Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

1111213141517»

Comments

• @jbiloh said:

@teamacc said:
    WHY IS CHRIS NIEDOJADLO BACK ON LEB YET AGAIN?

He was posted using his cheapwindowsvps brand, and is now here again with his server mania brand.

@jbiloh knows this guy IRL, so he should've noticed it when he alledgely went through the "offers scheduled for posting on LEB".

I mean, looking at this post from 7 years ago by @MannDude https://vpsboard.com/threads/solveddos-com-is-another-chris-niedojadlo-and-servermania-shell-company.2918/#post-42624 NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE SO FAR.

I'm done. I'm out.

LEB will never get fixed due to lack of interest, knowledge or effort by @jbiloh.

You guys can keep it. Turn it to shit even more than it already has been. Turn it into a ghost town. Take LET with you.

I will be on LES and HostBalls (or whatever that site is called nowadays). Enjoy this shithole where "changes are coming".

Jesus fucking Chris. Nothing has changed.

Help me understand the issue you have with Server Mania? You cannot possibly be suggesting that they are some sort of scam operation? If you are, then you have no credibility left.

Well,

1. You know that magnifying glass in the upper right corner? That's a search feature.

2. This thread was a sticky and you were specifically tagged and didn't respond. Intentionally ignoring? I wonder who unstickied it...

3. Tl;dr IIUC, this guy sets up throwaway companies that don't appear to be legit operations with long term goals, so that looks like scam operation.

4. Yes, tell someone they don't have any credibility while a) not knowing what is going on, b) defending the alleged scammer. The rant is specifically about Chris, the guy, and not Server Mania, so why change the question? That makes you look greasy as fuck (or clueless).

For me, I was thinking positive about your changes and then reading your reply, flips the table. This will likely also look very bad to people who were giving you the benefit of doubt.

Thanked by 2uptime maverickp
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:

@teamacc said:

He was posted using his cheapwindowsvps brand, and is now here again with his server mania brand.

@jbiloh knows this guy IRL, so he should've noticed it when he alledgely went through the "offers scheduled for posting on LEB".

I mean, looking at this post from 7 years ago by @MannDude https://vpsboard.com/threads/solveddos-com-is-another-chris-niedojadlo-and-servermania-shell-company.2918/#post-42624 NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE SO FAR.

I'm done. I'm out.

LEB will never get fixed due to lack of interest, knowledge or effort by @jbiloh.

You guys can keep it. Turn it to shit even more than it already has been. Turn it into a ghost town. Take LET with you.

I will be on LES and HostBalls (or whatever that site is called nowadays). Enjoy this shithole where "changes are coming".

Help me understand the issue you have with Server Mania? You cannot possibly be suggesting that they are some sort of scam operation? If you are, then you have no credibility left.

Well,

1. You know that magnifying glass in the upper right corner? That's a search feature.

2. This thread was a sticky and you were specifically tagged and didn't respond. Intentionally ignoring? I wonder who unstickied it...

3. Tl;dr IIUC, this guy sets up throwaway companies that don't appear to be legit operations with long term goals, so that looks like scam operation.

4. Yes, tell someone they don't have any credibility while a) not knowing what is going on, b) defending the alleged scammer. The rant is specifically about Chris, the guy, and not Server Mania, so why change the question? That makes you look greasy as fuck (or clueless).

For me, I was thinking positive about your changes and then reading your reply, flips the table. This will likely also look very bad to people who were giving you the benefit of doubt.

The referenced post (hyperlink to a dated forum post elsewhere) in the comment I was responding to specifically names Server Mania. So, for that reason, I addressed it. I was not, as you suggested, changing the question. Server Mania has been in business for a long time and has done a good job taking care of their tens of thousands of clients. They don't deserve to have their business besmurched by drive by trolls.

I've gone to great lengths to answer questions in thorough detail in this thread and many others the past few weeks. I am glad that you are thinking positive about the efforts and enhancements happening.

There are some folks who no matter what effort and change takes place here will not be satisfied. That's something that has to be accepted and expected but it won't deter me from continuing to work hard to improve things in our community.

• THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS! :scream:

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh said:

@TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:

@teamacc said:

I'm done. I'm out.

Well,

The referenced post (hyperlink to a dated forum post elsewhere) in the comment I was responding to specifically names Server Mania. So, for that reason, I addressed it. I was not, as you suggested, changing the question. Server Mania has been in business for a long time and has done a good job taking care of their tens of thousands of clients. They don't deserve to have their business besmurched by drive by trolls.

I've gone to great lengths to answer questions in thorough detail in this thread and many others the past few weeks. I am glad that you are thinking positive about the efforts and enhancements happening.

There are some folks who no matter what effort and change takes place here will not be satisfied. That's something that has to be accepted and expected but it won't deter me from continuing to work hard to improve things in our community.

Leaving aside whether Server Mania and its owner are legitimate or not (I haven't followed that particular branch of drama), your response reads like a "this guy is a good friend of mine, so I don't want to hear anything bad about him" type of response, without addressing the actual concerns. That's not a good look, nor a good attitude for someone administrating a hosting forum, if the hope is to turn that forum back into a neutral venue (as it once was).

You've been involved with ColoCrossing in some capacity for many years now, and we both know that CC has done many sketchy things, that members of the community do not approve of; to put it bluntly, your sense of what makes for a "good, legitimate business" isn't exactly very accurate, from the perspective of the LET community.

That leaves you two options:
    1. Either you keep putting yourself and your friends above the community, by giving them a position of effective immunity from criticism, and the goodwill of users will continue disappearing.
    2. Or you accept that you have a responsibility as the operator of a hosting community, and seriously and substantively address concerns about a company that the community has, even if that company is run by a friend of yours, even if that means applying sanctions when the company or its own misbehaves.

It's not impossible to overcome the conflict of interest, but it's going to require a serious effort from your side. Again, I don't know whether the Server Mania guy is legitimate or not, but your response above was of type 1; and that attitude is going to turn sour real quick, regardless of what the actual situation with Server Mania is.

You've slowly gained a bit of goodwill by making actual changes, and I'd recommend not throwing that away. For at least the next while, you really should be taking all the criticisms from the community as valid-unless-proven-otherwise. You have a lot of problems to catch up with, if you genuinely want to turn this place around.

• LowEndBox (part of the VSNX family)

edited February 2020

joepie91 said: Leaving aside whether Server Mania and its owner are legitimate or not (I haven't followed that particular branch of drama), your response reads like a "this guy is a good friend of mine, so I don't want to hear anything bad about him" type of response, without addressing the actual concerns. That's not a good look, nor a good attitude for someone administrating a hosting forum, if the hope is to turn that forum back into a neutral venue (as it once was).

I am not precisely clear on what the original poster's sticking points were. But to take a stab at it preemptively:

If it is:

A. Server Mania is a scam operation

My answer there is simple: They are not a scam operation and there is nothing in their history that supports that. Server Mania is an industry power house and is exactly the type of company we want to publish on LEB because they are time-tested, reliable and customer centric.

B. If the concern is that one of their past employees is a scammer (Chris Niedojadlo)

My answer to that is also simple: I do not believe he is, I do know him personally, just like I know the current staff at Server Mania (mostly) personally. Chris has been in the hosting industry for almost 20 years and has owned a number of hosting companies. I do not believe any of them have failed and left customers stranded -- he has sold a few hosting companies over years in significant dollar deals because they were significantly sized companies. I do not believe he ever addressed the madness and occasional character assassination that was happening on another forum years ago, and perhaps that was a mistake because now those posts live on in perpetuity.

C. If the concern is that I am friends with the Server Mania staff

My answer to that is simple: I am polite and friendly with them and I of course wish them well, but I wouldn't consider them friends as I do not see them socially.

D. If the concern is that ColoCrossing has "done many sketchy things"

My answer is that we hardly perfect in our running of the LEB and LET community years ago, but we tried (albeit mistakes were made). In the past almost two years since Deluxe took over it got worse because there was never any dedicated resources to the websites so things went downhill further. I am trying to improve everything I can now that I can have the time and control. All I can do is focus on the future of our community and continue to put in the hard work to make a difference.

AlwaysSkint said: LowEndBox (part of the VSNX family)

Yeah I just sent another email to my coder to see when he will be able to get that pulled down along with a list of other things I've asked him to change on LET (as per my list in the other thread of still to be finished clean up items).

joepie91 said: You've slowly gained a bit of goodwill by making actual changes, and I'd recommend not throwing that away. For at least the next while, you really should be taking all the criticisms from the community as valid-unless-proven-otherwise. You have a lot of problems to catch up with, if you genuinely want to turn this place around.

I am glad that some of the effort spent the past few weeks is being noticed. I just want to see LEB and LET get better every day. :)

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jbiloh

Is ServerMania or any company owned, run, or managed by Chris Niedojadlo providing any services related to LET or LEB?

• for people who have attended this forum for less time, when I say that the scheme used by LEB of various fake brands has already been used by Jon and Chris I refer to this:

https://vpsboard.com/threads/buffalo-shill-shell-companies.4416/

If you want to see how Chris behaves and you have time to read:

https://vpsboard.com/search/68317/?page=10&q=fabozzi&o=date

Thanked by 1uptime

jsg said: Is ServerMania or any company owned, run, or managed by Chris Niedojadlo providing any services related to LET or LEB?

No. The LEB and LET hosting platform is utilizing is a combination of 3 hosting providers and service providers, all of which are large cloud companies. The entire infrastructure is now virtualized.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @jbiloh said:
    My answer is that we hardly perfect in our running of the LEB and LET community years ago, but we tried (albeit mistakes were made). In the past almost two years since Deluxe took over it got worse because there was never any dedicated resources to the websites so things went downhill further. I am trying to improve everything I can now that I can have the time and control. All I can do is focus on the future of our community and continue to put in the hard work to make a difference.

Basically avoiding details. Even if there were no resources dedicated to the websites, how did scammy LEB feeds start being pushed to LET? The most is probably some technical problems due to lack of maintenance (e.g. non-functioning helpdesk, which the mods took upon themselves to resolve). You claim no dedicated resources and no investment into the sites, but evidence points to concerted effort to push LEB crap on LET.

Don't patronise us with lengthy "explanations" that explain nothing and then come around and say that you have explained at length. Address the issues directly and honestly if you want a shot at convincing fair-minded people.

• @jbiloh said:
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick and simple question...

In 2020, what sort of content do you want to see on Low End Box? What would be most interesting to you? What would give you a reason to want to check the website more frequently?

Looking forward to any and all feedback. Don't hold back.

Thanks for taking the time.

If you could create a better forum and community in LEB. LET is good. But if you could still build a better community in LEB then thats better. If. One is better then they will not be the same. Have you also tried paid membership? Paid members with more priviledge like posting reviews.

• @cazrz said:

@jbiloh said:
    Hi everyone,

In 2020, what sort of content do you want to see on Low End Box? What would be most interesting to you? What would give you a reason to want to check the website more frequently?

If you could create a better forum and community in LEB. LET is good. But if you could still build a better community in LEB then thats better. If. One is better then they will not be the same. Have you also tried paid membership? Paid members with more priviledge like posting reviews.

Paid membership only makes sense for hosts trying to make money here. It doesn't make sense to pay to post reviews. Users would all leave if they were charged to post reviews and no review would be trusted since the only ones that would pay are hosts and their shill accounts.

• @jbiloh said:

@spun said:
    That's the point to opening them. I want to see the comments...good or bad.

We are going to open them to comments shortly. It's on the list to change. :)

Hopefully this happens soon. It should be a change to open up the few posts on here.

For LEB the search sucks. Usually I'm looking for managed server/VPS hosting or reseller hosting accounts. On the top of the site there are some tags (West Coast, Open VZ, etc...) if that's the best way to search the site there should be other tags like Managed, CPanel, WHM, Direct Admin, Reseller, etc...

I've also gotten burned on LEB like many others have but you can't expect every host to be a great host.

@spun said:

@jbiloh said:

@spun said:
    That's the point to opening them. I want to see the comments...good or bad.

We are going to open them to comments shortly. It's on the list to change. :)

Hopefully this happens soon. It should be a change to open up the few posts on here.

For LEB the search sucks. Usually I'm looking for managed server/VPS hosting or reseller hosting accounts. On the top of the site there are some tags (West Coast, Open VZ, etc...) if that's the best way to search the site there should be other tags like Managed, CPanel, WHM, Direct Admin, Reseller, etc...

I've also gotten burned on LEB like many others have but you can't expect every host to be a great host.

This is Solis feedback, thank you. Will look into how we can improve the tags and search on LEB.

Comments should be open on the auto posts in the next few days as well, just waiting on the developer.

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

Looks like you didn't try our Black Friday deal

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2020

@teamacc said:
    So, to keep digging a bit more.

Copy-pasted terms without even proofreading them themselves. Great.

But then....

So you're a registered company? Lemme check.

Yeah, no, you're not.

Interesting, if that really is a 'Virtono reseller', that would now mean three of their entities are now advertising / doing business on the combination of LEB / LET.

Vitrono is also Green Web Pages which has been selling here. Exact same support people respond to tickets, using the same exact names... (I think its a 1-2 man operation in fact) and it seems they make money in their sector by creating their own competition as they have done on LET for a while now between both of those brands which were spamming new advertisements every 14 days like clock work for a long time.

Recently I have only seen them advertising Virtono here now, but I think that is because someone else figured this out and told them to stop. Though they could just be trying to push the main brand more as well.

The two also share the same nodes and Hypervisors, if you order a server from Green Web Pages, you end up accessing a Virtono HV server which they try to hide by making the panel send you to the IP instead of the hostname -- since the host name includes Virtono in it directly.

The most fun came when I purchased a server from both brands and they both ended up in the same exact panel, meaning I go access my panel from one and the server for the other company is somehow in my account...

So if the above host is also Virtono, I am now starting to wonder how many DBA brands they have that they are pumping here?

Edit: re-reading some more maybe my understanding is wrong (it still isn't clear to me) and they are only being accused of copying their TOS / AUP.. however, based on my experience it still wouldn't surprise me to find there are other DBAs of them around here...

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Interesting, if that really is a 'Virtono reseller', that would now mean three of their entities are now advertising / doing business on the combination of LEB / LET.

Not arguing but FWIW I have a (dirt cheap) Virtono VPS and it works fine and support is not bad.

So, yes, maybe Virtono runs some kind of scam (I don't know enough to judge that) but at least the products sold under their Virtono brand seem to be OK.
    So, I see no problem at all to see Virtono advertising and/or selling their stuff here. As for those other "shadow" brands, maybe those are resellers playing ugly tricks?

• Same shit different name, how could it be different then? They are just stupid, nothing more. Fast money, not really care about users. Delete hosts after issues and create new different piece of crap, with copy/paste and never thinking about routing.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

Oh boy. Reasoning doesn’t work here. LET has turned into a church, and the state is never understood. I have seen a lot of, quite frankly, drama over the months. @jbiloh I say you introduce some WHT level control over memberships.

All of the deadpooled companies everyone keeps bitching about, yet continue signing up for, are as a result of poor LEB background research over the offers submitted.

What a surprise, you’ve lost your $10 a year. Get over it. He’s trying and it’s obvious. Don’t blame the state when the church you signed up for feeds you unsustainable lies.

I wouldn’t even signup for my own service if I hadn’t known we have the backup cash given we’re so new. Of course, I am thankful to those who do, we absolutely need them.

I don’t see the connection everyone is so outraged of. Even cutthroat deals from 30x summerhosts don’t generate anything near the daily revenue of a provider like Colocrossing. Why would “the guys behind this” be so interested for a one time $30k from 30 companies that you’ll chargeback anyway while they are supposedly behind Colocrossing?

There are a few clinically paranoid, loud people here that keep influencing everyone else, whilst ignoring the positive efforts of the rest of the community.

Thank you @jbiloh for your recent efforts. You have more nerves than me to keep an eye on this thread.

Personal attacks in 3, 2, 1:

edited February 2020

Synatiq said: Oh boy. Reasoning doesn’t work here. LET has turned into a church, and the state is never understood.

Interesting and unique analogy.

Synatiq said: I wouldn’t even signup for my own service if I hadn’t known we have the backup cash given we’re so new. Of course, I am thankful to those who do, we absolutely need them.

Hope you and your business do well!

Synatiq said: He’s trying and it’s obvious. Don’t blame the state when the church you signed up for feeds you unsustainable lies.

Yes, a very significant effort is going into making LEB and LET better. Many hours each day as of about a month ago.

Synatiq said: I don’t see the connection everyone is so outraged of. Even cutthroat deals from 30x summerhosts don’t generate anything near the daily revenue of a provider like Colocrossing. Why would “the guys behind this” be so interested for a one time $30k from 30 companies that you’ll chargeback anyway while they are supposedly behind Colocrossing?

Good point. The company that went out business and left customers and ColoCrossing holding the bag was a bad outcome. Everyone loses there. There was no conspiracy and ColoCrossing was impacted negatively because of it. No one ever wants to see a repeat of that, guaranteed.

Synatiq said: There are a few clinically paranoid, loud people here that keep influencing everyone else.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful analysis.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@jsg said:
    @jbiloh

Is ServerMania or any company owned, run, or managed by Chris Niedojadlo providing any services related to LET or LEB?

It's not. You can take my word. I worked for ServerMania for some time. Their CEO is a really nice guy btw.

Thanked by 2ThatHostingGuy jsg
  • The ability to select Categories on the mobile site.

At the moment, all there is is a list of all posts.

Kyle_ said: The ability to select Categories on the mobile site.

At the moment, all there is is a list of all posts.

Thanks for the suggestion I will look at how we can make that happen inside the conforms of the mobile theme.

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited February 2020

@spun said:

@cazrz said:

@jbiloh said:
    Hi everyone,

Paid membership only makes sense for hosts trying to make money here. It doesn't make sense to pay to post reviews. Users would all leave if they were charged to post reviews and no review would be trusted since the only ones that would pay are hosts and their shill accounts.

Not really. At least it would lessen shilling rather than free shill. Also I was referring to LEB not LET. Even if it is a paid membership you should not be allowed to just post review immediately. Paid membership should be just another level or requirement and not the overall basis to some privilege. This would also increase quality of LEB rather than quantity. Quantity comes after. LEB needs to increase its income so they can spend in improvements like offering some monetary deals to moderators and admins on top of other gifts if there are any. Free is good but usually leads to abuse and low quality. You can still have free and paid level.

• I also want to see or browse fast and easily server types or threads, with all providers listed on it on that category that provides the same.

For example:

Storage VPS / KVM
    SSD VPS / KVM
    Storage VPS / Container
    SSD VPS / Container

This way the clients, have already a list of alternatives in case their primary provider went deadpool. Instead of going to LET and posting like crazy deadpool threads and then asking for alternatives.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited February 2020

First off, i've been here for the last 10 years. For me LEB died ~ 2-3 years ago and all my interest went towards LET. I've not been to LEB for the last 3? months or so and instead changed my favorites to LET only. This said, i'd either focus on the LET part or get LEB a complete makeover after CC took it over. I'm missing so many good offers from new providers that i prefer to goto LET instead.

Further, LET provides the ability to have better, more focused conversations, ideas and hints i miss @ LEB. The reason behind it is (IMHO) that LET is community-driven compared to LEB. The community provides the content for LET which makes it a unique place of people with the same interest. LEB seems not community driven anymore, thats why i lost most interest in it i guess.

Also LET consists of members i've build trust on, for example @Falzo @jar @uptime and even @Hetzner_OL and so on. People who have a reputation and i know of are not giving false advertises or offers. Thats way more of importance than LEB can ever achive, sorry.

Regards

edited February 2020

@cazrz said:
    I also want to see or browse fast and easily server types or threads, with all providers listed on it on that category that provides the same.

For example:

Storage VPS / KVM
    SSD VPS / KVM
    Storage VPS / Container
    SSD VPS / Container

This way the clients, have already a list of alternatives in case their primary provider went deadpool. Instead of going to LET and posting like crazy deadpool threads and then asking for alternatives.

Thank you for the ideas and feedback. I've been making changes to improve leb the past few days and will work on some of your ideas the balance of this week.

How does everyone feel about the return of the Deadpool posts?

• so is it LosAngelesVPS legit or a pass?