Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc are closing down - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc are closing down

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@xaoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@cociu said:

jsg said: And btw, now that @cociu seems to offer reasonable (often even good) support and reaction times he will blow quite a few low end providers out of the water. Black Friday only kills the lowest end, the utterly unprepared or mindless ones. The main killer always was and still is "the better one kills the good one"

Thanks , we have declared the year 2020 for improove quality so yes we are 100% in this . You will note the change verry soon.

I see 2020 isn't the year of the spellchecker.

You misspelled autocorrect.

Haha, good point, I just went with the suggestion. But it's like cociu goes out of his way to disable built in auto correct and suggested words.

Going with the suggestion is just being lazy! I try to only use those when 100% in doubt about the word i'm typing.

• @lontong said:
    Anyone here already got the refund promised?

No. Not yet.

The email they sent 3 days ago says "If your refund has not yet been recieved, please open a ticket". I did do that and here we are, 3 days with no response.

• @epaslv said:

@lontong said:
    Anyone here already got the refund promised?

No. Not yet.

The email they sent 3 days ago says "If your refund has not yet been recieved, please open a ticket". I did do that and here we are, 3 days with no response.

Wow. I was actually hoping he was going to follow through with the refunds.. Have servers started to go down yet?

• HM-Michael said: Have servers started to go down yet?

Servers are still up, but I have moved all services to another host as per his advice.

I very much doubt that he will refund as promised.

• I think the refunds may be done in stages, I imagine it would require a lot of cash to refund everyone in one go.

Chike's definitely not a scammer and I know he wouldn't rip people off. After everything said and done, I honestly believe that he will honor refunds.

I also anticipate edge cases where refunds won't happen due to not having opened a ticket to request a refund, expectations regarding bonus account credits etc, so to be fair, keep that in mind.

I hope that helps calm some concerns!

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • epaslv said: No. Not yet.

It has been two+ days without response here as well. It was the reason I asked.

@dahartigan - I can understand refunds in stages, but not the lack of response to the ticket.
    It is also disheartening that nobody has chimed in yet saying they have received a refund.

• @FrankZ said:

epaslv said: No. Not yet.

It has been two+ days without response here as well. It was the reason I asked.

@dahartigan - I can understand refunds in stages, but not the lack of response to the ticket.
    It is also disheartening that nobody has chimed in yet saying they have received a refund.

Fair call. He's gone radio silent as far as I know (forums, discord, etc) but if he's not responding to tickets that's not a good sign. Have you tried the live chat? I've always found that the best way to get a fast response assuming he's awake or able to respond while he's at his day job (tawk app on his phone)

I haven't had any communication with him for many days now, so I can't be much more helpful I'm afraid.

I would really like to see some people talking about refunds they have received but I can also understand that many people would rather keep quiet and avoid the drama. If that's the case, you can PM me and I'll keep a tally going in the thread without being identified.

• @dahartigan said:
    I think the refunds may be done in stages, I imagine it would require a lot of cash to refund everyone in one go.

Chike's definitely not a scammer and I know he wouldn't rip people off. After everything said and done, I honestly believe that he will honor refunds.

I also anticipate edge cases where refunds won't happen due to not having opened a ticket to request a refund, expectations regarding bonus account credits etc, so to be fair, keep that in mind.

The evidence up to now doesn't suggest that he is a scammer, but given how thinly stretched he appeared to be (using profits to rent more servers instead of consolidation and cost reduction), I am not sure if he actually has money to do refunds without digging into his own pockets. Without proper accounts we cannot tell, but the evidence doesn't look good.

The heart may be willing, but the wallet may be weak.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:
    I think the refunds may be done in stages, I imagine it would require a lot of cash to refund everyone in one go.

The evidence up to now doesn't suggest that he is a scammer, but given how thinly stretched he appeared to be (using profits to rent more servers instead of consolidation and cost reduction), I am not sure if he actually has money to do refunds without digging into his own pockets. Without proper accounts we cannot tell, but the evidence doesn't look good.

The heart may be willing, but the wallet may be weak.

If it were to transpire that refunds were a false hope, I'd be disappointed. I feel for anyone in that case who may be themselves in a financial pickle and are sweating on a refund.

Speaking of accounts.. are they public in the UK?

• @dahartigan said:
    Wait, why do I sense that he is blaming this on me?

Within and up to a ~year after the tax year in question broadly. However, I'm not inclined to make a proper judgement on a business based on their end of year tax report.

• I just submitted a ticket to them, would they refund me? I ordered a year of server with about 30USD, but only used for 2 months. :(

• @Mic-hael said:

@dahartigan said:

Within and up to a ~year after the tax year in question broadly. However, I'm not inclined to make a proper judgement on a business based on their end of year tax report.

The tax report will show cash flows and stuff, no?

• I'm getting trustworthy reports of refunds for services purchased recently.

Pro-rated refunds are unconfirmed (to me at least) at this point.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited February 2020

I did receive a response to a ticket re: refund, and was told it will take up to 30 days.. so, just patiently waiting. I prepaid a year around two weeks ago but am confident once the relevant wheels turn that a refund will be processed.

• dahartigan said: I'm getting trustworthy reports of refunds for services purchased recently.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am not liking how this is going.

But I'd say it's still a bit too early to make judgement.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @poisson said:

@Mic-hael said:

@dahartigan said:

Don't think so. Government needs to know what your sales are to apply the percentage and collect. They don't need to know cash in accounts (unless you fail to pay the taxes). I don't think cash is treated like an asset/property that needs to be reported.

-not a UK citizen.

• @xaoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@xaoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@cociu said:

jsg said: And btw, now that @cociu seems to offer reasonable (often even good) support and reaction times he will blow quite a few low end providers out of the water. Black Friday only kills the lowest end, the utterly unprepared or mindless ones. The main killer always was and still is "the better one kills the good one"

Thanks , we have declared the year 2020 for improove quality so yes we are 100% in this . You will note the change verry soon.

You misspelled autocorrect.

Haha, good point, I just went with the suggestion. But it's like cociu goes out of his way to disable built in auto correct and suggested words.

Going with the suggestion is just being lazy! I try to only use those when 100% in doubt about the word i'm typing.

FYI, autocorrect and spellcheck are not the same. Either would be fine to improve his posts 1000%.

Also, lazy is on brand for me.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@Mic-hael said:

@dahartigan said:

Don't think so. Government needs to know what your sales are to apply the percentage and collect. They don't need to know cash in accounts (unless you fail to pay the taxes). I don't think cash is treated like an asset/property that needs to be reported.

-not a UK citizen.

Depends on the types of account you're required to file some parts of the detailed return are made public through companies house.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11053532/filing-history

You can see in the accounts made until 30 November 2018 that his capital reserves at the time were -£12, so I wouldn't say, if the situation was similar at the time, that the business is capable in refunding on its own. Now, assuming the business is no longer solvent, if the director didn't put it into administration, the liability of the director is no longer "limited" by the capital invested/shares. It doesn't look to be managed too professional so far, especially given the website in its capacity to sell is still live, and so, if insolvent, then continuing to trade is bluntly illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_while_insolvent

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@Mic-hael said:

@dahartigan said:

-not a UK citizen.

Depends on the types of account you're required to file some parts of the detailed return are made public through companies house.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11053532/filing-history

You can see in the accounts made until 30 November 2018 that his capital reserves at the time were -£12, so I wouldn't say, if the situation was similar at the time, that the business is capable in refunding on its own. Now, assuming the business is no longer solvent, if the director didn't put it into administration, the liability of the director is no longer "limited" by the capital invested/shares. It doesn't look to be managed too professional so far, especially given the website in its capacity to sell is still live, and so, if insolvent, then continuing to trade is bluntly illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_while_insolvent

Finally, someone understanding that registering an Ltd. does not mean you have zero liability when shit hits the fan.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Re "HostDoc (not (yet)) refunding" ...

We should keep in mind the tremendous stress and other psychological factors when someone has to stop something he really loved and invested heavily into. I'd almost expect him to first take some time out, maybe a week or even two, before fully closing and "cleaning up". Maybe he is looking for someone trustworthy and professional to support him or even to do the cleaning up.

I'd not yet be worried.

@TimboJones said:

@cociu said:

That's actually positive. I strongly prefer @cociu continuing to focus on improving HostSolutions rather than on improving his spelling.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited February 2020

@jsg said:
    Re "HostDoc (not (yet)) refunding" ...

We should keep in mind the tremendous stress and other psychological factors when someone has to stop something he really loved and invested heavily into. I'd almost expect him to first take some time out, maybe a week or even two, before fully closing and "cleaning up". Maybe he is looking for someone trustworthy and professional to support him or even to do the cleaning up.

I'd not yet be worried.

@TimboJones said:

@cociu said:

That's actually positive. I strongly prefer @cociu continuing to focus on improving HostSolutions rather than on improving his spelling.

As a non-native speaker, I can confirm that bid spilling often passes some people off. Can't really say how bod it us for da business, but not rarely enough I see people complaining online about "overseas" technical support and how annoyed they are with less than perfect English.

• jsg said: That's actually positive. I strongly prefer @cociu continuing to focus on improving HostSolutions rather than on improving his spelling.

jsg said: That's actually positive. I strongly prefer @cociu continuing to focus on improving HostSolutions rather than on improving his spelling.

i do not need much english to take decisions how my employers/colaborators is need to work. Many time i have told i am not a tech guy , i know bassically 5% of networking but i have people who is certified. About tiketing ... i have mikept now , also my "Adrians" wirite a good english .. so what is the problem ? you know @jsg will be always people who will blame my english , the difference is i do not sell english here ... i sell services. Also thanks.

• @cociu said:
    the difference is i do not sell english here ... i sell services.

Quote of the day.

• poisson said: Quote of the day.

the quote of the day i plan to offer something like 5-10tb vps in less 7 dollars.. still make some numbers. Kiss you !

• @cociu said:

poisson said: Quote of the day.

Kiss you !

Pucker up baby :-P

• epaslvepaslv Member
    edited February 2020

jsg said: We should keep in mind the tremendous stress and other psychological factors when someone has to stop something he really loved and invested heavily into.

Yes appreciated. On balance though...

Did he have to stop?
    It seems he has taken exception to trolls trying to bring his brand down and then got bagged by someone he once trusted, and based on this took immediate action in closing the doors.

Keep in mind the possible stress this may be causing to his clients. Especially when there is no response to tickets. You can't just do this and put it back on the clients and ask them to be patient.

• That's actually positive. I strongly prefer @cociu continuing to focus on improving HostSolutions rather than on improving his spelling.

Wait, it's an "either/or" problem for him? Most people can handle walking and chewing gum. I would keep expectations very low for improving business if that's the case.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Any body got a refund yet??

This discussion has been closed.