Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostdoc is closing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostdoc is closing

Comments

• @poisson said:

@imok said:

@vyas11 said:
    The question that baffles me is ...

What is grammatically correct? Two threads have two different forms...

"Service Provider X" Is Closing

Or

"Service Provider X" Are Closing

@poisson @uptime and the grammatically learned.. thoughts?

I don't know a lot about of English, but we are talking about a singular provider, so the verb should be IS. The other case would be "service providers ARE closing".

It is really weird to know that "service provider X are closing" is even an option.

English is really hard.

Yeah... no :lol:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Perhaps.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @uptime said:
    Perhaps.

definitely maybe.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • i do free class so .. join please.

• Boys, can u answer my questions,

1) Will they refund me?
    2) What’s the alternative? I paid to HostDoc 25 BGP yearly, I expect no more than this.

Thanks

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2020

1) Remains to be seen.
    2) None. All of his hosting plans were loss-leaders.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

@jpeng said:
    Boys, can u answer my questions,

1) Will they refund me?
    2) What’s the alternative? I paid to HostDoc 25 BGP yearly, I expect no more than this.

Thanks

1) No Clue

2) https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=82 + Annual payment + HD10 Coupon.

When you convert GBP to USD, it comes extremely close :)

Join the family boss. Our LA and Germany locations are pretty decent for china.

Thanked by 3Ympker poisson jpeng
  • seriesn said: Our LA and Germany locations are pretty decent for china.

Yup, keep 'em away from the best place! ;)

• @seriesn said:

@jpeng said:

1) Will they refund me?

Thanks

1) No Clue

@seriesn are there any test IPs?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

seriesn said: Our LA and Germany locations are pretty decent for china.

He thinks the best places are detrimental to the financial health of his business.

• @vyas11 said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

seriesn said: Our LA and Germany locations are pretty decent for china.

He thinks the best places are detrimental to the financial health of his business.

I got cash to throw but don't got enough stash to burn. Can't colo, nor YOLO. So there's that lol.

@jpeng said:

@seriesn said:

@jpeng said:

1) Will they refund me?

Thanks

1) No Clue

@seriesn are there any test IPs?

Here you go buddy.

Location (Falkenstein, Germany)
    Test IPv4: lgger.nexusbytes.com
    Test file: http://lgger.nexusbytes.com/1000mb.test.zip

Location (LA, CA, USA)
    Test IPv4: lgla.nexusbytes.com
    Test file: http://lgla.nexusbytes.com/1000mb.test.zip

• @seriesn lol(o)

• damn, I thought hostdoc is really closing -_-

• @seriesn I have interests in your service, thanks for the info.

May I ask one more question, the lesson I learned from hostdoc is, IDCs have the risk of "跑路“. so when will you plan to "跑路“, or never?

Regards.

• @jpeng said:
    @seriesn I have interests in your service, thanks for the info.

May I ask one more question, the lesson I learned from hostdoc is, IDCs have the risk of "跑路“. so when will you plan to "跑路“, or never?

Regards.

He has just introduced Chinese language customer support. Do you think he will be closing shop so soon? Also, recently he was offering to buy struggling providers. There are lots of data to suggest he is a strong provider.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jpeng said: "跑路

English only please. Some readers do not speak other languages and neither do some mods. It is in the rules and the only reason this place is not like LEB is we tend to follow those rules.

I am not trying to be an ass but things are done a certain way here and thus we still have this place is all.

• @jpeng said:
    @seriesn I have interests in your service, thanks for the info.

Regards.

Hey Buddy,
    I actually had to ask a friend for translation, since google translation is very inaccurate.

Never is a promise that no one can make. Life happens.

However, I have mentioned this here in the past, this business is my retirement plan. I have vested interest in staying in this industry for long enough and worked/working extremely hard to build a quality brand, where customers are treated right and get an amazing value for their money and time :).

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@seriesn said:
    this business is my retirement plan.

Pretty confident to say that about hosting.

Thanked by 2seriesn MasonR
  • I have known @seriesn for a very long time. If he says it is going to be this way you can count on it being this way, unless he dies or something. He will not tell lies, and he will help you if you need it. He is a good guy and likes what he does.

• In the words of @AuroraZ

Nexus Bytes <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

• @seriesn I have bought one from you. I always get suggestions from this forum, and be happy to use the member's service. But hope you can keep run long, I hate to transfer my blog once and once. :smile:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

NexusBytes

Thanked by 2dahartigan uptime
  • @jpeng said:
    I hate to transfer my blog once and once. :smile:

I guess you mean you hate to transfer your blog repeatedly?

• @poisson said:

@jpeng said:

Once the provider 跑路, I had to transfer my site to others. This wastes my time.

• @jpeng said:

@poisson said:

@jpeng said:

Once the provider 跑路, I had to transfer my site to others. This wastes my time.

I have good news - you won't need to do that again. NexusBytes is strong on plow and his fields are fertile with potassium-rich crops. Your sites are safe with @seriesn and that's a fact.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

wouldn't you say the same thing before about HostDoc?

• @MikeA said:

@seriesn said:
    this business is my retirement plan.

Pretty confident to say that about hosting.

Listen you! When I get "Older", my lazy ass is not ready to drive and move every day. Take that as you like! :P

Jokes aside, I have a strong belief that some of, including yourself, my kind sir, will not only make it happen! We will have fun, while we make it happen <3

• @FAT32 said:
    NexusBytes

@Mic-hael said:
    In the words of @AuroraZ

Nexus Bytes <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

@AuroraZ said:
    I have known @seriesn for a very long time. If he says it is going to be this way you can count on it being this way, unless he dies or something. He will not tell lies, and he will help you if you need it. He is a good guy and likes what he does.

@poisson @dahartigan

Thank you for the vote of confidence! Waking up to messages likes this what makes the day perfect!! Thank you family <3

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jpeng said:
    @seriesn I have bought one from you. I always get suggestions from this forum, and be happy to use the member's service. But hope you can keep run long, I hate to transfer my blog once and once. :smile:

Welcome to the family sir! I hope, you find things, well and healthy for your need :)

• @Clouvider said:
    wouldn't you say the same thing before about HostDoc?

I said his services were excellent, which they were. I don't ever recall having the confidence that hostdoc would be around for a long time like I do here.. if you can find a quote of me saying otherwise, I'll happily admit I was wrong.