Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Block Box / Storages / NVMe $3.30 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Block Box / Storages / NVMe $3.30

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@ernie88 said:
    Grabbed a SB1, let's see how it goes. Thanks!

🤙

@schilton said:
    @key900 can tell me,

Please check the welcome mail there is a guideline available.

Thanks 🤙

Regarding

• Awesome deals @key900 :-) I've noticed a massive improvement over the past year or so, the servers are very stable and the network is fast.

N4 is a particularly tempting offer!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Any love for Dallas? Prefer something more east coast for my travels to Europe.

• @dahartigan said:
    Awesome deals @key900 :-) I've noticed a massive improvement over the past year or so, the servers are very stable and the network is fast.

N4 is a particularly tempting offer!

When they upgraded the power and 10GB, it's been awesome ever since.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @key900 can you little guide me how to use the storage vps, i mean how to store files..

• schilton said: i mean how to store files..

i dont think you should be buying unmanaged vpses

• @hzr said:

schilton said: i mean how to store files..

spamer!

do am you are have fully managed service?

up to $20 please :smiley:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • schilton == zombie1 ?

• @isunbejo gosh I hope not!

@schilton - are you able to use file transfer commands such as scp and rsync and wget ...? That might be a good place to start.

otherwise, using a nextcloud server (or seafile, etc) is another way to go - assuming the VPS has the necessary resources (especially ram and cpu).

But that will require some basic sysadmin wherewithal (which is generally assumed when purchasing an unmanaged VPS). You might follow a tutorial, or even hire someone to set it up for you - but maybe better if you take some time to learn more about managing your system.

(And I would really recommend that you do your basic learning on a local box rather than an unsecured VPS on the wild wild web.)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @hzr said:

schilton said: i mean how to store files..

He seems to be pretty unmanaged himself, so maybe that qualifies him

• @schilton said:
    @key900 can you little guide me how to use the storage vps, i mean how to store files..

letbox has a community discord if you have basic questions. if your completely clueless however and just want a nextcloud setup pm me and ill set it up for 10$

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan ... dat N4 doe

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15201231

Single-Core score    Multi-Core score
    3021                 10717

default CentOS 7.7 template as provisioned - 4 X5670 vcores @ 2.9 GHz (AES enabled)

pretty much 0.0 cpu steal (sometimes a flicker to 0.1 during multi-core test - just once up to 0.5)

haven't probulated the NVMe or network too much yet but based on previous experience should be strong on plow

I tricked this one out with 2 TB block storage and 2 Gbit/s port :sunglasses:

EDIT2:

seeing about 1 GB/s sustained write speed on teh NVMe

still have to setup the block storage

• > Single-Core score    Multi-Core score
    > 3021               10717
    > 

default CentOS 7.7 template as provisioned - 4 X5670 vcores @ 2.9 GHz (AES enabled)

pretty much 0.0 cpu steal (sometimes a flicker to 0.1 during multi-core test - just once up to 0.5)

haven't probulated the NVMe or network too much yet but based on previous experience should be strong on plow

I tricked this one out with 2 TB block storage and 2 Gbit/s port :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptime said: pretty much 0.0 cpu steal (sometimes a flicker to 0.1 during multi-core test - just once up to 0.5)

Yeah. I have had a different plan for a few months now. Never seen it go above 0.0 whenever I have checked.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptime said: default CentOS 7.7 template as provisioned - 4 X5670 vcores @ 2.9 GHz (AES enabled)

cpu is actually E5-2690 v2 (I got confused with my jumphost, lol)

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz 
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx
                      fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl
                      xtopology eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt
                      tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi
                      flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms xsaveopt arat

note vmx flag for nested virtualization :)

• @uptime said:
    @isunbejo gosh I hope not!

@schilton - are you able to use file transfer commands such as scp and rsync and wget ...? That might be a good place to start.

otherwise, using a nextcloud server (or seafile, etc) is another way to go - assuming the VPS has the necessary resources (especially ram and cpu).

But that will require some basic sysadmin wherewithal (which is generally assumed when purchasing an unmanaged VPS). You might follow a tutorial, or even hire someone to set it up for you - but maybe better if you take some time to learn more about managing your system.

(And I would really recommend that you do your basic learning on a local box rather than an unsecured VPS on the wild wild web.)

I don't see this guy installing nextcloud from scratch. Perhaps, there's a script on github to automate most of the install, but this guy should stick with shared hosting and cloud syncing like Dropbox.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @TimboJones said:

I don't see this guy installing nextcloud from scratch.

Wow that's a weekend and a few beers kind of work

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/installation/

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @key900 said:

We have few in stock.

Any re-restock?

@vyas11 said:

@key900 said:

We have few in stock.

Any re-restock?

Yes. We just waiting few drives to be delivered.

Regarding

Thanked by 3vyas11 bdl uptime
    edited February 2020

@FootKaput said:
    Any love for Dallas? Prefer something more east coast for my travels to Europe.

East Coast planned for this year and more stock will be delivered in Dallas later once we got upgraded.

Thanked by 3vyas11 FootKaput bdl
  • @key900 can you see my ticket. It has been so long.
    If it’s hard for you. Shall I request cancellation!??

edited February 2020

@schilton said:
    @key900 can you see my ticket. It has been so long.

We are unmanaged services as we mentioned in order page and TOS. The ticket was already answered for you. i'm sorry but our support can't help how to managed your services. We don't have managed support for softwares. We don't deal or installing softwares. if you want to cancel please kindly follow our TOS and KB.

Best regarding.

• webdevwebdev Member
    edited February 2020

@schilton said:

still don't know how to use your 2HDD?

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-change-move-data-directory-after-installation/17170

• @webdev said:

@schilton said:

still don't know how to use your 2HDD?

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-change-move-data-directory-after-installation/17170

Quick tips, before install nextcloud, change mount point /dev/vdb1 to path :
    /var/www/nextcloud/data

And then install nextcloud as usually,
    Good luck

Thanked by 2uptime Hayashima
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

Reading is hard. Even harder is following instructions.
    @key900 happy to consider getting the plan if he does cancel.

Thanked by 2skorous AlwaysSkint
  • @vyas11 said:

Not like it matters. If he cant read then he wont be able to figure out how to request a refund anyways xD

• @james50a said:

@vyas11 said:

Not like it matters. If he cant read then he wont be able to figure out how to request a refund anyways xD

lol. Though I would not be surprised if he does figure out how to get refund without any help.

• Any restock?