Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualization for an already running server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualization for an already running server

Hi, pardon me for my bad english.

I need some suggestions from anyone here. My office has a dedicated server running for their internal applications, company websites, and nextcloud service, all running in a single server. Now they are asking me to create some VM inside it and place all application in their own VM to isolate their processes. Do you have any suggestions what kind of virtualization or some kind of that which I can use in this case? I'm afraid that I'll accidentally wipe the entire server data because most of guides I read about setting up virtualization always starts with an empty server. Or maybe you have another suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• @Anomaly said:
    Hi, pardon me for my bad english.

I need some suggestions from anyone here. My office has a dedicated server running for their internal applications, company websites, and nextcloud service, all running in a single server. Now they are asking me to create some VM inside it and place all application in their own VM to isolate their processes. Do you have any suggestions what kind of virtualization or some kind of that which I can use in this case? I'm afraid that I'll accidentally wipe the entire server data because most of guides I read about setting up virtualization always starts with an empty server. Or maybe you have another suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

you can use Virtualizor control panel + kvm .

Thanked by 1Anomaly
  • @mhosting_in said:

Is it safe to install it anyway and the data inside won't be wiped out?

• If you don't know what you are doing, try using VMWare Player.
    The data won't be wiped if you don't wipe it.

Thanked by 1Anomaly
  • you can use VMware Workstation or VirtualBox

Thanked by 1Anomaly
  • Hire some one that knows what they are doing. That is your best bet not to lose your data.

• @Anomaly said:

@mhosting_in said:

Is it safe to install it anyway and the data inside won't be wiped out?

first, take a backup of your data.
    after OS reload[server format ] only you can install vitualizor
    you can check requirement here https://www.virtualizor.com/docs/install/install-kvm/

Thanked by 1Anomaly