Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSDNodes Singapore Launch - 32GB for $8.25/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSDNodes Singapore Launch - 32GB for $8.25/m

edited February 2020 in General

Just got an email from SSDNodes that they've launched a new location in Singapore, with pricing consistent with the rest of their lineup.

The catch is to unlock the price in the title you need to prepay for three years, with it being slightly more expensive if you just pay for one year and way more for just a month.

32GB RAM

320GB SSD

4 vCPU

16TB transfer

KVM

$8.25/m paid triennially, or $12.42/m if paid yearly.

Link: https://www.ssdnodes.com/sale/singapore-promo/?header

There are other plans on their site if the one above is a bit too prem.

Not associated with SSDNodes but I have used their services in the past and they seem to be rocksteady.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

16TB bandwidth in Singapore for $12.42/m? damn.

Thanked by 1AK_KWH
  • @MikeA said:
    16TB bandwidth in Singapore for $12.42/m? damn.

Is that the only thing that made you feel like damn?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@seriesn said:

Because we all know their RAM is oversold like crazy

• FAT32 said: Because we all know their RAM is oversold like crazy

Are they using optane as RAM?

• Remember: no refunds, no crypto mining, no crypto related sites or anything likely to get attacked, no games, no bots of ANY kind, no transcoding or streaming media (explicitly no Plex or related software), etc.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • hzr said: Remember: no refunds, no crypto mining, no crypto related sites or anything likely to get attacked, no games, no bots of ANY kind, no transcoding or streaming media (explicitly no Plex or related software), etc.

Any story where they shut down people's services w/ or w/o warnings?

• I don't think so, other than people blatantly running stuff in violation of ToS. But there is a lot more stuff that is against terms, like transcoding. I'm buying one to host web applications and a Postgres DB, so not concerned.

For those caring about CN routing, the lowest I can get is 250ms, avg 300-400.

Thanked by 2isunbejo poisson
  • @greattomeetyou said:

FAT32 said: Because we all know their RAM is oversold like crazy

Are they using optane as RAM?

or Memory ballooning ?

• Are you locked to that location, e.g. Singapore, for the rest of the contract?

• If anyone is excited about this offer, I will be happy to transfer my account. Please contact me as I desperately want to leave SSDNodes.

Thanked by 2vimalware angelius

@pkr said:
    If anyone is excited about this offer, I will be happy to transfer my account. Please contact me as I desperately want to leave SSDNodes.

Why's that?

• If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. There are plenty of tales to be found about SSDN on this forum alone if you dig deep enough. Whatever you do, don’t buy the 3 year plan. You’ll regret it.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Feel free to share some reviews of SSDN

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@MikeA said:

@pkr said:
    If anyone is excited about this offer, I will be happy to transfer my account. Please contact me as I desperately want to leave SSDNodes.

Why's that?

Probably because of this - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161270/ssdnodes-ram-is-not-fully-utilized/

@MasonR said:

@MikeA said:

@pkr said:

Why's that?

Probably because of this - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161270/ssdnodes-ram-is-not-fully-utilized/

oh.. yeah.. that could do it.

• @MikeA said:

@pkr said:

Why's that?

If I reveal the truth here, no one will be interested in my offer. hahaha :smiley: :smile:

Here is the truth:
    When I saw their 16gb RAM for $79, I did not spend a second to think and purchased it. I am one of their oldest customers; I may one of their first 25 customers to buy their VPS when they started the company. I was aware of their quality and hence did not hesitate to pay for 3 years in advance. But something has changed with these humongous RAM offers.

I have tested SSDNodes's 3 locations (LA, TX, and Frankfurt). What I found that I was never allowed to use >4gb RAM. Whenever cache size became ~4gb, cache got deleted and RAM usage came down to 1.5gb. So, they promised 16gb RAM with the offer, but I was allowed to use only 4gb.
    I contacted their support team and after reading his response, I realized that 16gb is not real RAM, at least at 3 locations (LA, TX, and Frankfurt). They use some techniques for fake RAM. One can buy a decent VPS (4vCPU and 6-8gb real RAM) for $8.25/month. So, why should one pay for 3 years in advance?
    I am not sure about their other locations. If someone wants to try their luck with these offers, I am ready to transfer my account.

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited February 2020

Do they already have looking glass for this Singapore location?

• pkr said: So, they promised 16gb RAM with the offer, but I was allowed to use only 4gb.

Did you ask them about it?
    What was the response?

• @IncognitoBurrito said:
    Just got an email from SSDNodes that they've launched a new location in Singapore, with pricing consistent with the rest of their lineup.

The catch is to unlock the price in the title you need to prepay for three years, with it being slightly more expensive if you just pay for one year and way more for just a month.

32GB RAM

320GB SSD

4 vCPU

16TB transfer

KVM

$8.25/m paid triennially, or $12.42/m if paid yearly.

Link: https://www.ssdnodes.com/sale/singapore-promo/?header

There are other plans on their site if the one above is a bit too prem.

Not associated with SSDNodes but I have used their services in the past and they seem to be rocksteady.

SCAM!

• @pkr said:

@MikeA said:

@pkr said:

Why's that?

If I reveal the truth here, no one will be interested in my offer. hahaha :smiley: :smile:

Here is the truth:
    When I saw their 16gb RAM for $79, I did not spend a second to think and purchased it. I am one of their oldest customers; I may one of their first 25 customers to buy their VPS when they started the company. I was aware of their quality and hence did not hesitate to pay for 3 years in advance. But something has changed with these humongous RAM offers.

I have tested SSDNodes's 3 locations (LA, TX, and Frankfurt). What I found that I was never allowed to use >4gb RAM. Whenever cache size became ~4gb, cache got deleted and RAM usage came down to 1.5gb. So, they promised 16gb RAM with the offer, but I was allowed to use only 4gb.
    I contacted their support team and after reading his response, I realized that 16gb is not real RAM, at least at 3 locations (LA, TX, and Frankfurt). They use some techniques for fake RAM. One can buy a decent VPS (4vCPU and 6-8gb real RAM) for $8.25/month. So, why should one pay for 3 years in advance?
    I am not sure about their other locations. If someone wants to try their luck with these offers, I am ready to transfer my account.

Seems like they selling KVM in openvz style

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2020

pkr said: Whenever cache size became ~4gb, cache got deleted and RAM usage came down to 1.5gb. So, they promised 16gb RAM with the offer, but I was allowed to use only 4gb.

You could blacklist the balloon driver, then your VPS would use as much as it wants, not listening to any instructions to give back RAM from the host. But if it's really so oversold, then everything would start grinding to a halt instead, and perhaps they would terminate you with no refund of your annual or triennial payment. (Seriously, never prepay for this long even with the best host in the world...)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mlcmlc Member
    edited February 2020

I just want know the performance of Singapore VPS, it can be seen that only IO is considerable.

root@ssdnodes:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -i4
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Feb 20 06:05:29 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2199.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.9G
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 40G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 87.10 MB/s   (21.7k) | 1.24 GB/s    (19.4k)
    Write      | 87.33 MB/s   (21.8k) | 1.25 GB/s    (19.5k)
    Total      | 174.44 MB/s  (43.6k) | 2.49 GB/s    (39.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ---- 
    Read       | 3.68 GB/s     (7.2k) | 2.99 GB/s     (2.9k)
    Write      | 3.88 GB/s     (7.5k) | 3.19 GB/s     (3.1k)
    Total      | 7.57 GB/s    (14.7k) | 6.19 GB/s     (6.0k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 3007                          
    Multi Core      | 2814                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15243338

• @seriesn said:

But but it's dedicated. Phpfriends/LET accepted definition of "dedicated" lmao..

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2020

@fpmagic said:

@seriesn said:

But but it's dedicated. Phpfriends/LET accepted definition of "dedicated" lmao..

Php-friends don't sell 32GB for anywhere near that price and can install netinstall ISO but iirc ssdnodes don't...

The only mentioned dedicated about ssdnodes plans is the IP address...

that price for SG bandwidth really makes me wonder what network they on

• SG Test IP from their online chat: 209.182.237.130

• Could be worth it just for the bandwidth alone, cause that's ridiculously cheaper than anything else in SG.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited February 2020

3 years pre-payment. Interesting.

• @greattomeetyou said:

hzr said: Remember: no refunds, no crypto mining, no crypto related sites or anything likely to get attacked, no games, no bots of ANY kind, no transcoding or streaming media (explicitly no Plex or related software), etc.

Any story where they shut down people's services w/ or w/o warnings?

Not shutdown but they throttled my VM due to cPanel installer taking too much resources in the 32GB plan. No notification until I opened a ticket for (really) low performance.

Yep. Installing cPanel.

Thanked by 2vimalware uptime
  • How can you not go to deadpool at these prices?

Thanked by 2Synatiq dosai
  • LeeLee Veteran

imok said: Not shutdown but they throttled my VM due to cPanel installer taking too much resources in the 32GB plan. No notification until I opened a ticket for (really) low performance.

Yep. Installing cPanel.

WTF, if that is taking up too much resource then what do they consider acceptable?

Thanked by 1vimalware