Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't find IP space for permanent transfer (RIPE or other)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can't find IP space for permanent transfer (RIPE or other)

Since beginning of January, I have run out of clean IP space and can't grow my business nor accept any new customers. I've looked through the IP ASN AIO thread and messaged every single vendor with no prospects. The only replies I've gotten had absurdly high pricing or wanted to lease me policed space that I can't announce. The purpose of this IP space is to host my VPN customers that are pulling in a lot of DMCA notices with torrents and pissing off my leased IP providers, so I must be able to delegate abuse-c. My upstreams like Liberty Global are encouraging me to consider space for permanent transfer when I described my situation to them.

If anyone can help me find space I will pay you a 100$ bounty (Loki, XMR, BTC, PayPal).

Here are the requirements:
1. IP space must be located in either RIPE, APNIC, AFRINIC or LACNIC
2. Range should be globally routable (prefixes /22 to /24)
3. I will take dirty/blacklisted ranges at a discount over clean ones (no web or email hosting here)
4. Just to give you an idea of what is "absurd" pricing, ipv4mall want's 10k for dirty AFRINIC /22 for permanent transfer, so I need LET pricing ;-)
5. I will also consider any rent-to-own type programs

Thanked by 1ralph

Comments

• LET pricing, you mean $4 for a /24?

Thanked by 2ralph malek
  • $9/v4 for transfer is SUPER CHEAP

Thanked by 1ralph
  • ipv4mall want's 10k for dirty AFRINIC /22 for permanent transfer, so I need LET pricing ;-)

wow that's quite cheap, thanks for pointing out as I was seeking a /22 for a such price.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

You know that it cost 3x 1,400 + 2,000 EUR = 6,200 EUR to get an /22 from RIPE - last year before they ran out of IPv4 addresses. Now where they cannot assign /22s anymore, pricing on the market will most likely be a multiple of it today. I guess prices of several tens of k's probably won't comply with LET rules, so you have to open your budget beyond LET pricing. Or go for IPv6. That's the hard reality. 32 bits won't last forever.

• thanks for the pointer to ipv4mall, really - i expect typically double their pricing

• Check out https://auctions.ipv4.global/prior-sales to get some idea of that current ipv4 prices.
    If you are offered a /22 for 10k, I would take it and run.

• @Josh_ServerCheap said:
    Check out https://auctions.ipv4.global/prior-sales to get some idea of that current ipv4 prices.
    If you are offered a /22 for 10k, I would take it and run.

What @op really means, probably, I can not find what I want for the price I want to pay. Which is usually peanuts compared to what others pay/offer said product for, and does not understand that is the price.

Sure you can negotiate some, on some things, but in the end the budget you have is too low and you won't find what you want.

• It keeps amazing me how much a couple of numbers can be worth.

They should just NAT all consumer internet connections, that would free up some space :)

• @marvel said:
    They should just NAT all consumer internet connections, that would free up some space :)

You didn't think this through.

Furthermore, IPv4 space shouldn't be a problem anymore if the big corporations would have invested in IPv6.

• @debaser said:

@marvel said:

You didn't think this through.

Furthermore, IPv4 space shouldn't be a problem anymore if the big corporations would have invested in IPv6.

I agree yes but some internet providers still don't even give out IPv6 addresses to their customers. And I'm talking about decent providers in western europe.

• NAT IPv4 would work for res. until some douchebag gets his IP banned from a popular site, such as FaceCrack, then all customers with the same IP are banned. Won't work too well then when 100 customers are suddenly blocked from sites.

Also the amount of work on the back end will triple trying to sort out who did what when they all have the same IP. So abuse notices, and things of that sort would be a pain in the ass. Would make home internet costs go through the roof and half the world would not have internet. Online sales would plummet, it is a domino effect really.

it would be a good idea if people could be trusted, but we all know the answer to this one.

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

You realize that IPv4 is selling for $20+ per IP right now, correct? Blacklisted or not.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not going to get any "LET pricing" on IPv4. The pricing that you describe as 'absurd' is already less than half of fair market price for IPv4 these days, if that's not LET pricing then I don't know what is. I'd either raise your budget or give up now, because you're not going to find IP space anywhere near the pricing that you're requesting.

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited February 2020

AuroraZ said: NAT IPv4 would work for res. until some douchebag gets his IP banned from a popular site, such as FaceCrack, then all customers with the same IP are banned. Won't work too well then when 100 customers are suddenly blocked from sites.

Also the amount of work on the back end will triple trying to sort out who did what when they all have the same IP. So abuse notices, and things of that sort would be a pain in the ass. Would make home internet costs go through the roof and half the world would not have internet. Online sales would plummet, it is a domino effect really.

it would be a good idea if people could be trusted, but we all know the answer to this one.

It's called CGNAT, and it is popular with ISPs of all sizes, especially the small-medium ones who don't have large historical allocations.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020
    1. Just to give you an idea of what is "absurd" pricing, ipv4mall want's 10k for dirty AFRINIC /22

Whats your target price for a /22, it might help those who are selling to know what your budget is.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited February 2020

NVM everyone knows more then I do.