Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• Anyone with his server still up and running?

• Me, well... let me check.... yeap!!

Thanked by 1punder
  • hello all,

how long oracle cloud will be activated?

but my account until now Not activated, since two week ago.

• @punder said:
    Anyone with his server still up and running?

I lost both servers on two accounts when Oracle fucked something up some months ago. Some were said to be non recoverable, but I couldn't access the ones that should have still worked.

In the end, the servers are slower than Cloud at Cost v1 servers and have lost data several times. I've got too many idling VPS' to keep being a guinea pig for Oracle. Maybe they'll catch up somewhat in 3 years or so. If you lose my VPS entirely or cause corruption, it's time to move away to a more reliable service.

Thanked by 1punder
  • My account is full activated since October and my machines are running since November

Thanked by 1punder
  • One of my machines has been down for a while.

Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

There's a community forum on their site, try that.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • deer76deer76 Member

donli said: Oracle giving away something for free?....

If you look closely, somewhere in the contract terms it will be stated that you forfeit your soul for an indefinite amount of time

Thanked by 1default
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

farsighter said: Any idea how can I contact them

Try their live chat maybe? otherwise the forum.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@deer76 said:

donli said: Oracle giving away something for free?....

If you look closely, somewhere in the contract terms it will be stated that you forfeit your soul for an indefinite amount of time

There is no such thing as soul. Let them have something that does not exist, if it makes them happy.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • OujiOuji Member

I think it's time I try that. Two free VPSes with that amount in bandwidth for my country is something unheard of.

• xaocxaoc Member

@farsighter said:
    One of my machines has been down for a while.

No way of recreating it? back it up, remove and create a new VM from the boot volume.

• @xaoc said:

@farsighter said:

No way of recreating it? back it up, remove and create a new VM from the boot volume.

The problem is that server is in an exotic location. If it's terminated and IP lost I won't be able to recreate it for ages.

• pbxpbx Member

My VPS has been great for the price. It's annoying to have to navigate through their crap panel to open a port but once everything is running it works fine, in my experience at least.

• xaocxaoc Member

@farsighter said:

@xaoc said:

@farsighter said:

The problem is that server is in an exotic location. If it's terminated and IP lost I won't be able to recreate it for ages.

Did you try the console?
    https://docs.cloud.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/Compute/References/serialconsole.htm

• Yes but process of creating connection is running forever...
    It seems VM doesn't even boot to a minimal point where successful console connection can be created.

• @farsighter said:

@xaoc said:

@farsighter said:

You can reserve one IP, but only one per free account. The second IP will be dynamic.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited May 2020

@TimboJones said:
    You can reserve one IP, but only one per free account. The second IP will be dynamic.

Really? How to reserve & reassign ?
    Very interesting

• @farsighter said:
    Very interesting

How to reserve and attach IP to Oracle VM instance

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • smile93smile93 Member
    edited May 2020

@bloodyprince said:

@farsighter said:
    Very interesting

How to reserve and attach IP to Oracle VM instance

@farsighter

compute --> Instances --> your instance --> Attached VNICs (Bottom Left) --> your primary VNIC --> IP Addresses (Bottom Left) --> Assign Private IP address --> Key in your private ip --> At bottom of the page --> Public IP --> Choose Reserved Public IP --> Give a name for the Public IP.

Back to you instance, add second static private ip, check you firewall and gateway. You are done.

Thanked by 2farsighter kkrajk
  • OujiOuji Member

Does the 20GB object storage is a part of the block storage? So if I create 2 VMs I don't have object storage at all?

• smile93smile93 Member

@Ouji said:
    Does the 20GB object storage is a part of the block storage? So if I create 2 VMs I don't have object storage at all?

yes. it is part of the block storage.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • OujiOuji Member

smile93 said: yes. it is part of the block storage.

Sad to hear. I guess I can't create two VMs and use it then. Thanks.

• @Ouji said:

No.
    You can make 2 VM and 20GB object storage.

• OujiOuji Member
    edited June 2020

dragon1993 said: No.
    You can make 2 VM and 20GB object storage.

How? People said earlier the minimum boot volume was 46GB. If I create too I won't have 20GB left. What is the minimum boot image?

• Has anyone run into this issue before? For some reason my service limit for E2.1 Micro Cores is 0 and I have no clue why. I have one free tier VM active currently but wanted to create my second instance and it doesn't even show the VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro option during Instance creation because of this service limit, it's just completely blank. No out of host capacity errors/notifications or anything.

• edited August 2020

No issues here on one of my primary accounts in Zurich. When was the last time you had access?

• xaocxaoc Member

@Bonsai99 said:
    Has anyone run into this issue before? For some reason my service limit for E2.1 Micro Cores is 0 and I have no clue why. I have one free tier VM active currently but wanted to create my second instance and it doesn't even show the VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro option during Instance creation because of this service limit, it's just completely blank. No out of host capacity errors/notifications or anything.

Do you have different availability domains under "scope"? You seem to have created your VM in teh wrong AD which is why your service limit shows as 0. Check the other ADs and report back with the good newds. xD

• @daxterfellowes said:
    No issues here on one of my primary accounts in Zurich. When was the last time you had access?

Likely sometime in July, I initially created one instance on the free tier then came back later to create another but no dice, been that way ever since.

@xaoc said:
    Do you have different availability domains under "scope"? You seem to have created your VM in teh wrong AD which is why your service limit shows as 0. Check the other ADs and report back with the good newds. xD

Only other available scope is ca-montreal-1 which only shows the custom image count.

This is what it looks like when I try to create another free tier VM

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Bonsai99 are you sure Montreal is your "Home region"? Check what it says in the drop-down on the top-right. Or maybe they rearranged regions somehow, and you now get a quota somewhere else. Also see the "Manage regions" page.