Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net rebranded itself to Scaleway Dedibox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net rebranded itself to Scaleway Dedibox

Welcome to Scaleway Dedibox!
Online by Scaleway reinvents its offer and becomes Scaleway Dedibox :
the advantage of Dedibox dedicated server combined with the benefits of Scaleway cloud.

You can now benefit from:

our high-end, high-performance dedicated servers;
our community-centric services (tutorials, user club, meetups etc.);
the expertise of our cloud architects;
the flexibility to combine your servers with our cloud products;
a more intuitive website and customizable choices.

https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/

Shit is shit, no matter what name you stick on top of it.

Comments

• boerndboernd Member
    edited February 2020

Scaleway Shitbox

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Scale away from online.net

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Ponury_Typ said: our community-centric services

Community-centric services usually mean that you should ask the in the forums when things go wrong.

Still I don't think that they provide shit. They provide very competitive budget services and they're pretty good at that. If someone buys from them expecting the same level of service obtained from providers who charge 2-4x more, then the customer is at fail.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • Again???

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2020

Not as dumb as rebranding OVH to OVHcloud;

but they had just about the best possible domain name in the world for ISP/hosting: online.net, and now voluntarily pissing that away in favor of some arbitrary, contrived and much less powerful branding.

Thanked by 3Lee webcraft vimalware
  • Nice try to get rid of the offline.net alias, next time try improving the network.

• LeeLee Veteran

I tried an online.net dedi a couple of years back. I powered it off after about a week, but after that and up to the end of the contract it was great.

Thanked by 1IncognitoBurrito
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:
    Not as dumb as rebranding OVH to OVHcloud;

but they had just about the best possible domain name in the world for ISP/hosting: online.net, and now voluntarily pissing that away in favor of some arbitrary, contrived and much less powerful branding.

Interesting... I agree, I think it should have gone the other direction. Scaleway -> Online.net I read or heard somewhere Scaleway was in the same status as VolumeDrive.

• @Nyr said:

Ponury_Typ said: our community-centric services

Community-centric services usually mean that you should ask the in the forums when things go wrong.

Still I don't think that they provide shit. They provide very competitive budget services and they're pretty good at that. If someone buys from them expecting the same level of service obtained from providers who charge 2-4x more, then the customer is at fail.

Sure, but my expectations with them were low and somehow they manage to disappoint me. Anyway, why would You pick them when there is hetzner?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@Ponury_Typ said:
    Anyway, why would You pick them when there is hetzner?

Unmetered bandwidth, more liberal abuse policies, better connectivity to Western Europe, very cheap dedicated servers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, the last rebrand, did they rebrand after the shitstorm or before?

• @Neoon said:
    Well, the last rebrand, did they rebrand after the shitstorm or before?

...after is before. A continuous process at this company.