Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowendbox why this is posted? There are changes? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowendbox why this is posted? There are changes?

2»

Comments

• Clouvider said: I don’t want to look like I’m bashing anyone

Why not? You've never shied away from it before?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jbiloh

I don't think there's a need for a list, but rather a LET member or two that can go through hosts before they are posted to make sure that they are white hat, etc.

I am actively leaning on a number of members the past few days to help us double check hosts who submit offers to LEB. :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

spun said: Seems pretty unreasonable for the staff here to know what shady stuff every hosting company does. It's good that this stuff is brought forward but to be expected to know about every business is a little more due diligence than what I'd consider reasonable.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all. This is exactly what LEB used to do before it got sold to CC (via a strawman), and it's also exactly what made it such a reliable resource for a long time, a reputation that it's still (currently undeservedly) benefiting from.

I'd even argue that such digging was half the reason for LEB/LET to exist in the first place.

spun said: I own a site I charge $XX dollars for advertising. A company pays. I review their ads and they are in compliance with my rules. Unless I'm made aware of hidden shady stuff going on I would let the ad go.

And that right there is precisely the problem. LEB wasn't meant to be a place where you pay to advertise a host. That's just the sort of thing it turned into over many years of mismanagement.

This frankly says a lot about how far gone LEB is, and how much it will take to restore it to a position where it can actually be a reputable site again.

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Mario-SF said: We are very sorry about the superficiality and the hypocrisy of this thread.

Mario-SF said: What? Such a statement is both ridiculous and defamatory.

Congratulations, you've just convinced me that you're not a reputable company.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner donko
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited February 2020

Delimiwho?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • alphawoots!