Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

London VPS with DirectAdmin?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

London VPS with DirectAdmin?

Hello all!

I'm looking for a reliable provider that offers services in the UK, London preferably, with Direct Admin included.

IntoVPS looks good - does anyone have any experience with them?

Most likely will need a couple of VPS's with 8Gb+ of RAM, and a couple more for a basic DNS cluster.

Side Q: how are you handling DNS for DA?

Thanks!

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I handle DNS via two multi DA nodes which are DNS only. Which works pretty well.

Depending on your budget, there is @Clouvider. Which provides free DA licenses.

I'm sure some providers will also chime in with some offers.

Thanked by 2tjn Clouvider
  • LeeLee Veteran

You can also look at https://inceptionhosting.com/

Thanked by 1tjn
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Jord said: Depending on your budget, there is @Clouvider. Which provides free DA licenses.

Thanks for the mention.

@tjn we offer Free DirectAdmin licenses on our network applicable to both our HA Cloud VPS and Dedicated Servers.

Thanked by 2RickBakkr tjn
  • Have a look at Inception Hosting run by @AnthonySmith (but not here anymore) or AlphaVPS run by @AlexBarakov.

For separate DNS cluster, you can pick up a $20/yr slice with BuyVM @Francisco.

All 3 offer great service.

Thanked by 2tjn Francisco
  • @LeonDynamic said:

I was thinking of doing exactly that. Is 512mb of RAM enough for a DA server though? Even if it's only doing DNS? I suppose it'll need 1-2Gb swap space.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • We haven't announced this yet, but all of our plans above and including 2GB ram come with a free 10 domain Plesk license - https://www.synatiq.com/cloud. Not exactly Directadmin, but I think you might be interested. Also, use voucher "JOIN10" from Billing - Add funds - Redeem to for a $10 credit on us :).

• @tjn said:

@LeonDynamic said:

I was thinking of doing exactly that. Is 512mb of RAM enough for a DA server though? Even if it's only doing DNS? I suppose it'll need 1-2Gb swap space.

512MB will be fine for DA as you’ll only be using it for DNS. You will need to add in some swap, I personally use 1GB.

Thanked by 1tjn

I run it on two BuyVMs too, works perfectly fine.

Thanked by 2tjn Francisco
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@tjn said:

@LeonDynamic said:

If you are using it just for DNS only server then 512mb is fine.

Thanked by 1tjn
  • Since you are looking for free DirectAdmin, I suggest you AlphaVPS run by @AlexBarakov(Currently using them in Uk).

Thanked by 1tjn
  • Awesome, thank you all!
    Is there anyone out there that has tried IntoVPS?

• vip3r09vip3r09 Member
    edited February 2020

Highly recommend IntoVPS. Never had any issues with them and the price is good with directadmin licence included. :smile: Been customer since 24th July 2019

• @vip3r09 said:
    Highly recommend IntoVPS. Never had any issues with them and the price is good with DirectAdmin licence included. :smile: Been customer since 24th July 2019

Really nice to hear! Thank you! I think I will be taking the plunge with IntoVPS and BuyVM.

Thanked by 2Francisco chip

BuyVM is prem, Fran won't let you down :)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Good job @tjn. Not used IntoVPS personally but others are happy. BuyVM are good anyway but with all the free extras like DA, Softaculous and Blesta they are great.

Thanked by 2Francisco tjn
  • @Lee said:
    You can also look at https://inceptionhosting.com/

Might have to give these guys a try.