Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CN2 in LAX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CN2 in LAX

I am looking real CN2 VPS LAX that 256MB memory, 5GB disk or better, and my budget is USD3 per month I only need 100-200GB bandwidth for VPN。

It will be ideal if I can request IP change if it is walled, I do not send email!

Comments

• https://anynode.net/vps-kvm-ssd.php Are a cheap and good provider from my experience

• I'd say if you only need a VPN to bypass GFW, just go with a commercial VPN provider that specifically targeting Chinese market(I'm not talking about providers like NordVPN or ExpressVPN they sucks in China). They usually have plenty of servers with premium bandwidth to China to choose from and even leased line with very low latency.

I used to spend over $150/year for a few VPSes with premium bandwidth to China. It's expensive and the IP addresses still could get blocked sometimes. I have now switched to a VPN provider for a few weeks. I only paid around $50 for 2 years and the speed is not bad at all. I can easily reach 100Mbps either at my home or workplace.

• Kiwi83 said: just go with a commercial VPN provider that specifically targeting Chinese market

I am looking for v2ray,ssr to run myself. I am not from China and visiting 3 months, I do not have ALIPAY, which is only payment they will take.

ExpressVPN and NordVPN do not work in last month.

• I can increase the budget 5/month to get suggestions.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@1606234 said:

Kiwi83 said: just go with a commercial VPN provider that specifically targeting Chinese market

I am looking for v2ray,ssr to run myself. I am not from China and visiting 3 months, I do not have ALIPAY, which is only payment they will take.

If I were you, I'd only be looking for an 'Anti-virus' :D

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • thedp said: If I were you, I'd only be looking for an 'Anti-virus' :D

Yes, this is not ideal situation. I came on business trip, already sign up for expressvpn, then the government wall blocks expressvpn easily.

I also purchased every stacksocial garbage VPN, it seems internet with chinese characteristics just allowed VPN most days when there is nothing wrong but when there is major event they will block all commercial VPN provider easily.

• If you don't mind Seattle @IonSwitch_Stan @IonSwitch is a good one that fits your budget.

• @1606234 said:

Kiwi83 said: just go with a commercial VPN provider that specifically targeting Chinese market

The provider I used before is a China based company and they don't accept CC or PayPal. Here are some providers I've heard before but never tried myself. They all offer VPS with optimized network to China, though some of them don't advertise it on their homepage.

https://bandwagonhost.com/
    https://www.gigsgigscloud.com/
    https://www.hostdare.com/

For VPN provider I recommend
    https://www.pandavpnpro.com/
    Technically they are not a privacy focused VPN provider. They use a modified version of shadowsocks I believe, it works well in China. It's the provider I'm currently using. They accept CC and PayPal.

Also check out
    https://justmysocks.net
    I believe it's another brand of bandwagonhost. They only sell managed shadowsocks proxy under this brand.

I know they are probably all above your $5/month budget but most providers that sell cheaper CN2 bandwidth turned out to be either garbage or scam. I suggest you invest a little more on a decent proxy server, it will definitely save you a lot of trouble later.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Kiwi83 said: I know they are probably all above your $5/month budget but most providers that sell cheaper CN2 bandwidth turned out to be either garbage or scam. I suggest you invest a little more on a decent proxy server, it will definitely save you a lot of trouble later.

I would be running this on Linux, pandavpn does not have client. (We take disposable Chromebooks through the CN border, that are then destroyed on return).

I'm looking for 100GB of bandwidth, it can be on 50Mbps port or less, for CN2. I don't think this is unreasonable because justmysocks offers 500GB for $6.

• @1606234 said:

Kiwi83 said: I know they are probably all above your $5/month budget but most providers that sell cheaper CN2 bandwidth turned out to be either garbage or scam. I suggest you invest a little more on a decent proxy server, it will definitely save you a lot of trouble later.

I would be running this on Linux, pandavpn does not have client. (We take disposable Chromebooks through the CN border, that are then destroyed on return).

I'm looking for 100GB of bandwidth, it can be on 50Mbps port or less, for CN2. I don't think this is unreasonable because justmysocks offers 500GB for $6.

You are looking for a low end VPS with high end bandwidth tailored specially for running a proxy server. Many Chinese people are looking for that kind of stuff too but they've never found anything like that. Cheaper plans attract DDoS and abusers. Providers will get a lot of IP addresses blocked and face a lot of chargebacks.

Try contact some providers directly see if they are willing to build a customized VPS for you.

• Signed up with two, trying them out.

Any suggestions more?

• It appears to cloudcone also has CN2 route.
    (at least from their test ip)
    It's their looking glass if you want traceroute the ip: http://la.lg.cloudc.one/

And their price:
    Compute $0.00498/HR
    ESTIMATED TOTAL
    $3.71/MO

• RecD said: (at least from their test ip)

I'm searching for CN2 GIA, not GT (which means no quadranet too)

• @1606234 said:

I don't think it's quadranet.
    It's from multacom.

And.. actually, access from somewhere in China to the test ip is through CN2 GIA route.
    But I don't know if they guarantee GIA route, maybe depend on your local ISP.

I am not the customer or affiliate with cloudcone, it's just my advice.
    Getting a traceroute result by yourself is a smart choice, i believe.

• @RecD said:

@1606234 said:

I don't think it's quadranet.
    It's from multacom.

And.. actually, access from somewhere in China to the test ip is through CN2 GIA route.
    But I don't know if they guarantee GIA route, maybe depend on your local ISP.

I am not the customer or affiliate with cloudcone, it's just my advice.
    Getting a traceroute result by yourself is a smart choice, i believe.

it is CN2 GIA from multacom. But they often oversell bandwidth, causing severe packet loss on the network.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @1606234 said:

Kiwi83 said: I know they are probably all above your $5/month budget but most providers that sell cheaper CN2 bandwidth turned out to be either garbage or scam. I suggest you invest a little more on a decent proxy server, it will definitely save you a lot of trouble later.

if your need CN2 gia vpn, maybe I can offer it. cn2 gia in 100M or 1g bandwidth

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited May 2020

You can try [Bandwagon Host]

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

winer said: CN2 GIA
    winer said: oversell bandwidth

Everyone with CN2 GIA is going to have to severely oversell if they want to make the math work with a low end offer. It is very expensive.

Thanked by 1RecD
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@qps said:

Everyone with CN2 GIA is going to have to severely oversell if they want to make the math work with a low end offer. It is very expensive.

Basically.

GIA is supposedly around $7/mbit?

Francisco

Thanked by 1uptime
  • atrandysatrandys Member
    edited July 2020

It fits you well,justmysocks CN2 GIA VPN:https://justmysocks3.net/members/aff.php?aff=538&pid=2

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

After alternating on/off we actually dropped CN2 in the end. A few reasons led to our decision but primarily:

1. Oversubscription & Saturation
    2. Level3 insisting on CN2 priority (instead of NTT or GTT) forcing all US Level3 traffic to LAX and over CN2.
  • https://justmysocks.net offers CN2 GIA route with SSR server, now they offers v2ray servers.

Also, http://lightyearvpn.com/ offers CN2 GIA and BGP servers as well but for better pricing. The later one is fast and stable in China.

• Wouldn't getting a VPS from a supplier that also offers VPNs make it very likely your IP range will have issues sooner or later (from "Asia")?

• Grab test IPs from various providers and plonk them in this site: http://ping.chinaz.com/

You get ping times from different providers and different chinese cities. 200ms is a tolerable latency for me, or a cheap solution will be to get the cheapest provider and pairing it with Cloudflare and run v2ray off it. Also Cloudflare works if your IP gets walled.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited August 2020

@Francisco said:

@qps said:

Basically.

GIA is supposedly around $7/mbit?

Francisco

thats correct.

thats the price when you dont play dirty games. on the market, DCs who run CN2 GIA not only have to pay for the network but also pay for bribes or to individuals or have strong connection in China if they want a much cheaper price.

• let me give you some advise. as chinese, cn2 gia is not useful. you can try G-core labs' vps, location Russia, Khabarovsk, if you use China Union, of course , you can buy a nat vps for forwarding. total 7$ per month. anytime, anywhere, you can enjoy youtube 4k, even more.

• That's interesting istek999. I guess the direct peering/IP transit between Chinese & Russian carriers aren't saturated. Russia doesn't really block any mainstream websites except for LinkedIn which for some reason still works in China. Weird.

• @istek999 said:
    you can buy a nat vps for forwarding

You can do forwarding with Gost https://www.oilandfish.com/posts/v2ray-server-domestic-relay.html

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited August 2020

@istek999 said:
    let me give you some advise. as chinese, cn2 gia is not useful. you can try G-core labs' vps, location Russia, Khabarovsk, if you use China Union, of course , you can buy a nat vps for forwarding. total 7$ per month. anytime, anywhere, you can enjoy youtube 4k, even more.

I tested different VPS and network for customers in China . The only network that work for smooth 4K YouTube is cn2 gia. It’s nothing to do with physical distance. It’s about how they control and prioritize the incoming network bandwidth. Besides, Normally Nat VM never survive from GFW. Russian VpS is very limited to China Unicom and very time limited . Peak time Usage is impossible . China mobile is a bit friendly to Cloudflare but unstable without premium bandwidth.

VPS without Cn2 gets less than 600k/s if lucky, gmt+8 20:00 is nearly unusable, Cn2 GT can reach 3m/s, gia is much more on average 24 hours

• 16062341606234 Member
    edited August 2020

I don't really have need for premium 4K youtube。I just need under 1 Mbps of stable and good latency of SSH, VNC over SSH tunnel to several US office network,with the deep inspection ssh usually is fine, but if you start sending data inside the ssh (tunnel, vnc, etc) it is blocked.