Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner counterpart in the US?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner counterpart in the US?

Any provider in the US that can match hetzner offers?

Specifically looking at the following specs:
Unmetered 1gbit
Cpu with ~10k passmark
64gb ram
2 x 500gb NVMe

And at hetzner prices? Or even near it?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

no, literally. 1Gbps unmetered and 64GB RAM are the hard things for a Hetzner budget of $50-$80. If you don't need any DDoS protection look at NocIX.net.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

You can look at reliablesite.net ( @MrRadic ) too .

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Answer: No (with those specs)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Tough one, but maybe look around JoesDC to see if there's anything you might like.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In short, don't burn bridges with Hetzner. You might regret it.

• @thedp said:
    Tough one, but maybe look around JoesDC to see if there's anything you might like.

You got any idea about their network quality?

• Ovh?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@seriesn said:
    Ovh?

Not nearly the same price as Hetzner anymore for similar hardware. SoYouStart maybe but he wants 1Gbps not 250Mbps so it's out of the question too probably.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Hetzner is prem

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@l2o88j said:

@thedp said:

You got any idea about their network quality?

Sorry, I do not. I've never bought anything from them but I know they've been in the industry for quite some time now.

Maybe someone here does.

• I guess hetz is prem.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Im looking at reliable site, just because of that sweet $19 10gbit. But still far off the price of hetz. Makes me wonder how can hetz offer those price no one can match.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@kennsann said:
    I guess hetz is prem.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Im looking at reliable site, just because of that sweet $19 10gbit. But still far off the price of hetz. Makes me wonder how can hetz offer those price no one can match.

That's what peopled thought about OVH years ago. OVH prices have now significantly increased...

You can only operate so long with little to no profit.

Thanked by 1SinV
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@MrRadic said:

@kennsann said:
    I guess hetz is prem.

That's what peopled thought about OVH years ago. OVH prices have now significantly increased...

There will always be another one that takes up the slack.

• @CConner said:

@MrRadic said:

@kennsann said:
    I guess hetz is prem.

Looking forward for this next OVH

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@nyxynyx said:

@CConner said:

@MrRadic said:

@kennsann said:
    I guess hetz is prem.

There are tons of providers offering older hardware making little to no profit on it. For latest gen, I doubt it'll happen. OVH left that market when they started bleeding money, Hetzner is the only one left, but you can only go so long on a 24 month ROI when the server has little to no value after 12 months.

I was saying it about OVH for years, it was only a matter of time before the hundreds of millions they borrowed needed to be repaid....

• @MrRadic said:

@nyxynyx said:

@CConner said:

@MrRadic said:

@kennsann said:
    I guess hetz is prem.

There are tons of providers offering older hardware making little to no profit on it. For latest gen, I doubt it'll happen. OVH left that market when they started bleeding money, Hetzner is the only one left, but you can only go so long on a 24 month ROI when the server has little to no value after 12 months.

I was saying it about OVH for years, it was only a matter of time before the hundreds of millions they borrowed needed to be repaid....

Yeah only thing is OVh hasn't gone anywhere from the "older end" market.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited February 2020

@MikeA said:
    no, literally. 1Gbps unmetered and 64GB RAM are the hard things for a Hetzner budget of $50-$80. If you don't need any DDoS protection look at NocIX.net.

I guess there'd be wholesaleinternet too.... didn't they used to be... uh, 'partnered' with datashack/nocix? (ed: or are they just the same listings now and gave up the pretense? lol. spent a minute or so comparing the servers & seem the same, ed2: ah, some things say 'out of stock' on nocix, that aren't on wholesaleinternet .. exact same prices and specs, tho)

edited February 2020

Wholesaleinternet is not even in the same realm when it comes to quality compared to Hetzner.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @CConner said:
    Wholesaleinternet is not even in the same realm when it comes to quality compared to Hetzner.

Which is the better of the 2?

@nyxynyx said:

@CConner said:

Hetzner

• @CConner said:

@nyxynyx said:

@CConner said:

Hetzner

How bad is Wholesaleinternet?

• @MrRadic said:

@nyxynyx said:

@CConner said:

@MrRadic said:

@kennsann said:
    I guess hetz is prem.

Do servers in general drop drastically in value after about a year? Does this apply to both new and old servers?

• network33network33 Member
    edited February 2020

There is no counterpart to Hetzner in the US, closest you can get is OVH for more than double the cost.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • OVH has some deals in their US data centers, however I heard the network routing and speed are terrible. Start at $69

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@kennsann Is there a reason that you're a bit hesitant to try us out?

Because of your comment about our prices, I thought I'd include this article from our wiki: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Hetzner_Pricing/en
    --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @kennsann Is there a reason that you're a bit hesitant to try us out?

Because of your comment about our prices, I thought I'd include this article from our wiki: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Hetzner_Pricing/en
    --Katie

No no no. Don't get me wrong Katie, the reason is just that I need an LA server since I really have bad peering with Germany.

I actually ordered an AX41 two days ago. Still waiting on it, says on your status page that it might take 10 working days. :neutral:

• He's a MAGA fella.

Kidding... when you have a server you want it to be as geographically close as possible to your audience/users, I think that's the reason why he wants an US server.

Hetzner is the ALDI/LIDL of servers (I get back slowly and imagine all non-europeans LET users googling about these, eheheheh).

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@kennsann - Oh, great! That model's in pretty high demand at the moment. We're sorry for the delay. The demand is really much higher than our optimisstic estimates. Our team is working at top speed.

@DrCornFlakes - I know that latency can affect your provider choice. We have a growing number of customers in the US. I should have just asked what his use case was. ;)
    I think some larger US cities might already have a few ALDI and LIDL stores ;) --Katie

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Hetzner_OL said:
    I think some larger US cities might already have a few ALDI and LIDL stores ;) --Katie

Can confirm. And not just large cities anymore :)

edited February 2020

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @kennsann - Oh, great! That model's in pretty high demand at the moment. We're sorry for the delay. The demand is really much higher than our optimisstic estimates. Our team is working at top speed.

@DrCornFlakes - I know that latency can affect your provider choice. We have a growing number of customers in the US. I should have just asked what his use case was. ;)

When's Hetzner coming to the US? You can't tell me that you won't do it because ALDI and LIDL are already there.