Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[PSA] HostDoc - not refunding and filing chargebacks with upstream providers! [IMPORTANT]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[PSA] HostDoc - not refunding and filing chargebacks with upstream providers! [IMPORTANT]

As per the thread over on LES: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/615/psa-hostdoc-not-refunding-and-filing-chargebacks-with-upstream-providers-important#latest

@AnthonySmith said:
Hi Folks,

It has come to light that not only is HostDoc not refunding but he is also now filing chargebacks with his own upstream hosts I assume to claw back a bit of money from the brand he said was profitable.

This has been confirmed at (the other place) if you have ever had service with HostDoc the time is NOW to file a paypal claim/charge back yourself.

Even if you were only out $1 file it on pricipal, make the scammers work hard and make it harder for them to get away with this.

He fooled many of us with his nice guy attitude, seems he is no better that a colocrossing offer on blackfriday.

Charging back against his upstream hosts that provided him with service is an absolute scumbag move, unforgivable.

Not the drama I want but people tend to be ridiculously optimistic about hosts doing the right thing sometimes and you need to know this is not one of those times if you are waiting for a refund.

remember you have 180 days for paypal and probably longer for a card/stripe.

edit: if somehow you arrive at this and want context or you were a HostDoc customer and did not even know they were shutting down here is the thread: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/569/hostdoc-closing-down

Adding to what Ant said, I would also very strongly urge anyone who is owed money to proceed immediately with a chargeback before his PayPal account is locked/etc.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Charging back your upstream, what a cunt.

• Such a scumbag. He really had a good guy attitude that convinced me to buy from him. So hard to trust people nowadays.

Now, to write my paypal chargeback claim.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited February 2020

Lucky I didn't renew my AU VPS and transferred it to some other poor soul instead, was so close to renewing it last month but went with FlowVPS instead.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@tester4 said:
    Lucky I didn't renew my AU VPS and transferred it to some other poor soul instead, was so close to renewing it last month but went with FlowVPS instead.

You are in much better hands now sir.

• Closing shop because his tits got hurt? Dumb move, but it happens.
    Charging back his upstream providers? Now thats a peoper dick move.
    People - open PayPal disputes even if its for $1. Lets all support the providers that are about to get hurt by this PMSing little twat. He doesn't deserve even a cent.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • More General Jackassery.

Thanked by 1Janevski

Thanked by 2FrankZ marvel
  • I paid them 25 GBP/yearly, but used only for two months...

• Time to unleash LET internet detectives !!!

• webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited February 2020

@thedp said:

fixed it for ya

• @jpeng said:
    I paid them 25 GBP/yearly, but used only for two months...

Don't forget, a chargeback = $20 fee on top of the purchase price on Stripe ;)

• Wish I could say I'm surprised.... Saw the drama coming from a mile off, that said its still shit but when you run a company on the basis of keeping it open from flash sales then yano haha

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • concluzion ? paypal is sucks.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

We should start a new AltCoin and call it LowEndCoin.
    So no one can charge back

I cant believe whats going on again here, What a dick....

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • HostSlick said: We should start a new AltCoin and call it LowEndCoin.

So no one can charge back

I cant believe whats going on again here, What a dick....

always is the same " what a good guy" but if someone is cunt (still love my @Nekki ) is get like its idiot. In the first days i feel bad for the guy but ... finally i have realizated was all programated , way not try to sell your customers , give it for free , etc etc , more , if you see you are with less chashflow in company way to make years offers ? just my 2 cents this was programated ...

Thanked by 1pike
  • Filed disputes for yearly services I bought since blackfriday & for deposit credit. Holly sh*t.

• Oh... this sux. So sad that doc is doing this. My experience with his VPS'es was rock-solid.

• Chargebacks, Just What The Doc Prescribed!

• @jamuja said:
    Time to unleash LET internet detectives !!!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11053532

• lowendscam

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • @tester4 said:

That poor soul was me, ffs.

• @cociu said:
    concluzion ? paypal is sucks.

For shitty providers, yes. It makes you look bad taking that position, btw. To customers, it's a level of protection and allows them to recoup some or all of their money.

• @TimboJones

Really? I always found my CC company to protect me more in cases of fraud. I've maybe requested a chargeback once or twice, but it was always for good reason and I was always quickly reimbursed.

• I wonder what grounds for chargeback "ladydoc" is hitting the upstream providers with...

@dahartigan said:
    I wonder what grounds for chargeback "ladydoc" is hitting the upstream providers with...

Good question!

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @TimboJones

Really? I always found my CC company to protect me more in cases of fraud. I've maybe requested a chargeback once or twice, but it was always for good reason and I was always quickly reimbursed.

I've had hassle free PayPal refunds and the one time I asked about a chargeback with my cc, it was going to be a hassle that lasted for weeks.

Actually, not true. In the early days of eBay and PayPal, I responded to a dispute (that I opened) via email. But my responses came from my main email account and not my PayPal address, and after some time, they closed it saying I never responded, having ignored all my responses. Not sure if that was eBay or PayPal to blame, actually. Now I do all responses from website.

• @TimboJones

I suppose it also depends on your bank. For fraudulent transactions/chargeback inquiries/etc, I get quick service and the benefit of the doubt (i.e my bank provides a bill credit until the outcome is determined, in which case it is either made permanent removed).

In terms of PP disputes, I've been on the other end before -- I sold something on eBay in perfect condition and the buyer claimed it was "damaged beyond repair," stating that they wanted a full refund and to keep the item. After much fighting I eventually got the entire item price back and the buyer returned the item (although with a different serial number). That was one of the only times I've won a IND case, most of them are lost unfortunately.

For me, I think PayPal does little to protect the seller when they're in the right and iwhen it's the seller's fault little for the buyer. As a result, I use PayPal only when required.

Thanked by 2skorous TimboJones
  • Btw, who is the provider that got the chargeback ?

@ben47955 said:
    Btw, who is the provider that got the chargeback ?

Heymman I think.