock residential IPs all around the world. This is why it works so well. But, bad behavior nonetheless.

Their Plus version does not use yourself as an exit node. You do not participate as a peer (that is what they say at least). They declare to log activity and I was told by customer support that they retain logs for 2 weeks and then discard it, but that they don't provide any Plus data to 3rd party.

Yea or nay, provided that I would be using it solely as a backup plan for streaming? (no normal browsing).

• Is this really "lifetime"
    Seems a little dodgy

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited March 2020

@glover279 said:
    Is this really "lifetime"
    Seems a little dodgy

Does not matter the company, lifetime means (1) the company commits a license of use up to the lifetime of the product (2) anything of point 1 can be later changed at any time, including the company being sold or shutting down. What matters is whether when (2) happens you spent less than if you subscribed normally in the first place.

Thanked by 2Ympker sayem314
  • @sonic said:

I am using on linux by using openvpn config file. Works great. Solid vpn so far

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @sgheghele said:

@glover279 said:
    Seems a little dodgy

Does not matter the company, lifetime means (1) the company commits a license of use up to the lifetime of the product (2) anything of point 1 can be later changed at any time, including the company being sold or shutting down. What matters is whether when (2) happens you spent less than if you subscribed normally in the first place.

This. I have their LTD since 2016. I bought it for some 40$. If they were to shut down operations tomorrow it would've still been worth it for sure.

• @sgheghele said:
    Sorry for the OT, but I see that Hola VPN Plus has a lifetime deal on StackSocial as well.
    Hola has been known to use users of their "free" service as exit nodes to unlock residential IPs all around the world. This is why it works so well. But, bad behavior nonetheless.

Their Plus version does not use yourself as an exit node. You do not participate as a peer (that is what they say at least). They declare to log activity and I was told by customer support that they retain logs for 2 weeks and then discard it, but that they don't provide any Plus data to 3rd party.

Yea or nay, provided that I would be using it solely as a backup plan for streaming? (no normal browsing).

I wouldn't touch Hola at all tbh. Read really bad things about them a while back. But it's your call ;)

• @Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@glover279 said:
    Seems a little dodgy

This. I have their LTD since 2016. I bought it for some 40$. If they were to shut down operations tomorrow it would've still been worth it for sure.

Thank you for this.

Can anyone comment on the speed?

• @glover279 said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@glover279 said:
    Seems a little dodgy

Thank you for this.

Can anyone comment on the speed?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163253/ympkers-vpn-ltd-comparison-chart#latest

Thanked by 1bloodyprince
  • As I have serious VPN hoarding problems, I purchased both Hola VPN Plus and Keepsolid lifetime. I have to say that I am seriously impressed by Keepsolid streaming unlock offering! Way better than Ivacy and Hola VPN in terms of speed (thus better streaming quality). None of these are good for privacy, I want to state again :smile:

As I am reliving the thread again, @Ympker, I love your LTD Canary :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @sgheghele said:
    As I have serious VPN hoarding problems, I purchased both Hola VPN Plus and Keepsolid lifetime. I have to say that I am seriously impressed by Keepsolid streaming unlock offering! Way better than Ivacy and Hola VPN in terms of speed (thus better streaming quality). None of these are good for privacy, I want to state again :smile:

As I am reliving the thread again, @Ympker, I love your LTD Canary :smiley:

Glad you are happy mate :) KeepSolid is definitely prem :P

• @nulldev said:
    BTW you can currently get a lifetime 5-device account with this VPN for $15 here: https://academy.zdnet.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Use coupon: VPNSAVE

Coupon has expired.

• No more cheap lifetime VPN deals?

• @agentwp said:
    No more cheap lifetime VPN deals?

I dont know where you are coming from but 39$ for Keepsolid or Ivacy is still cheap for lifetime. There often are 15% off deals on stacksocial for everything and other deals will also pop up ever so often.

• @Ympker said:

@agentwp said:

I dont know where you are coming from but 39$ for Keepsolid or Ivacy is still cheap for lifetime. There often are 15% off deals on stacksocial for everything and other deals will also pop up ever so often.

Alright. I will just wait for better deals as I don't have an urgent need for it right now. Thank you!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @agentwp said:

@Ympker said:

@agentwp said:

Alright. I will just wait for better deals as I don't have an urgent need for it right now. Thank you!

Sure thing :) If I find smth I'll tag you.

Thanked by 1agentwp