Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF 1 more RTO Storage server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LF 1 more RTO Storage server

TerenasTerenas Member
edited February 2020 in Requests

Hi,

i need 1 more storage server.

Looking for a 12 month rto deal.

1u (preferabl
4x 8 or 12tb Drives (preferably cmr)

CPU: dont care (just needs ecc support, preferably low power usage)
RAM: >= 16gb

Price as low as possible obviously as this is lowendtalk :). (both for the rto and colo )

anything over 10mbit port speed with 1x ipv4 should be okay.

Comments

• bump

• That will be hard to find for a low price. Define low btw. I think the OVH Store-2 is pretty good deal but you just missed out on the winter special which had it -30% off.

https://www.ovh.nl/dedicated_servers/advance/adv-stor-2/

Or go for Store-1 which is around € 100 excl. VAT/mo but only 4x6 TB.

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2020

1000 eur only for the hdd .. (12 tb)

Thanked by 1cause
  • TerenasTerenas Member
    edited February 2020

I do realize that the disks and hardware cost money. - That is fine.
    (I figured as various providers here might want to switch to amd hardware anyway, they can make me a good deal on some used intel hardware. )

=> Normally i would just buy the hardware outright, but having the cost for the hardware split up and rolled into monthly billing is adventitious for me due to tax reasons,...

• @dacentec had some older hardware with big drives at one time. Plenty of people here grabbed one at the time. They are rent only now, but you could email them and see what they can do an RTO.

I have many RTO on colo there. Good support, times are good, and always pleasant, (even when I fat finger something). Give them a shot see what happens and good luck :smile:

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

If you have access to some form of financing (PayPal Credit, 0% APR Credit Card) it's better to just do that with your own hardware unless you just don't want to deal with the physical server.

• @Terenas said:
    Hi,

i need 1 more storage server.

Looking for a 12 month rto deal.

1u (preferabl
    4x 8 or 12tb Drives (preferably cmr)

CPU: dont care (just needs ecc support, preferably low power usage)
    RAM: >= 16gb

Price as low as possible obviously as this is lowendtalk :). (both for the rto and colo )

anything over 10mbit port speed with 1x ipv4 should be okay.

They are not very cheap.. but still

https://www.backovia.com/cheap-backup-high-storage-dedicated-server-in-eu.html