Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for three vm boxes for self DNS hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for three vm boxes for self DNS hosting

They should be in different locations, one is in Asia, one is EU, one is North America.

The network connection among them should be good.

They must allow DNS running, UDP 53 port is opened, if DC has DDOS protection it would be good.

Each with 512 memory, 10G SSD disk, one core. Bandwidth bytes are not required.

Expect to be paid by yearly, no more than 100 USD totally . Expect the provider not to 跑路 fastly.

Thank you.

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Use Vultr

Thanked by 2FrankZ ViridWeb
  • @jpeng said:
    They should be in different locations, one is in Asia, one is EU, one is North America.

They must allow DNS running, UDP 53 port is opened, if DC has DDOS protection it would be good.

Expect to be paid by yearly, no more than 100 USD totally . Expect the provider not to 跑路 fastly.

Thank you.

What's up boss!
    https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=18

Europe and NA, got you covered :)

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, if you wanna go cheap, wait for offers.
    Right now it likely costs you 20$/y or more per VM but if you be patient surely you can get cheaper.

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2020

@jpeng said:

Thank you.

I can do this for you in both Tampa, FL, US and London, UK. Please see https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162856/hostmaxim-grand-opening-sale-extended-premium-kvm-vps-hosting-in-tampa-fl-and-london-uk for pricing.

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2020

A good options for self-hosted DNS is BuyVM.net You can set up anycast in one EU (LU) and two US (NY & LV) locations for $60 a year (3x$20). If you can find them in stock. Check around the 7th of the month for new stock.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2020

I wonder do you really not have a single other VPS or dedi currently. If you do, then just add DNS to those, should be no need for a sole purpose DNS box, let alone three.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Sorry but why not just use ClouDNS?

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • @FrankZ said:
    A good options for self-hosted DNS is BuyVM.net You can set up anycast in one EU (LU) and two US (NY & LV) locations for $60 a year (3x$20). If you can find them in stock. Check around the 7th of the month for new stock.

Quite special: They're offering Anycast IPs!

Thanked by 2jpeng Francisco
  • @FrankZ said:

buyvm just rejected my orders due to I am using a VPN.

• @thedp said:
    Sorry but why not just use ClouDNS?

I know cloudns, cloudflare, dnsmadeeasy, dnsimple ... they are excellent.
    but I want to test everything by myself. dns, storage, database etc.

• webdevwebdev Member
    edited February 2020

for testing, best choice would be cloud provider, hourly bill, multi location...

DO/Vultr all has 2 month free credit

Thanked by 1jpeng
      • BuyVM @ $20/yr
    1. Vultr
  • @jpeng would you be interested in taking my 12 euro/yr terrahost VPS in norway? LXC 256mb ram/512mb swap/15gb disk/500 gb bw. Got it a couple of days back only in haste but have no use for it.

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited May 2020

Vultr with 100$ Credit, DO, Linode

• @jpeng said:

@FrankZ said:

You need a VPS with a desktop. Then you can VPN to this VPS and just use it like your desktop. Then you won't look like a VPN risk.

• @TimboJones said:

@jpeng said:

@FrankZ said:

You need a VPS with a desktop. Then you can VPN to this VPS and just use it like your desktop. Then you won't look like a VPN risk.

That won't help. Most fraud detection systems look for the IP address. Just stick with legitimate providers and turn off your VPN for a minute to place the order.

• securebitsecurebit Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

Do you want to use Anycast to connect them?

We offer small vps in EU (Switzerland, Germany and United Kingdom) starting at 5 CHF/month with BGP IP-Transit and Internet Exchange Ports included. Also IP Subnets starting at 1.25 CHF/month per /44 for example.

If you need help running a anycast network, feel free to ask ;)
    We can also assist here.

• I have a hostus OpenVZ Singapore server lying around. Spec:

512MB RAM
    512MB vSwap
    15GB SSD Disk Space
    1 vCPU Core (Fair Share)
    750GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps port
    35$/yr

Expired on Apr 2020. Please let me know if interested

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • @HM-Michael said:

@TimboJones said:

@jpeng said:

@FrankZ said:

That won't help. Most fraud detection systems look for the IP address. Just stick with legitimate providers and turn off your VPN for a minute to place the order.

In practice, I've yet to experience an issue. It will definitely help. You'll note, these systems specifically say no VPN's but no mention of VPS.

• @TimboJones said:

@HM-Michael said:

@TimboJones said:

@jpeng said:

@FrankZ said:

In practice, I've yet to experience an issue. It will definitely help. You'll note, these systems specifically say no VPN's but no mention of VPS.

True. I've noticed it helps if the VPN is reasonably close to your billing address, and is dedicated to only your traffic (so yes, a VPS would be the way to go).

• @HM-Michael said:

@TimboJones said:

@HM-Michael said:

@TimboJones said:

@jpeng said:

@FrankZ said:

True. I've noticed it helps if the VPN is reasonably close to your billing address, and is dedicated to only your traffic (so yes, a VPS would be the way to go).

True. I am fairly close to the VPS' in my case. That definitely looks better than around the world.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

TimboJones said: In practice, I've yet to experience an issue. It will definitely help. You'll note, these systems specifically say no VPN's but no mention of VPS.

But in practice they notice the IP as a data center IP rather than a residential IP and boom! :(

Been there done that.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do this on three KVM NVME Linux VPS for $88.50/year total for you.
    One in EU, one in US East Coast, one in US West Coast.

Each VPS:
    10GB NVME SSD Disk Space
    1GB RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    1 vCPU Threads
    1 IPv4 Address ($1/Per Additional IPV4)
    1 IPv6 Address* (Free Additonal IPv6 upon request, up to /64)
    SolusVM Control Panel
    Fully Customizable Resources
    CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora, & more...

DATA CENTER DETAILS

ORDER NOW

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • @alento said:

TimboJones said: In practice, I've yet to experience an issue. It will definitely help. You'll note, these systems specifically say no VPN's but no mention of VPS.

But in practice they notice the IP as a data center IP rather than a residential IP and boom! :(

Been there done that.

For Netflix, yes, for signing up with a VPS provider? Likely, no.

• @SmartHost said:
    We can do this on three KVM NVME Linux VPS for $88.50/year total for you.
    One in EU, one in US East Coast, one in US West Coast.

Each VPS:
    10GB NVME SSD Disk Space
    1GB RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    1 vCPU Threads
    1 IPv4 Address ($1/Per Additional IPV4)
    1 IPv6 Address* (Free Additonal IPv6 upon request, up to /64)
    SolusVM Control Panel
    Fully Customizable Resources
    CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora, & more...

DATA CENTER DETAILS

ORDER NOW

~ SMARTHOST

Thanks, let me check it.